Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Its not out of the realms of possibility that we will swing to very dry. Hopefully warm with it, so I can treat the rust on my car.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 22/02/2021 at 15:16, cheshire snow said:

Are you still going for a cold spell in March?

C.S

Well this is along the lines of what I was thinking

image.thumb.png.96a1b1f36481a76bc1eb2ecb8d759f4f.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A very mild couple of days we've had here. We managed to miss the bulk of the rain. A much nicer start to the day today, mostly sunny, but slightly cooler. Looks like overnight frosts returning over the next few days.

• Like 1

Posted

A decent start to the day although its not a drying washing on the line day yet. Very damp and hundreds of raindrops on said washing line.

Posted

Utter squelch out there and the brooks are roaring noisily.  "Only" 9.3 mm rain in the gauge for previous 24hrs.  Expected more from yesterday's misery.   The last 2 days wet "episode" gave us 40.8mm. 

Total for Feb so far is 132.5 mm.  (50yr average for Feb is 107.3 mm) 

Posted
6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Expecting this.  We've two of our family with mid March birthdays.  Routinely have wintry cold and snow then, if only briefly.  (not last year though)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wow. Spring is well and truly in the air and man, is it welcome. More and more restrictions will ease as the weather gets warmer. 

The sun has some real strength in it now. Overlooking the bare trees, you’d be forgiven for assuming it was summer today if you’d looked from behind the glass. 

still a bit chilly out, we hit a max of around 10.5C. The other day was the best, it was about 14C with sunshine and that wet my appetite for what I’m hoping is about to be a long, hot and dry spring and summer period. 

tomorrow should feel even nicer with slacker winds and a max of around 13C. 

really hoping winter has no sting in its tail this year, I really just want to move forward now and look forward to my holidays and plenty of long, sunny days. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

It was far chillier, and a stronger wind than I expected when out on the bicycle.......looks to be better tomorrow, with less wind. Otherwise, nice & bright...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
11 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Gavs latest video for 2nd week of march certainly looks like the chart you posted maybe winter going out on a cold and snowy note wi shall see.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Backtrack said:

Wow. Spring is well and truly in the air and man, is it welcome. More and more restrictions will ease as the weather gets warmer. 

The sun has some real strength in it now. Overlooking the bare trees, you’d be forgiven for assuming it was summer today if you’d looked from behind the glass. 

still a bit chilly out, we hit a max of around 10.5C. The other day was the best, it was about 14C with sunshine and that wet my appetite for what I’m hoping is about to be a long, hot and dry spring and summer period. 

tomorrow should feel even nicer with slacker winds and a max of around 13C. 

really hoping winter has no sting in its tail this year, I really just want to move forward now and look forward to my holidays and plenty of long, sunny days. 

Mmm late cold spellscant be ruled out I'm afraid. March and more so April are so fickle and northerly and easterly airstreams far more likely in Spring than rest of the year I'm afraid!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

What a gorgeous Spring day today was!  ☀️ It’s amazing at how a bit of sunshine can lift the mood so much this time of year and after a long winter in so many ways   ❄️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
17 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Mmm late cold spellscant be ruled out I'm afraid. March and more so April are so fickle and northerly and easterly airstreams far more likely in Spring than rest of the year I'm afraid!

True! But after this letdown of a winter, I'm ready to just move past it and hit the beach!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Woke up to a decent frost first thing this morning, Some signs of it turning colder by day from next weekend as well, some cross model support with this. Even though it'll be Spring Winter probably isn't done with us yet. Often the case in March anyway, rarely is it a warm month. There's a definite "lag effect" with our seasons. March might be meteorological Spring but it's rarely properly Spring like until April as that's when the leaves come on most trees too. The same with June, even though the days are long and the sun is at it's strongest it's rarely the warmest summer month. Usually it's mid July to mid August which is the warmest time of year despite the sun starting to weaken a bit. And December despite having the weakest sun is not the coldest Winter month, it's mid January to mid February which is often the coldest time of year. Again that lag effect showing it's hand.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Woke up to a decent frost first thing this morning, Some signs of it turning colder by day from next weekend as well, some cross model support with this. Even though it'll be Spring Winter probably isn't done with us yet. Often the case in March anyway, rarely is it a warm month. There's a definite "lag effect" with our seasons. March might be meteorological Spring but it's rarely properly Spring like until April as that's when the leaves come on most trees too. The same with June, even though the days are long and the sun is at it's strongest it's rarely the warmest summer month. Usually it's mid July to mid August which is the warmest time of year despite the sun starting to weaken a bit. And December despite having the weakest sun is not the coldest Winter month, it's mid January to mid February which is often the coldest time of year. Again that lag effect showing it's hand.

Yes strong lag effects start of each new meteorological seasonmonth, first half of each usually a hang over from previous season weather wise at least, but there is a change in feeling, psychologically you feel the new season upon you, even if the weather doesn't.  March is still a wintry month in the northern countryside. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 11/02/2021 at 17:41, CreweCold said:

Our best chance will come from Greenland blocking around early March IMO. March 2006 NW'ly gave us a few cm.

Getting there

• Like 1

Posted

All this talk of a cold spell, I had this for tea and encounteted record breaking heat in February 

20210226_213019.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of frost on the cars and rooftops this morning but wall to wall cloud though rather than clear skies.

At least it’s dry though and it looks like that’s the pattern for the weekend and much of next week so finally some usable weather for the build up of outside jobs.

Posted

That list of jobs and unlisted ones in all areas, that's why I've not posted much 

Anyway, another frosty morning but looks decent.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

Blue sky after a frosty,misty morning

Still cloud and murk up here but nothing unusual about that, especially at this time of year.