Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Reluctant to call a end to winter but it's starting to look that way.. Output across most models is dire today.. Some mention march but I don't have much hope for that.. Usually we get a slushy mess here.. 2013 being a good example.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Been out shopping. It’s Baltic out. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
WWW.MSN.COM

A woman is filmed pushing a huge eight-wheeled lorry up an icy slope in Fife, Scotland.

Was she really.

More likely hanging on to help her up the hill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
8 hours ago, Snow free zone said:

Time to dust off the deckchairs .

Our boiler has already decided its had enough, second day running I've had to defrost the thing, and it's one of those new fangled condensing boilers, the ones that never freeze up. Going to move the outlet pipe as its exposed to the E wind, that's where the problem is. 

Lag it if possible.  Some sink u traps now have additional tapered pipe inlets so the pipe doesn’t have to go outside. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just thinking how quickly we aclimatise and adapt to cold and heat.. after a few days with maxima consistently below 2 degrees, and mins around -4 degrees, I'm thinking its not that cold. Perhaps because it is a dry continental cold and not a damp cold, many a day with maxima 7 degrees feels colder. There was a significant wind chill today as well, either that or my coat is working well..

Summer heat is the same a few days mid-high 20s and you adapt to it quickly.

Next week's mild weather will be a damp mild and I doubt it will feel particularly mild here despite coming on the back of the recent cold.

The recent cold spell has failed to deliver an Ice Day so far, but I think tomorrow could well do it, thanks to high level cloud moving in trapping the low layer of surface cold, temps at 8am expected to be about -4 degrees. It is currently -1.8 degrees. Tomorrow night will see temps 0 degrees.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3

Posted

The Isle of Man has an amber warning for snow for tomorrow

WRF has snow arriving in the afternoon. Not that it matters to us

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Quite frankly brutal out there in that wind. Not felt it so cold in a long time. Everything frozen solid because of the penetrating frost.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Can’t sleep who’s awake

Me. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Quite frankly brutal out there in that wind. Not felt it so cold in a long time. Everything frozen solid because of the penetrating frost.

Permafrost will cause that freezing rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Just thinking how quickly we aclimatise and adapt to cold and heat.. after a few days with maxima consistently below 2 degrees, and mins around -4 degrees, I'm thinking its not that cold. Perhaps because it is a dry continental cold and not a damp cold, many a day with maxima 7 degrees feels colder. There was a significant wind chill today as well, either that or my coat is working well..

Summer heat is the same a few days mid-high 20s and you adapt to it quickly.

Next week's mild weather will be a damp mild and I doubt it will feel particularly mild here despite coming on the back of the recent cold.

The recent cold spell has failed to deliver an Ice Day so far, but I think tomorrow could well do it, thanks to high level cloud moving in trapping the low layer of surface cold, temps at 8am expected to be about -4 degrees. It is currently -1.8 degrees. Tomorrow night will see temps 0 degrees.

I've actually felt colder and colder each day I've been out this week, but I suspect this is increasing wind chill thrown into the mix. It's certainly been very cold all week though, I've been wearing two fleeces out much of this week, which I only normally need to do when out walking in the mountains in winter.

• Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

It’s like no snow no go

Itsnowjoke, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

-3c here too brrrrrrrr

But some football tonight nevertheless -- Preston NE beat Backburn. 

• Like 3

Posted

Might avoid the 'Ireland' thread today...nothing worse than being confronted with 'here's what you could have won' when your only a 1hr flight away.  Here's hoping Isle of Man can grab a bit of snowy action because I doubt even a flake of snizzle will survive it's journey here.

In the meantime a slap-in-your-face freezing cold wind day, to remind us everything is just right apart from the precipitation being here.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I don’t know whether it’s the direction it’s coming from but the wind has been howling around the house all night, certainly the loudest I’ve heard it during this cold spell.

A quick coffee and then time to get well wrapped up and get out for my morning walk and see what’s left of the snow before it probably all goes tomorrow.

Edited by iand61
Spelling
  • Like 5

Posted

I wonder if Merseyside might catch a few flakes today? 

That band isn’t far away. It’s ahead of schedule as the IOM Met office have brought forward their amber warning. 

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

I wonder if Merseyside might catch a few flakes today? 

That band isn’t far away. It’s ahead of schedule as the IOM Met office have brought forward their amber warning. 

Forecast for a bit of snow. Won't hang around long if we get any here, but planned walk for the family from 2pm. ?

20210213_082731.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Well certainly a day for wrapping up well if venturing outside today. Looks like a chance to catch a few flakes of snow this afternoon. The last day to make the most of the weather before the Atlantic comes crashing back in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Brutally cold out there today, a quick look at the radar shows what we could have won
I think Merseyside might scrape a few flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It’s definitely ahead of schedule and seems heavier than expected. Almost up to Llandudno. The question is will it just be virga again i.e. sublimate before it reaches the ground. Let’s see. Liverpool and Manchester Airport have increased the probability to 40% of light snow today anyway so that’s good.

• Like 3