Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Streamer building nicely. Just had another moderate shower. 

Posted

Its flipping cold out there in the wind today, I managed to last a total of about 25 minutes having a walk around the field before it got too cold and I made my way back home for a warm cuppa. Easily -12'c facing Eastwards with a consistent gale and light snow-pellets hitting my face whilst feeling like sharp needles, its certainly not a day to be out on the higher moors unprepared for it.

2752.thumb.jpg.4c96397887cfc0318a86c8d91517bf06.jpg2753.thumb.jpg.f2a8de943b19465ffde3e85cd3e65a28.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Complete bust here in W Manchester but completely expected.

It is why I never get excited about Easterlies  for the NW as we need embedded troughs in strong flow to benefit which are as rare as hens teeth.

The real kick in the teeth is that we very likely won't get any snow from attempted breakdowns from the West, just a slow mixing out of the cold uppers and remaining cold at the surface until rain finally moves in.

Maybe I shouldn't have got out of bed today 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
7 minutes ago, snowdrifter said:

Surely...

IMG_20210208_153743.jpg

Got to be!  lol  its given Preston a swerve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
7 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

What’s the opposite of a convergence?

That’s the route of the two streamersimage.thumb.png.7f5add41a4a9ed6e9b35214e2b4f1a43.png

Divergance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just had a nice little snow shower. Still small flakes falling

Posted
1 minute ago, Mucka said:

Complete bust here in W Manchester but completely expected.

It is why I never get excited about Easterlies  for the NW as we need embedded troughs in strong flow to benefit which are as rare as hens teeth.

The real kick in the teeth is that we very likely won't get any snow from attempted breakdowns from the West, just a slow mixing out of the cold uppers and remaining cold at the surface until rain finally moves in.

Maybe I shouldn't have got out of bed today 

Even here it’s been a very poor showing after tonight it’s gonna be dry but bone chillingly cold -10 Wednesday night

I am surprised at how poor the shower activity has been just to sporadic.

and yeah there will be no breakdown for us

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Well its 0ºC here now currently; I made the stupid decision to try and train in the garage whilst I've still got sinusitis and I've had such an immense nose bleed I've covered myself, the garage floor, the freezer, my bench and the driveway with blood

I think a few more days off training might be a good idea

Back on track; can see grey clouds looming in the distance and heading this way; that wind is still spritely! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Dan B said:

Well its 0ºC here now currently; I made the stupid decision to try and train in the garage whilst I've still got sinusitis and I've had such an immense nose bleed I've covered myself, the garage floor, the freezer, my bench and the driveway with blood

I think a few more days off training might be a good idea

Back on track; can see grey clouds looming in the distance and heading this way; that wind is still spritely! 

Give the neighbours something to talk about 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

For those south of the region I might be wrong but there looks to be a streamer of sorts developing N of Sheffield east towards Hull moving westwards. Peak District/ North/mid Cheshire/ Greater Manchester East and South of the city might be in for a few more showers if it sets up shop and maintains intensity. There’s some beefy looking ones in a line around Scunthorpe currently. It’s going to be a radar watch kind of evening ❄️ 

• Like 1

Posted

Showers have just not been heavy and persistent enough today.  It's certainly had a wintry feel with bitter wind chill and falling light snow but it's only stuck to grassy areas nothing on the roads.  Not sure the script is going to change drastically until the next phase of wintry weather.  Oh well at least it's not raging mild south westerlies with copious amounts of rain.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Everything seems to be passing north and south of Mcr at the moment.. oh dear dear..

Yep.. currently a nice juicy streamer right above me ?‍♂️

Posted
Just now, dodge said:

Showers have just not been heavy and persistent enough today.  It's certainly had a wintry feel with bitter wind chill and falling light snow but it's only stuck to grassy areas nothing on the roads.  Not sure the script is going to change drastically until the next phase of wintry weather.  Oh well at least it's not raging mild south westerlies with copious amounts of rain.

At least the wind will dry the land out

Posted
3 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

For those south of the region I might be wrong but there looks to be a streamer of sorts developing N of Sheffield east towards Hull moving westwards. Peak District/ North/mid Cheshire/ Greater Manchester East and South of the city might be in for a few more showers if it sets up shop and maintains intensity. There’s some beefy looking ones in a line around Scunthorpe currently. It’s going to be a radar watch kind of evening ❄️ 

I think there is slow drift southwards with these "streamers", they were to the north of Scunthorpe about an hour ago. Its hard to tell because its individual cells

• Like 1

Posted

Our best shot for a decent event is Saturday.. but even then , if we do get a covering , it will be washed away shortly after. but ill take that over nothing.