Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

The maps are distorted, Cumbria is shown small scale and no snow, misleading...

Hence the not to be taken literally bit...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
57 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Taken from the Beebs website updated an hour ago.

Again not to be taken literally as it's only Wednesday but not bad for the more Southern & Central parts of the region.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday

Showery rain on Thursday night.

Friday looks like being a generally cloudy day with occasional rain or showers.

The easterly wind will pick up on Saturday - spells of rain will increasingly fall as snow, even to low levels.

Much colder on Sunday with a strong easterly wind, bringing snow showers at times.

8260753_Screenshot_2021-02-03Wallasey-BBCWeather.thumb.png.97da92f83f225270d72e14439fb063a3.png

Must not get hopeful yet. Must not get hopeful yet. Must not get.....

• Like 1

Posted

Just seen the BBC online forecast, got to smile at the graphics, hard to take them too seriously when the resolution is so low.

That said there is a chance of something more persistent on Saturday as the low tries and clear away but I'm not sure the air is cold enough away from higher ground. Yesterday runs did look better for this than today's but one to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
33 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Please.. just please, let this come true.

image.thumb.png.7463a68be96492c3e5c45d833c2a3ab7.png

It looks epic in the sea. Maybe a boat trip is in order

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 hours ago, Had Worse said:

In Feb 1991, I was at my girlfriends (since married and divorced) house in Carbrook, Stalybridge. My car, a red Vauxhall Nova was part buried upto the bonnet as was the whole of the square.

The drifts up the house were about 5ft and waling out of the house, it came up to my thighs.

I was at Mossley Hollins in 1991, the drifts on the top yard were incredible

• Like 2

Posted

FDDBC864-E6E0-469A-B0CD-5C4A42AB337A.thumb.png.3a71e23436928104ed8ff9fdad2e1cf0.png

36E03750-528D-4323-A89F-C0998B0F1CCD.thumb.png.bc4aad44892a1af5790cfdffc0358db3.png

Can’t wait. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not sure what model/data they get their forecasts from but Sunday-Thursday not looking too shabby at all.

Screenshot_20210203-170605-350.thumb.png.d468583e580950e76c42acdae9a74935.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

FDDBC864-E6E0-469A-B0CD-5C4A42AB337A.thumb.png.3a71e23436928104ed8ff9fdad2e1cf0.png

36E03750-528D-4323-A89F-C0998B0F1CCD.thumb.png.bc4aad44892a1af5790cfdffc0358db3.png

Can’t wait. 

Said the same here before BFTE but we had a covering in the end.

Don’t trust the apps for convective stuff. You still might stay dry though, hopefully Kasim will share his thoughts later. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Manchester_Sunset said:

Snow everywhere! 

Screenshot_20210203-171201.png

Send me your PayPal and I’ll buy you a beer if I get more than a cm! 

• Like 2

Posted

Every time in this setup . The Showers get all the way over to the West  , and is this flow is even stronger than usual and even Colder would be expecting some Beefy Showers over Lancs / Manchester from Saturday night onwards ... The models have always been rubbish of predicting the extent of showers , and everything that falls will settle and stay so be a case of Snow building up over the week .  

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, BlackburnChris said:

Every time in this setup . The Showers get all the way over to the West  , and is this flow is even stronger than usual and even Colder would be expecting some Beefy Showers over Lancs / Manchester from Saturday night onwards ... The models have always been rubbish of predicting the extent of showers , and everything that falls will settle and stay so be a case of Snow building up over the week .  

Other than a trough Chris mentioned a couple of days ago I got 0cm lying snow in 2018. I hope everyone does well and will happily eat my words if I get to take my kids sledging. 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, BlackburnChris said:

Do you remember how this area did in 2018, as I remember it there was some snow but not much depth to them? 

Surely this is a similar set up? 

Edited by Frosty the Snowman

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Other than a trough Chris mentioned a couple of days ago I got 0cm lying snow in 2018. I hope everyone does well and will happily eat my words if I get to take my kids sledging. 

Yeah Chorley is quite a bit further South than Blackburn , but If you follow the contour lines on the charts theres gonna be showers Coming from the East Coast all the way down the Coast , not like the streamer setup .. either way you will see Snow next week at some point what ever direction it comes from lol 

Posted
2 minutes ago, BlackburnChris said:

Yeah Chorley is quite a bit further South than Blackburn , but If you follow the contour lines on the charts theres gonna be showers Coming from the East Coast all the way down the Coast , not like the streamer setup .. either way you will see Snow next week at some point what ever direction it comes from lol 

Hope so. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frosty the Snowman said:

Do you remember how this area did in 2018, as I remember it there was some snow but not much depth to them? 

Surely this is a similar set up? 

yes . Blackburn didnt have as much where I live down the road in Darwen , the height here makes a big difference and we were picking showers up that Blackburn wasnt ... Was amazing taking the train from Blackburn to Darwen and see the Snow amounts increase ... 

Posted
1 hour ago, Geordiesnow said:

Just seen the BBC online forecast, got to smile at the graphics, hard to take them too seriously when the resolution is so low.

That said there is a chance of something more persistent on Saturday as the low tries and clear away but I'm not sure the air is cold enough away from higher ground. Yesterday runs did look better for this than today's but one to watch.

BBC maps are bizarre, snowfall movement just odd, a mass appears in N Wales all of a sudden, yet nothing much Cumbria. Too be taken non literally with major disclaimer. Now casting look outside window forecasting the best forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
Just now, Day 10 said:

What was the date for the BFTE 2018?

Late in the February. Properly arrived around the 25th and we were in the peak of it about the 28th.

archives-2018-2-26-0-1.thumb.png.b258107f1154b6231ee1fa663ce069c9.png237581753_archives-2018-2-28-12-1(1).thumb.png.ac69cba63765705e9b29680e3b0fc553.png

• Thanks 1