Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

All of my snow that has been in the sun over the last couple of days has now melted but very little has changed in the shade.

just shows how cold the air temperatures are at the moment, especially close to the ground.

• Like 2

Posted

A different feeling day, overcast in the main after early brightness, patchy rain at times this afternoon, but so far we've missed the heavier bursts.

Still chilly, not very spring like. Sun should be back tomorrow and more frost..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Shed horror story this morning. Got mower out and did front and back lawn. Decided I needed to look for a spare belt for washing machine only to find my fishing nets, net bag, two reel bags and my rod bag had been destroyed by a rat.  After many hours clearing the shed, I discovered the rat(s) had eaten through the wooden lats at the back and reduced 2x2 timber supports to half " x half ".

Big repair job to do as I aint got £350 to pay the excess and claim on the insurance.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Yesterday was lovely and sunny but much more cloud today , next couple of weeks look very dry with HP dominating,but no heatwave unfortunately

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Spurry said:

Yesterday was lovely and sunny but much more cloud today , next couple of weeks look very dry with HP dominating,but no heatwave unfortunately

Might have some frontal rain later Sunday into Monday as we pull in a milder SW flow.. long way off, and frontal activity might be further north and west leaving just dull damp drizzly conditions. It is turning into a dry April, but nothing unusual, April can be bone dry.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not a terrible outlook it has to be said with not much rain. But I guess "could be warmer" is the one thing that's missing. Although regardless of the temperature I'm noticing the sun starting to warm part of the house up now because of the strengthening UV, so it saves a bit on the heating bill. Parts of the house facing south west now warm up in the afternoons when the sun is out.

• Like 2

Posted

A fine day, but rather more cloud than expected, sunny/bright spells, light winds, max up to 11 degrees, but still not feeling particularly spring like. Rest of the week brings the same, very decent, but sensing people are becoming impatient for something much warmer, alas it's still April.

Spring growth has been stunted past 2 weeks or so.. magnolia looks killed by the frost, and most trees still in bud only.. last year was an exceptional early spring, this year feels more normal. Bluebells in May rather than April.

• Like 2

Posted

Temperature dropped like a rock this evening once the sun went down, -1.3'c p/h is the current fall rate in Buxton. Chilly but clear, allowing some good views of the 2-day old Moon + Earthshine as it was setting.

02.thumb.JPG.27c8388d581bc0d880da47b1ce5ffbc5.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Temperature dropped like a rock this evening once the sun went down, -1.3'c p/h is the current fall rate in Buxton. Chilly but clear, allowing some good views of the 2-day old Moon + Earthshine as it was setting.

02.thumb.JPG.27c8388d581bc0d880da47b1ce5ffbc5.JPG

Lovely last night, the crescent moon was visible the previous night as well in the fading twilight

ChRaBZb.jpg4iDKZGx.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Wall to wall sunshine hardly a cloud in the sky... admittedly it could do with being a few degrees warmer, but I'll take this any day of the week, especially when it falls on my day off.  Looks predominantly dry for the foreseeable.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

What a beautiful day wall to wall sunshine and feeling pleasant in the sun winter is a distant memory now hopefully a decent summer on the cards.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, dodge said:

Wall to wall sunshine hardly a cloud in the sky... admittedly it could do with being a few degrees warmer, but I'll take this any day of the week, especially when it falls on my day off.  Looks predominantly dry for the foreseeable.

Spring seems to give us a lot of sun. No doubt in the heart of summer we'll be waking up to black overcast skies and 17C max's.

• Like 2

Posted

-2.7'c this morning and a high of 12.2'c this afternoon showing the diurnal temperature range in full effect, thankfully the skies haven't completely clouded-over today which meant getting a good view of AF1 TITAN25 (73-1677) over Stoke-on-Trent as it was heading back stateside.

2944.thumb.JPG.87261c0978729638663d20765be8ccf6.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Looking at the Met Office data (goes back to 1960) , the frostiest April was 1968 for the region.

If it hasn't surpassed it, this April must be up there amongst the frostiest.

And if the GFS is on the money the risk of frost is there at the month's end. Been a notably cold month by April standards. Hopefully May will be warmer, we need it now as we take the lockdown shackles off us. It'll give everyone a boost and not have to sit outside with an extra layer.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Looking at the Met Office data (goes back to 1960) , the frostiest April was 1968 for the region.

If it hasn't surpassed it, this April must be up there amongst the frostiest.

Night after night of air frost, and it goes on, another starry clear sky tonight and light winds, another air frost on the cards. Today has been lovely ideal conditions for doing anything outdoors. Clear skies in the main, wall to wall sunshine and light winds, but still a bit too chilly for my liking, temps just nudging up to 11 degrees. Still waiting to break into the barrier from winter to summer state.. can happen and often does in April, but May is the month that does it usually. This time last year we were seeing regular highs in the high teens, sometimes low 20's.. 

This looks like being a notably cold April, despite the predominant dry sunny outlook, at no stage in the forseeable do we draw in any warm uppers, and its slightly just a bit too early for homegrown heating from high pressure overhead given the orientation and lower upper air temps, give it a month and we'd be seeing temps climb much higher in the afternoon under such synoptics.

• Like 4

Posted

Nothing special with the ensembles for the rest of the month. Doesn't look like there's any warmth on the way. So the CET likely to finish a bit below average I think.

gfs-oldham-gb-535n-2w.thumb.jpeg.0c9fdb6d7208264fdab14c53b1daca05.jpeg

No great shakes temp wise

1490394145_gfs-oldham-gb-535n-2w(1).thumb.jpeg.a5e3dc07771e89491a918687f8409b59.jpeg

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Posted

Another lovely April day, dry and sunny but still a nagging chill in the air.. waiting for the first burst of warmth of the year, and nothing on the horizon.

• Like 2