Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
Just now, raul_sbd said:

Same here in Sale dry

So so annoying. This last shower looked really good as well. I’ve been so badly placed in this spell. Wilmslow and south of the M60 far better placed. I think a direct easterly (rather than ENE)  is better for here. 

Posted
1 minute ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

image.thumb.png.ec0a87c1f8fdfa4482b6c80596cfdd77.pngwhat a joke 

Not just you. Look how close I came to getting a proper heavy shower. Wilmslow again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Im pleased i managed to make a few good memories playing and sledging in the snow when i was a kid because kids nowadays are screwed for snowy memories around here, feel sorry for them, some of the best memories ever.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I
  • Like 1

Posted

Yep.. were all doing just as badly, is there anyone on here that has actually done good from this spell, surely it can't have missed everyone- now that would be some suspicious  shizz ?

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Yep.. were all doing just as badly, is there anyone on here that has actually done good from this spell, surely it can't have missed everyone- now that would be some suspicious  shizz ?

Aliens??

Posted

Some dramatic looking wintry showers in last hour or so, but not prolonged & frequent enough to cause any alarms on the roads.  Temps barely got above freezing today and already -2...could be our coldest night of the winter overnight.  Thankfully unlike a moisture laden north westerly, the snow & air from this easterly is very dry so not much defrosting & scraping of the car in the morning even with well below temps.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

North Cheshire seems to have been quite well placed.

• Like 1

Posted

It's been disappointing here in Saddleworth but we have had some nice heavy dustings. Another one just 30 mins ago putting down a cm or 2. Perfectly timed as it's now frozen solid outside!

I'm planning to get up on the tops for sunrise tomorrow so hoping to get some nice photos.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, with the complete lack of snow I guess the competition is a bust.  Everyone did worse than expected and most people have 0cm lying snow. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Well, with the complete lack of snow I guess the competition is a bust.  Everyone did worse than expected and most people have 0cm lying snow. 

Exactly what I expected Spah1, more sunshine though which is good thing

Posted

Managed to get a photo of the boys in the snow. Not as much snow as I'd hoped for but pretty non the less. 

20210210_163023.jpg

20210210_162948.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
47 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Saturday looks brutal

Look at those dewpoints, a -17C dewpoint?! 

image.thumb.png.a305220dae2224bef0e55be61752c452.png

If the temperatures are realtively high in comparison, the air will be incredibly dry.

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

My area not done too bad at all, fair enough I can't claim any snow depths above 1cm, but since Monday evening there has been lying snow everyday, and the patches that have melted in direct sunlight during the day have been filled in with snow showers during the evenings and nights.  Seems like Buxton (no surprise)  and I think the Glossop area have faired better than most, correct me if I'm wrong.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
18 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

North Cheshire seems to have been quite well placed.

I am in the minority here I think its been a good spell ok no good snow depth apart from higher ground but a few slight coverings lets face it it could have been a mild Atlantic fiasco another snow shower has just gone over the airport totally unexpected another few cold days to come.

C.S

• Like 5

Posted

Raging blizzard incoming! Bound to get a the single flake in my eye taking the dog out

Screenshot_20210210-181723.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Beano said:

Raging blizzard incoming! Bound to get a the single flake in my eye taking the dog out

Screenshot_20210210-181723.png

It did a poor impression of a raging blizzard when it passed over the Rossendale Valley while I was driving home from work.

Was pretty heavy and gave a slight covering on the pavements and cars but passed through far to quickly.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, iand61 said:

It did a poor impression of a raging blizzard when it passed over the Rossendale Valley while I was driving home from work.

Was pretty heavy and gave a slight covering on the pavements and cars but passed through far to quickly.

And that was over you too mate!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

Soon as hits the M6 it dies

Good example of what happens after they leave higher ground wasn't it, especially now the wind has gone

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

I am in the minority here I think its been a good spell ok no good snow depth apart from higher ground but a few slight coverings lets face it it could have been a mild Atlantic fiasco another snow shower has just gone over the airport totally unexpected another few cold days to come.

C.S

You remind me of me. Glass half full type of bloke.

Living where we live we should be very happy with this winter. I wouldn’t say it has been a “classic” but it has been cold and I’ve lost count of the number of days it has snowed. Numerous little coverings. Many at 4-5cm and Storm Christoph (or should it be storm Chris) slightly more.

Before anyone jumps at me I’m talking about south Manchester. I also have low expectations and easily pleased which for snow round here is the best way to be, trust me. 

It we get a 10cm fall here before winter is out, and it lasts more than a few days, I’m calling this a classic winter for here.

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 5