Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm going to go for 1cm here from dying eastwards showers. 

Also I'm going to say lowest minimum around -4C here which will be the lowest for 3 years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
19 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

I like your optimism

No point in being anything else...

More so as we should have been up in Dunkeld in the Highlands Saturday onwards 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
11 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Stewards inquiry - You can't be changing your daily thoughts with the output lol.

Lol!! That's fair enough. I initially saw what @cheshire snow had predicted and thought he must know something locally that I don't so edged my bets! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

image.png.a4e4511aefea1c4fb4310165561d9174.png

JFF Bank.

Don’t bank

if anything shows up a north south divide it’s this damn big moat across our patch.

not saying it will happen like this and the charts  have to be taken with a pinch of salt but looking at that big unaffected area in the middle we’ll have plenty of salt left

8B4D5485-816A-4C38-8077-94A45D33ED9F.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
7 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Lol!! That's fair enough. I initially saw what @cheshire snow had predicted and thought he must know something locally that I don't so edged my bets! 

Indeed

And on the basis of 40 years local knowledge of the area and a very unstable Easterly flow i would like to up my prediction but will stay within the rules of the game the myth of this area been bad for snow from the east was put to bed long before the Beast of 2018 people in this thread looking at PPN charts and taking as gospel then more fool you I am not ramping this up and if I am wrong then so be it I will hold my hands up and take it on the chin.

Transition day is Saturday then we are locked in to cold spell also breakdown is delayed again on this morning charts so could well be still in this cold spell into the next weekend as well.

Enjoy your snow its on its way.

C.S

• Like 6

Posted

Carinthian's post mentions the greatest risk of snowfall Sunday into Monday over southern northern England. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
10 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Indeed

And on the basis of 40 years local knowledge of the area and a very unstable Easterly flow i would like to up my prediction but will stay within the rules of the game the myth of this area been bad for snow from the east was put to bed long before the Beast of 2018 people in this thread looking at PPN charts and taking as gospel then more fool you I am not ramping this up and if I am wrong then so be it I will hold my hands up and take it on the chin.

Transition day is Saturday then we are locked in to cold spell also breakdown is delayed again on this morning charts so could well be still in this cold spell into the next weekend as well.

C.S

Cheers mate, I knew you must be speaking from extensive local experience. Fingers crossed anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, robbo88 said:

Carinthian's post mentions the greatest risk of snowfall Sunday into Monday over southern northern England. 

Would agree with that.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Cheers mate, I knew you must be speaking from extensive local experience. Fingers crossed anyway. 

15 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Indeed

C.S

Monday & Tuesday look even better than Sunday!

Some solid streamer activity being picked up in the South of our region Monday, moving further North Tuesday.

All powder snow.

a.thumb.png.55fc1ed8694e0b15068b8f2afec84be4.pngb.thumb.png.8246ac6310c5ce5d878ed9d40f835602.png

c.thumb.png.2563cb8ed33fbde80e527ada474dce07.pngd.thumb.png.9e935cf23eb38f788dc0331561dfe6fb.png

e.thumb.png.29b4c6f9bab431560a0626c7b64d1838.pngf.thumb.png.c537d8dbc44c786be1d0aab7ae4ca96c.png

g.thumb.png.de4329b3b807c2ee52bbb78f88340677.pngh.thumb.png.79b8258dfc7184dc9e209660b9b960f7.png

i.thumb.png.75f4d23469ee8cece0dcfc5b66222f61.pngj.thumb.png.77cb695dc199c114bc7f1f764faebe51.png

• Like 9

Posted

Still yet to see anything other than dry and cold for here.  All the forecasts i've seen predict no ppn for here, and even the fantasy snow depth charts now showing the same. Standard easterly conditions for here IMO.   

• Like 2

Posted

First attempt of breakdown is a bust LP goes under the block and heads into France second attempt has more of a go but looks like a good period of snow before rain all accademic at this stage would not be surprised to see the second attempt fail could be more of a bitter cold spell this instead of a snap we shall see the cold is now a certainly my interest now is how long we can prolong it.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Loving the charts and a further upgrade on yesterday? A bit of a way out of course but looks like we can add next Friday now to the cold category

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
4 minutes ago, Slidergate '17 said:

Great..

Screenshot_20210204-111416_Met Office.jpg

Screenshot_20210204-111359_Met Office.jpg

It really does seem to be a poorly drawn area in regards to the North. We aren't even in it yet we know we can get hit hard by Easterlies here and are projected even on Met offices website to have constant snow from 6pm Saturday until there end of forecasts on Wednesday.

Really needed to cover most of Cumbria and take it to about Blackburn imo.

Posted

Saturday looks cold and wet, typical north western weather. Could of been a bit different it earlier runs were more spot on but not too be.

As far as that competition goes  Morecambe 1CM, suppose it's only take one lucky shower to make it here to get that.

Posted
Just now, cowdog said:

It really does seem to be a poorly drawn area in regards to the North. We aren't even in it yet we know we can get hit hard by Easterlies here and are projected even on Met offices website to have constant snow from 6pm Saturday until there end of forecasts on Wednesday.

Really needed to cover most of Cumbria and take it to about Blackburn imo.

To be honest it's getting to the point I'm more optimistic about a snowy spell if I'm not under a weather warning from the MetO

• Like 6

Posted

Pretty standard in an easterly to put out warnings for the east.

If a trough looks like coming across I'd expect westerly warnings to emerge 12 hours before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
5 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

To be honest it's getting to the point I'm more optimistic about a snowy spell if I'm not under a weather warning from the MetO

Yeah it’s far from inspiring from our point of view although not surprising but at least there are a few positives which we can take from it.

things can only upgrade from here.

if we get some heavy disruptive snow then it’s better than what we are currently being told to expect.

at least the North West vaccination programme shouldn’t be impacted by blocked roads and closed centres.

meanwhile I’ll keep out of the gloatfest in the SE model thread and get back to doing some work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Regarding the warnings, it's only Thursday...

• Like 2