Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
9 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Turned very dark here followed by a monsoon downpour, more like April than February! 

It’s rattling through Sandbach now. Very April showers like day today. Imagining if it had been snow  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
32 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Were is the laughing emoji

C.S

FB_IMG_1613478812994.jpg

C0Ck all here at the moment.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Sure it was forecast to be cloud/sun yet its absolutely bissing it down, never get unforecast snow though do we.

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

It’s rattling through Sandbach now. Very April showers like day today. Imagining if it had been snow  

Just walked home from a dental check-up in an absolute downpour, every step I took I wished it was snow.

• Like 3

Posted

Standard heavyish rain, nothing to get excited about.

Posted
8 hours ago, trickydicky said:

One thing I always enjoy, whether it’s during a summer dry spell like we’ve had a few of recently or during a cold frosty period like last week, is the novelty of dryness. I can’t speak for everywhere in the North West but probably 80% of the time everywhere in Cumbria is at best damp, if not soggy, and venturing off a made surface involves mud. I enjoyed the ground being rock hard last week and not needing wellies or walking boots to step off the concrete. If you add in the snowy hills and the blue skies then you can see why I prefer last weeks weather, regardless of the cutting easterly wind, to this claustrophobic, stuffy, soggy dankness that we are back in now. I’ll never understand people who say they prefer it when it’s like this. If it was 10c and sunny then fair enough but mild in this country generally means grey and wet. Plus even though it was cold last week it was England cold, so not really that cold. You’re quite a delicate being if you can’t cope with it. 

For Cumbria a SW airstream brings low cloud and dankness especially in southern and central parts all year round and uniform temps. It is miserable and uninspiring. I despair when one sets in as this week, barely a chink of sunshine likely. I hibernate from the forum all last February on account of a month of conditions as we are seeing this week, just wetter. Thankfully we've been spared such conditions majority of the winter, we had alot of it in November. 

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, C11ady said:

Hoping we see this again in March....

EFE35C2B-C8AB-4B5C-A742-64B713728FF4.jpeg

I know vehicle theft is on the increase around these parts. Has somebody taken your tractor?

• Like 2

Posted

Mmmm not much to talk about is there.. no struggling to make comment, one of those periods for grinning and bearing, thankfully this winter, not one that dominates the whole season!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

I know vehicle theft is on the increase around these parts. Has somebody taken your tractor?

Police might want to look in the Highlands for the thief, going by the amount of snow. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Mmmm not much to talk about is there.. no struggling to make comment, one of those periods for grinning and bearing, thankfully this winter, not one that dominates the whole season!

I agree, last winter seemed endless of non descript grey mild, damp days.  I think this thread has been pretty lively since xmas.  Fair enough, expectations have been higher than anyones accumulated snow depth, but the posts, photos and knowledgeable in-put from members has kept me entertained for the passed few weeks.  If we are not going to get a last cold, snowy hurrah then hopefully the warm up will bring with it lots of convective activity.

• Like 6

Posted

This year of all years, I think we need to hope for mild, even warm, sunny days to lift the spirits. More of last April and May would do very nicely thank you. I have tried to 'like' as many of the snow/ice photos on this thread as I can, but I would like even more some more mornings like today - sunny, blue skies and quite mild, with any rain confined to the overnight periods.  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Personally I’m hoping for a wet spring for once so that this fire season isn’t as bad. If it’s dry and warm with lockdown making the outdoors even busier it’s gonna be a busy season!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
28 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

This year of all years, I think we need to hope for mild, even warm, sunny days to lift the spirits. More of last April and May would do very nicely thank you. I have tried to 'like' as many of the snow/ice photos on this thread as I can, but I would like even more some more mornings like today - sunny, blue skies and quite mild, with any rain confined to the overnight periods. 

Whilst my personal preference is for cold weather at this time of year, I am in wholehearted agreement with you in wishing rain be restricted to overnight periods. This morning was good for getting out and about. Unfortunately, a complete contrast likely tomorrow morning. Life would be boring if everyone liked the same things and variety in opinions is what keeps forums like this ticking over.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Why is the BBC website showing sleet tomorrow  &10c 

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for Wigan.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well no snow in the immediate forecast for us but how I would want to experience this.

There is a mini bus in there just.

C.S

facebook_1613603187673_6767942304471766550.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
10 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Well no snow in the immediate forecast for us but how I would want to experience this.

There is a mini bus in there just.

C.S

facebook_1613603187673_6767942304471766550.jpg

Any idea where that it?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Any idea where that it?

Cortina in Italy.

C.S

And we get a warning for 2-5cm

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Another one this time Istanbul seems everywhere but the UK getting lots of snow its got me thinking a few members in here go storm chasing in summer anyone fancy a snow chase next year covid permitting?

C.S

facebook_1613643992118_6768113450718836565.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
2 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Another one this time Istanbul seems everywhere but the UK getting lots of snow its got me thinking a few members in here go storm chasing in summer anyone fancy a snow chase next year covid permitting?

C.S

facebook_1613643992118_6768113450718836565.jpg

Sounds good!  ❄️ Looking at what’s been happening and the brutal cold in the USA and across Europe the past few weeks the UK has definitely pulled the short straw or dodged a bullet when it’s come to cold & snow depending on your opinion we were so close to an historic spell like January 1987/ February 1991. Cold early February’s in recent years have often given us a side swipe of cold and have gone out with a whimper though - Feb 2009 and Feb 2012 for example. It’ll be nice to get one last wintry blast in March but past mid- late March thoughts for me at least definitely turn to spring  and come April the first spring day reaching 20c. 

• Like 3

Posted

The Beeb had this down as the coldest day of the week, and so it has proved here in South Cheshire, with a blustery wind making it feel colder than it probably was. Pouring rain for a short while at 7.30am (a classic front moving through perhaps?) clearing to blue skies this morning, and cloud and a few spots of rain in the air this afternoon.  

Posted
3 hours ago, Joe Snow said:

Sounds good!  ❄️ Looking at what’s been happening and the brutal cold in the USA and across Europe the past few weeks the UK has definitely pulled the short straw or dodged a bullet when it’s come to cold & snow depending on your opinion we were so close to an historic spell like January 1987/ February 1991. Cold early February’s in recent years have often given us a side swipe of cold and have gone out with a whimper though - Feb 2009 and Feb 2012 for example. It’ll be nice to get one last wintry blast in March but past mid- late March thoughts for me at least definitely turn to spring  and come April the first spring day reaching 20c. 

A record 72% of the lower USA is currently snow-covered. (Records are only 18 years old).

bloombergquint%2F2018-08%2F3a8e2237-2edb
WWW.BLOOMBERGQUINT.COM

U.S. Snow Cover Reaches Record High Across Lower 48 States

• Like 1