Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
4 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Yeah me to, Im not a native although lived here of 20 years.    Loads going for it.   

If you go there at the right time of night a tanked up complete stranger will threaten to kick your head in for a reason I'm still clueless too, a truly delightful place.... 

Nah, in all seriousness that's happened all of once in the times I've been there - the town centre's well developed and got plenty of amenities that over places in the north west don't have in quite such an abundance.  House prices are pretty decent, and there's some amazing park spaces in the town centre to get away from it all, I can imagine it being a lovely place to live with a good balance of towny stuff that's useless and decent escapist green spaces.... if it wasn't for the snowshield  

Edited by Frosty the Snowman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Keeping an eye on this development as that is what some of the models are starting to pick up moving in for Mon & Tues.

Inked138139408.thumb.gif.e6436dad8cd0a6a0420537cee839097a.gif1916059026_Screenshot_2021-02-04Whatdoesthisforecastmean.thumb.png.27cc565cbeb8c7e7230ec99cc4768292.png

• Like 9

Posted
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Keeping an eye on this development as that is what some of the models are starting to pick up moving in for Mon & Tues.

Inked138139408.thumb.gif.e6436dad8cd0a6a0420537cee839097a.gif1916059026_Screenshot_2021-02-04Whatdoesthisforecastmean.thumb.png.27cc565cbeb8c7e7230ec99cc4768292.png

A number of the models are picking up on Humber/M62 streamers now. Definitely a possibility. 

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

If you go there at the right time of night a tanked up complete stranger will threaten to kick your head in for a reason I'm still clueless too, a truly delightful place.... 

Nah, in all seriousness that's happened all of once in the times I've been there - the town centre's well developed and got plenty of amenities that over places in the north west don't have in quite such an abundance.  House prices are pretty decent, and there's some amazing park spaces in the town centre to get away from it all, I can imagine it being a lovely place to live with a good balance of towny stuff that's useless and decent escapist green spaces.... if it wasn't for the snowshield  

That the key for me, your last para, the green spaces and the proximity some great countryside.   

Posted
2 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

A number of the models are picking up on Humber/M62 streamers now. Definitely a possibility. 

Yes, and can quite easily make across to parts of North Wales.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Frosty the Snowman said:

To be fair we've got a similar deal going on here, so it's all good  

Absolutely Blackburn often appears on the rubbish places to live listand the town centre is (or was) a bit crap, but anywhere that close to some great countryside cant be a bad place to live, same goes for Middlesbrough, if you think thats a crap place you really cant like the great outdoors. 

40 minutes ago, chris78 said:

That is what you are inferring, it is not what people are saying.   Christ mate its a weather forum, the models are showing snow, and you are making out we cant be interested.   Plus if I get a 2cm of snow (I wont)  or if someone in Blackburn gets 8cm (they might)  Why should either of us give a lemon that someone else has 2 foot.    That is a very mean spirited way to look at it.    If I win a million on the lottery should I not be happy because someone else won 10? 

It's not what has been inferred at all, in the same way that it's not been made out the people can't be interested.

It has been regularly posted to ignore the precipitation and snow depth charts. Of course showers are parameterised in NWP output, and it isn't always precise, but equally they won't be a million miles out, that's just wishful thinking, unless some trough or other feature etc. materialised.

Think your analogy was wrong, you're winning the tenner 

Posted
25 minutes ago, Gypo said:

I very much doubt cheshire will see any snow during this easterly spell 

Come onto the Midlands thread mate, being on the North Staffs / South Cheshire border I need your support. . I've got them in the South of the Midlands celebrating, whilst we get nowt because we are too far North West and I've now got some in the North West celebrating potential streamers, troughs, whilst we are too far South East .

We need a South Cheshire / North Staffs region on here

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Interitus said:

It's not what has been inferred at all, in the same way that it's not been made out the people can't be interested.

It has been regularly posted to ignore the precipitation and snow depth charts. Of course showers are parameterised in NWP output, and it isn't always precise, but equally they won't be a million miles out, that's just wishful thinking, unless some trough or other feature etc. materialised.

Think your analogy was wrong, you're winning the tenner 

Well either you inferred it or you will be able to quote a post or posts that say the region will do as well as other regions? 

Posted
49 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Well not much to say is there fully agree with @CreweCold no matter what you post either negative or positive there is always someone to shoot you down been on this forum for 11 years now and mostly been a good experience and made alot of friends @Day 10 will send you a PM but maybe I'm getting a bit to old for all this squabbling and should spend some time away from this forum.Will stay in touch with the genuine friends I have made in here but for now my time in here is over and no before anyone responds with you will be back when it snows erm no I won't.

Stay safe guys hope this virus does one soon and I hope you get all the snow you deserve.

@Interitus never mentioned anything about snow amounts had a go at the game @Spah1 set up for some fun and my post was a genuine outline of what I could expect in my local area over the next seven days.

Always shot down if you are positive Always shot down if you are negative.

Whats the point?..........

Goodbye

C.S

This is a shame to read. Its people like @cheshire snow that kept my interest in this forum going over the years. I could suggest it may be time to utilise the ignore function but each to there own, if you do decide to call it a day, all the best pal

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Interitus said:

Id have to check my records but on the slopes of the Pennines we had already got a covering of snow at that point from showery snow. You do seem to want to argue rather a lot, are you OK?

Just now, Wardlegacy said:

Id have to check my records but on the slopes of the Pennines we had already got a covering of snow at that point from showery snow. You do seem to want to argue rather a lot, are you OK?

It's a discussion forum, disagreement should be permitted (unless in the MOD thread, obvs.)

Posted
Just now, Interitus said:

It's a discussion forum, disagreement should be permitted (unless in the MOD thread, obvs.)

Indeed, but a bit of humility never hurts either.

Please can we all reset a tad and then maybe dial the tone down a few notches, it'll help everyone then.  

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Interitus said:

...and it is, we are discussing.....but you made a claim, I asked you to back it  up, you havent, part of a discussion is providing evidence to back up claims. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Interitus said:

Most of the North west typically gets naff all from an easterly, BFTE was no different. Sure, maybe a few cm here and there, and if that floats your boat then fair enough, but it's not the foot plus that some charts are touting for eg the eastern side of the Pennines or East Anglia.

Some places in NW England actually did better with the BFTE than one or two places in the east, just ask reef about the BFTE. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
31 minutes ago, Interitus said:

However, March 2013 was a frontal system.

I’ll gladly take your input on this as being correct but when I was shovelling snow drifted as high as the roof of the car so I could get to an important appointment, the last thing on my mind was “I wonder whether this was a frontal system or merely a stream of showers coming in on a strong easterly feed.

However the impact was still the same and it still cost the life of some poor lad who died in the snow walking home from the pub above Burnley.

Irrespective of that though, you know my location and I’ll admit that snow from an easterly can be hit or miss in these parts so if that is the point you are trying to make then fair enough but I’ll get what I’m due and will deal with accordingly.

I certainly won’t be throwing toys from my pram if we see nothing and TBH I’d prefer a lightish fall or two that blows down from the Pennine tops and drifts against the walls to a monster dump that is measured as much in heart attack victims as it is in depth.

Even at almost 60 years old I like snow as much as the next person but not to the extent that it causes chaos so I’ll gladly take my piddling little bit and watch those who demand epic amounts deal with it as best they can.

Anyway my brew time is over and it’s back to work again now so enjoy the rest of your day and any snow you may get.

BTW where are you actually located as it seems to be missing.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
12 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Some places in NW England actually did better with the BFTE than one or two places in the east, just ask reef about the BFTE. 

Yeah I did pretty good down here with a few showers and a lot of light snow from that blizzard system in the South West as it just reached here and ended up with at least 10-15cm from the BFTE I think.

I'm not even at 100m either although admittedly I don't have the Pennines to contend with here so much if the wind direction is right.  

Think you just need to get lucky with the showers and sometimes they may line up and give a lot others might get nothing. Hoping we can get something more organised though as the Atlantic tries to break through later next week for everyone. 

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted

MetO

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Bright with wintry showers in the west Saturday, but snow over the Pennines. Colder with more frequent snow showers on Sunday and Monday, bringing a risk of ice. Bitter winds.

Updated: 16:00 (UTC) on Thu 4 Feb 2021

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Guys...

I've so much going on outside net weather at the moment , so I won't be posting,or moaning too much lol.

Anyway, please don't take the apps literally at this timeframe... 

The majority ,even in our hopeless region will see some snow over the next 7 days, I'm sure of it.

• Like 7

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Guys...

I've so much going on outside net weather at the moment , so I won't be posting,or moaning too much lol.

Anyway, please don't take the apps literally at this timeframe... 

The majority ,even in our hopeless region will see some snow over the next 7 days, I'm sure of it.

Hope all ok mate

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1