Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

A rather miserable May Saturday, not very spring like. Rain moderate from early morning, the clearance coming about 5pm, too late to salvage the day. It remains overcast, current temp 10.3 degrees, mildest its been all day.

Not much activity outside, many pubs and cafes have decided not to bother opening it seems. 

Still looks very early April in nature rather than early May, many trees still bare. 

Tomorrow looks more promising, should stay dry at least, and temps average climbing to about 15 possibly 16 degrees which will feel positively balmy after the recent cold. Want it to feel like May, very poor start to the month this year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A nasty day but temps are a bit milder. But going forward there's no real warmth on the horizon, it does look quite poor really with unsettled conditions prevailing. Would be nice to have a 20C+ day, nothing hot but just comfortably warm to go out in summer attire but we're just going to have to wait. We will get it eventually, even the worst summers had a handful of warm days so all is not lost. 

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

A nasty day but temps are a bit milder. But going forward there's no real warmth on the horizon, it does look quite poor really with unsettled conditions prevailing. Would be nice to have a 20C+ day, nothing hot but just comfortably warm to go out in summer attire but we're just going to have to wait. We will get it eventually, even the worst summers had a handful of warm days so all is not lost. 

Lets hope we don't have to wait until September for our best weather.. a change in fortunes in late May would be a major tonic.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
28 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A rather miserable May Saturday, not very spring like. Rain moderate from early morning, the clearance coming about 5pm, too late to salvage the day. It remains overcast, current temp 10.3 degrees, mildest its been all day.

Not much activity outside, many pubs and cafes have decided not to bother opening it seems. 

Still looks very early April in nature rather than early May, many trees still bare. 

Tomorrow looks more promising, should stay dry at least, and temps average climbing to about 15 possibly 16 degrees which will feel positively balmy after the recent cold. Want it to feel like May, very poor start to the month this year.

January style day, would feel really warm, maybe up to 14 degrees in the SW, reckon hills of north big snow to rain event

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A damp start to the day up here but the sun is trying to break through and at least we have lost that nagging cold of recent days.

hardly what we would be wanting for well into May but hopefully a massive improvement on yesterday where any improvement in temperatures was completely lost by the heavy rain.

• Like 3

Posted

May is my favourite month, but so far not feeling this May at all! Outlook looking rather lacklustre, hoping for a warm up and drying up latter part of the month.

Today though forecast dry and temps average, will feel much better than the month so far, but a bit humdrum..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

My gut feeling tells me the second half of June could be our summer. There is often a correlation of nice weather when there is a major football tournament on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
44 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Very gloomy day but surprisingly stayed dry so far, and much milder than recent days.

Just started raining here but thankfully it waited until 10 minutes after I’d finished cutting the grass.

• Like 2

Posted

I see the South & South East are potentially getting their first imported storms from the continent this evening... whilst we get just 'rain'.  Probably sign of things to come this summer...they'll be hit first with the fireworks, we'll receive the drabs at the end of the lord mayors show.

• Like 4

Posted
19 hours ago, Ramp said:

My gut feeling tells me the second half of June could be our summer. There is often a correlation of nice weather when there is a major football tournament on.

I've booked 2 weeks off work mid June, so I'm happy with your gut feeling.  Nice to get dressed for work this morning without shivering into my clothes, It's a balmy 8°.

• Like 4

Posted

Well, we've got rid of the cold wind, but the wind direction now means we have cloud and showers instead of sunshine and showers

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Any news from Bolton/Bury about the flashy bangy thing headed our way in the Calder Valley?

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of rain, hail, wind, thunder and lightning just passed over here. Shredded the blossom off the trees. Surprising amount of power for a small storm. 

• Like 4

Posted
21 minutes ago, Ramp said:

The floors damp but no big shower here on the other side of Rochdale

Going off where the lightning occurred, it seems to have been more this side of town. Dark and wet again now but no fireworks this time.

Screenshot_20210510-140120_Netweather Radar.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

If only I'd not had a zoom meeting this morning, I might have got the grass cut. It started to pour down as I got the mower to the back lawn at 11.30am and has been showering down off-and-on ever since. Exercise over for the day I believe! 

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 2

Posted

Some nice convective skies seen around here today but little in the way of lightning aside from a few 'false-positives' picked up near to Buxton earlier on, at least the plants are getting a bit of water.

3007.thumb.JPG.e935852918906ba985ca1c47664370b2.JPG3014.thumb.JPG.a1ca1916603fef9588519fe4f5998029.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Had a few showers today. One was a bit hefty but things soon dried up once that strong May sun got to work.

• Like 2

Posted

A couple of lively storms early afternoon around the Rossendale/Burnley areas with torrential rain and plenty of lightening.

soon brightened again afterwards and it’s been mainly sunny since.

• Like 3

Posted

A lovely evening here, sunny with the odd huge impressive cumulus floating by.  So much nicer now without the bitter northerlies.  Tomorrow is more of the same as today, on day off, hoping to catch up with a few jobs outside.  Hoping too for a bit of thunder and lightning.

• Like 2