Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another snow shower, still light but slightly heavier than the last one. 2.2°C.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Just had a look at the latest GFS run WTF!!!!

gfsnh-1-354.thumb.png.b71c75bc406ebbbe30818f1a9d8ba71d.png

@Miamay I think we'd be able to have modern day pictures of ice floes in the Mersey!

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

Looks as though that band over Kent is finally on the retreat which should open up the North Sea for business as the afternoon progresses. 

They are under the warning until tomorrow morning. I’ll be surprised if it’s retreating already. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
9 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

Looks as though that band over Kent is finally on the retreat which should open up the North Sea for business as the afternoon progresses. 

Just dipped in the SE thread, general mood is it's a let down although think Kent and around Colchester have done quite well. Pretty much in line with the Mets amber warning. Seems just not heavy enough in most places and surfaces sodden....sounds like home!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Latest fax for tomorrow. Trough/convergence zone still in roughly the same place. However, Euro 4 indicates potential for multiple streamers.

image.thumb.png.3a07ed9ad4fe6b0fc13ce69dafa8bbc6.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Latest fax for tomorrow. Trough/convergence zone still in roughly the same place. However, Euro 4 indicates potential for multiple streamers.

Looks slightly further south if anything

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
12 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Just had a look at the latest GFS run WTF!!!!

gfsnh-1-354.thumb.png.b71c75bc406ebbbe30818f1a9d8ba71d.png

@Miamay I think we'd be able to have modern day pictures of ice floes in the Mersey!

I have to say we probably would. Continental Europe would have a polar bear fest whilst here it would overall surpass 2010 quite easily in this local area.

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Hopefully that is one of many.

If little flurries are making it to here, then when the wind strengthens further tonight and the showers pep up then I'd be shocked not to at least see a covering this far west by Wed.

Just now.

1725518650_Screenshot_2021-02-07WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadarNetweather.thumb.png.1eb02eed214e45695998afc3a4bb8c2c.png

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Is it me or has the CZ dipped a little further south?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Is it me or has the CZ dipped a little further south?

Definitely trending South ☹️

• Like 1

Posted

I posted the link to 06z EURO4 earlier - the streamer goes into the North Midlands instead. GEM shows southerly corrections too. 

But lots and lots of uncertainty and there still could be general showers. Other models slightly better for us, including the Arpege I think. 

Basically it’s time to bin the high-res and watch the radar instead. 

• Like 6

Posted
22 minutes ago, Beano said:

Just dipped in the SE thread, general mood is it's a let down although think Kent and around Colchester have done quite well. Pretty much in line with the Mets amber warning. Seems just not heavy enough in most places and surfaces sodden....sounds like home!

I was speaking to a friend in Kent this morning. They had had heavy overnight snow which had settled but had stopped by 11am. Still very grey here but just a few flakes in the air at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Joe Bloggs said:

I posted the link to 06z EURO4 earlier - the streamer goes into the North Midlands instead. GEM shows southerly corrections too. 

But lots and lots of uncertainty and there still could be general showers. Other models slightly better for us, including the Arpege I think. 

Basically it’s time to bin the high-res and watch the radar instead. 

I know this is different but ALL models predicted the northern extent of the last two snowfalls wrong, so surely convergence zones are even more difficult to model, it wouldn't take much of a correction north really.

It wouldn't surprise me if a trough feature crops up anyway once showers band together crossing the north sea.

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

The showers just aint making it here, are the showers forecast tonight when the winds pick up?

Nothing of note was predicted for today in the NW, not even flurries, which bodes well for when shower activity does pep up tomorrow

• Like 7

Posted

The convection is very lacklustre so far. Come on North Sea I thought you were supposed to be the snow machine heh. 

Posted

HARMONIE via Met.ie

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
8 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

What temps are we expecting in the day Monda/Tuesday onwards? Not sure which sites are the most accurate? I would love ice days so every flake that falls sticks and blows about.

For Sandbach I've used Xc weather that tends to be the most accurate in terms of temp locally more so than BBC and the MO. I'm hovering around 1c max throughout much of the week with the risk of ice days increasing as the week goes on particularly if we get snow cover to lower overnight temps so with your height ice days definitely likely particularly mid week onwards. Dew points are low too so any snow will be the powdery type that sticks around and ices over. Fingers crossed you get a good covering of snow too - Stoke/ North Staffs looking well placed. Hoping S Cheshire can get in on the act tonight into tomorrow/Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Well today has been better than I was expecting this far West at this stage. Flurries on and off for the past couple of hours or so, with some moderate in intensity. The recent one started to put a dusting down at the peak, which melted soon after. Very encouraging signs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Seems to be a few prams losing toys in the SE thread at the moment.

for Christ sake it’s a good job they don’t live in this region where even a threat of nothing is usually downgraded.

meanwhile my persistent fall of snow continues, it’s the white frozen version of the type of rain that wouldn’t even stop the cricket but it’s better than nowt.

• Like 4