Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Sunshine now in the northern lake district as hopefully the showers have now ceased for the day. Some pretty amazing cloudscapes now to the west

• Like 3

Posted

Dark cloud bases to my north that i've been watching for the past hour towards the Manchester direction, nothing in the way of sferics (yet) but it looks like the Peak District terrain is giving the convection an added boost.

DSC_0485.thumb.JPG.2f03d28703024c0f09e041d415ad4034.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Been in a gap in the shower activity all day. Has been a really decent day here.

• Like 4

Posted

Dry at Pennington Flash, but dark clouds threatening all afternoon. Now thunder and CG strikes seen. Nothing detected on the various apps.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Live from Denton Greater Manchester, other matches not rained off are available.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BA0D2A0C-E174-4FFF-B655-C6F1DBCB76BF.thumb.png.5502168cbc05f46d197c48467fc65e8a.png

How to miss a thunderstorm. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dropped in pretty lucky here today with it mainly dry and, until late afternoon plenty of warm feeling sunshine.

a lot of threatening clouds about now but so far the rain has held off.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
55 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The sky to my NW is solid.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is some local flooding in that area.

Reports on the MEN website of some pretty widespread flooding in the Bolton area, particularly around Horwich.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Very lucky to dodge any showers all day in Nantwich whilst out walking. It was also the first warm day in ages where a t shirt was sufficient. Threatened to rain this evening but so far dry 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Heavy showers on and off for the past couple of hours. Tomorrow not looking great either but Tuesday & Weds not looking too bad at the moment. Mostly dry for a change - Hallelujah!

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Posted

Like RobR, I found this morning quite warm. Later I headed across the Pennines on the M62 and saw no rain until I was dropping down into Yorkshire at which point it rained heavily for a while. I was fearing the worst today but was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Posted

It looks like the summer monsoon has started early this year

• Like 2

Posted

Wow, I think the Bolton area had cheshires share of the downpours.  Despite the threatening skies late afternoon Macc was sunny, warm and dry all day, think there was a bit of drizzle in the night.  Still a cool feel this morning at 9°,  misty over the tops and dull.  Accomplished lots in the garden yesterday.  Last year my peony had about 13 buds and 11 bloomed, this year there's only 5 buds, its not liked the cold April and cool May so far.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Wow, I think the Bolton area had cheshires share of the downpours.  Despite the threatening skies late afternoon Macc was sunny, warm and dry all day, think there was a bit of drizzle in the night.  Still a cool feel this morning at 9°,  misty over the tops and dull.  Accomplished lots in the garden yesterday.  Last year my peony had about 13 buds and 11 bloomed, this year there's only 5 buds, its not liked the cold April and cool May so far.

Most plants are not doing that well except dandelions it seems. More hardy plants doing best. Everything seems about 3 weeks later than last year at least, mind it was a very early spring last year. 

• Like 3

Posted

Rather rubbish day of weather today… heavyish showers… at least watered garden and filled waterbutts… an hour of warm sunshine ☀️ hopefully tomorrow and Wednesday better ‍?️

made homemade chips, battered cod and onion rings stuffed…  

A8901A24-5961-469A-9405-ED9356BDF5C0.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Once again the weather went against the Meto forecast its been a pleasant day with sunny intervals and managed to miss the showers had a lovely tea Lasagne salad and Garlic bread elfresco 

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well, despite the horrid looking charts, met office forecast of heavy, thundery showers, and personal anger at the weather. Yesterday was a really nice day. We had sunny spells all day, before all clouds cleared off completely around 4pm; leaving room for a cloudless, Azores blue sky for a few hours. 

This morning has started sunny and warm, the promise for the next 2-3 days is sunny spells with around average temperatures; slightly below feel to it though when the sun goes in. 

No rain really in the forecast now till Thursday, with tomorrow forecasting a lovely sunny day! Just shows that even the lowest of lows can have the sunny period, just like areas of high pressure can sometimes offer periods of rain. 

An ever-increasingly promising outlook for summer too. Plenty of positivity around!

• Like 2