Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

A grim day, dark overcast skies, incessant rain constant with no break, temps maxing 9 degrees.

A sentence that would be more akin to a description of a day in October, November, December, January, February, March or April.

• Like 4

Posted
20 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A grim day, dark overcast skies, incessant rain constant with no break, temps maxing 9 degrees.

A sentence that would be more akin to a description of a day in October, November, December, January, February, March or April.

A grim day indeed, the fire has been on for most of the day, terrible for the time of year. 

Keep thinking back to last year's perfect spring...

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Mountain Snow said:

A grim day indeed, the fire has been on for most of the day, terrible for the time of year. 

Keep thinking back to last year's perfect spring...

Woeful day, just adding to the many woeful days we've had this May. Tomorrow forecast is woeful, Sunday as well.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hopefully the 'Woe' store is getting low on 'Woes' unless the store has bought the world supply of 'Woes'

• Like 5

Posted

Headed back from a surprisingly dry-ish Whitby this morning, but didn't take long for the rain to start and really wet by the time I got on to the M6 and Sandbach services. Continuing to rain here in Crewe but with the possibility of it clearing later. Not a good couple of days! 

• Like 3

Posted

Non stop light to moderate rain for most of the day is now going for the coup de grâce 'hammering-it-down' finale as the low pressure slowly moves east mockingly like a substitute leaving the field of play with his team 1-0 up and only minutes to go.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Yes a pretty nasty afternoon with these bands of rain swirling around the low pressure. Looking further ahead there's still hope for a change of fortune into June as high pressure nudges north and introduces an easterly but obviously a warm one this time of year as the continent heats up. Is momentum slowly building for next month? Let's hope so.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Headed back from a surprisingly dry-ish Whitby this morning, but didn't take long for the rain to start and really wet by the time I got on to the M6 and Sandbach services. Continuing to rain here in Crewe but with the possibility of it clearing later. Not a good couple of days! 

Thought it always rained in Whitby, unless it just always rains when I go

I love the place all the same though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Had almost 36 hrs of heavy rain here,temps around 11-12c.Felt more like autumn/winter than spring. Roll on June when I'm heading down south to the wonderful Algarve to celebrate my 60th Birthday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It shows how crap the last few weeks weather have been when today’s forecasted chance of showers and the dizzy heights of 13c feel like something to be happy about.

• Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, iand61 said:

Thought it always rained in Whitby, unless it just always rains when I go

I love the place all the same though.

Me too! As our Yorkshire friends can no doubt confirm, Whitby is one of those places that has a micro-climate all of its own. It can be dry in Whitby and wet on the moors outside the town (as yesterday), and it can be sunny and warm on the moors and cold and misty in the town (mention of high pressure and easterly winds = gnashing of teeth in the town). And was it not Whitby that its warmest day of the year in March of 1965? If you're looking for guaranteed sun and warmth, Whitby is probably not the place to head but I love it and have done so for much of my life.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Already its the wettest May for the region since 2006, if it suprasses this and it is looks like almost a cert, next target is 1967.

It certainly feels like it and the ground looks like it.

as sodden as mid winter again.

Posted

Tropical Storm Ana has formed mid-Atlantic, which conveniently looks to be heading towards the UK for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend.

• Like 2

Posted

Dulizzy heights 11 degrees at noon in late May.. hopefully stays dry but clouds look rather ominous .

Interesting to note how wet May 2006 was, my memory becoming hazy but wasn't that a month of two halves a very warm dry second half might be completely wrong.. possibly confusing with 2008 which brought a very dry warm first half and very wet second half.

Temp wise easily on course I suspect coldest May since 96 here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Thank god its not raining like yesterday.  Ethiad vaccination centre is very busy.

20210522_130540.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Tropical Storm Ana has formed mid-Atlantic, which conveniently looks to be heading towards the UK for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend.

The Netweather and BBC weather forecasts both suggest that it will be dry and settled over the Bank Holiday weekend, as an area of high pressure moves in from The Azores and pushes any fronts to the north of the UK.  

• Like 4

Posted

A bit of a grotty start but it’s turned into a decent day now, pretty much in line with the forecast and one of those cloudy but bright days when the views are extensive.

shame much of the day has been made up of moving rubbish and tip runs but there were some good views of the Yorkshire 3 peaks on the trip over the tops to Burnley.

• Like 2

Posted

Despite yesterdays rain being an annoyance, one upside is that it's cleared the air today allowing extensive views from the Roaches towards the Shropshire Hills and Snowdonia although it'll be back to the usual wind, rain, and showers from tomorrow.

DSC_0166.thumb.JPG.131887b5dece4d61b3810a10fbb20829.JPGsnowd.thumb.jpg.61474119dcab8470e242272a71abd6e2.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

There looks to be a squall-line trying to get itself together out west as the front is moving in across Wales & Cornwall which could mean a bit of interesting weather for us later on this afternoon. I'm keeping dry inside today but in doing so i've found a neat website called viewfinderpanorma which maps out all the peaks and landmarks from many of the mountain-tops in the UK in comparison to the view around them, and thanks to this i've verified which of the Snowdonia mountains I was seeing yesterday and their distances. I've found out that on a exceptionally clear day it's also possible to see Pen-Y-Ghent & Ingleborough to the north from the top of Shining Tor, which is the next thing i'll be having a go at.

DSC_0206.thumb.JPG.125df00fe5efab91af8dce8247dd0ee7.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Yes - Squall line showing on Radar.

• Like 1