Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

Cloudy chilly.... after having neighbour jet wash all day Thursday spent 8 hours gardening yesterday... fruit trees pruned and bases mulched and ash composted... pulled curtains back yesterday to have sparrow hawk devouring a pigeon in a cloud of feathers... today pull back curtain to have a couple of pheasant mooching about and woodpeckers on tree in back garden

spring has sprung 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Clouds starting to thin and the sun break through now.

Morning walk done so time for a bit of breakfast and then get some outside jobs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Wow, that was a game. Made us work for those points.

This day reminds me of the weather on the final day in 2012.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well that’s an afternoons power washing done so tomorrow is tidying up the conifers before the birds start nesting.

not a bad afternoon weather wise, pleasant enough in the sunshine although a bit chilly in the shade but spring is definitely in the air.

• Like 4

Posted

Better weekend than initially forecast, was originally forecast on Friday to cloud over Saturday from that decaying front with a rather cloudy Sunday but instead was pretty sunny yesterday and another sunny day coming up by the looks of it.. 

As a consequence, frosts have been sharper than forecast, currently -4.2C

• Like 6

Posted

Everything is white with frost again this morning but unlike yesterday, it’s a clear bright start so it shouldn’t  take long for the sun to get to work.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A colder night than expected last night with a minimum temperature of -0.7°C, the first air frost since the cold spell earlier in the month. Looks like we will get another one tonight.

Having some rather large diurnal ranges at the moment as is common at this time of year. Maximum was 15.0°C yesterday and 13.6°C the previous day. Noticing that it warms up much more rapidly here than in Crosby, one of the advantages of Moving inland. Might actually get April showers this year.

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely morning, early frost and sunny spells. Mist over the lake.

Quite cold at moment, just 4 degrees, indicative of the fact we are just about still in Feb and the sun doesnt quite have the punch in it still.

Outlook very reminiscent of 2016.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I've been thinking how I rate this Winter last few days. I rate this Winter 6/10 because its definately better than last year's, I had couple of weeks of cold weather and snow mostly light. Only seen 2-3 days of heavy snow lasted a few minutes here overall giving a slight covering. It could've been worse though.

• Like 4

Posted
29 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Lawnmowers buzzing around this afternoon, Spring must be here!  

Not quite lawnmower season up here yet but it’s certainly been a hedge trimmer and power washer day.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
58 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Lawnmowers buzzing around this afternoon, Spring must be here!  

Haha. We own the fields surrounding our house but our horses eat the grass so they keep it down to a cropped length but in our actual back garden part the grass hasn't grown much if at all since I last cut it in late October. I don't normally cut it until late March as that's when the ground dries up better with the strengthening sun plus the grass has often grown a bit by then. But it really depends how cold March is as well. I had to wait until the 2nd week of April to do the first cut after the cold March's of 2013 and 2018 as the frequent frost and snow put the growth season back a few weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Haha. We own the fields surrounding our house but our horses eat the grass so they keep it down to a cropped length but in our actual back garden part the grass hasn't grown much if at all since I last cut it in late October. I don't normally cut it until late March as that's when the ground dries up better with the strengthening sun plus the grass has often grown a bit by then. But it really depends how cold March is as well. I had to wait until the 2nd week of April to do the first cut after the cold March's of 2013 and 2018 as the frequent frost and snow put the growth season back a few weeks.

Similar here as well.

It’s usually right at the end of March or into April before my lawnmower gets its first outing of the year although the grass is often thickly matted if not long by then and takes some cutting.

It’s usually the hardest cut of the season.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Surprisingly cold here tonight after a mild, almost springlike afternoon. It definitely feels as though the seasons are turning but you never know - we still have a month of winter to go!

Posted
7 hours ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Surprisingly cold here tonight after a mild, almost springlike afternoon. It definitely feels as though the seasons are turning but you never know - we still have a month of winter to go!

All due to clear skies, sharp drop in temp once sun goes down. Air frost this morning, today looking glorious, but another air frost tonight.

A very dry week ahead, becoming cold at times under cloud, a reminder only early March. I'll take it over the rain, think back to last Tuesday and Wednesday which were abysmal, what a contrast!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

All due to clear skies, sharp drop in temp once sun goes down. Air frost this morning, today looking glorious, but another air frost tonight.

A very dry week ahead, becoming cold at times under cloud, a reminder only early March. I'll take it over the rain, think back to last Tuesday and Wednesday which were abysmal, what a contrast!

A sunny start but - right on cue - forecast cloud has just arrived and it sounds as though it may be sticking around for a while. Not sure what effect this will have on temperatures, particularly overnight (this morning was frosty again), but I would rather have the sun out any day.

Posted

A lot of forecasts i've seen for this morning have been going for wall-to-wall sunshine, it was deceptively clear skies and looking like another glorious day like yesterday however the North Sea fog and murk has now rolled in with overcast sky and limited visibility. Only MWIS Peak District forecast this (fog banks up to 500m so clear skies if you're on Kinder or Bleaklow) and it's a good job I took a look as I was about to set off for the lower moor of Combs Moss earlier on.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE
  • Like 1

Posted

Just got back from a school letter delivering journey. I noted that to my East and South, a layer of cloud was visible which was breaking up on my side leaving wall to wall sunshine.

Posted

A 400m just gone over

Screenshot_20210301-124551_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Lake District place to be today, sheltered from the cloud and mist. Blue skies and sunshine, light winds. Temos expected to climb towards 11 degrees. There was a sharp frost this morning, tonight may see a bit more cloud so not likely to be quite as cold, but still close to freezing. Looking ahead to the rest of the week, we look like being best placed to be. Spring is our dry season, often can be the best place until the westerlies return!

Happy dry season!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3