Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Feeling positively Springlike in any brightness here in South Cheshire this afternoon. Looking forward to next week for some proper winter cold but really not sure on what in terms of snow we’ll get. Easterlies can deliver for this region but to have widespread snow cover from Liverpool in the west to Buxton in the East, to Crewe in the South and the Lakes to the North  you really need a true Beast like Feb 1991 and to a lesser extent the BFTE in 2018.  I’m not sure whether we can call next weeks cold snap from the East a beast just yet. Eastern areas of the country and the region once the North Sea snow machine fires up should do very well though. If the rest of the region can squeeze one half decent snowfall out of this spell even if it’s via a few heavy snow showers that stick around a day or so with daytime temperatures close to zero I think many will be happy. Fingers crossed for everyone next week! ? ⛄️ 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 minute ago, Joe Snow said:

Feeling positively Springlike in any brightness here in South Cheshire this afternoon. Looking forward to next week for some proper winter cold but really not sure on what in terms of snow we’ll get. Easterlies can deliver for this region but to have widespread snow cover from Liverpool in the west to Buxton in the East, to Crewe in the South and the Lakes to the North  you really need a true Beast like Feb 1991 and to a lesser extent the BFTE in 2018.  I’m not sure whether we can call next weeks cold snap from the East a beast just yet. Eastern areas of the country and the region once the North Sea snow machine fires up should do very well though. If the rest of the region can squeeze one half decent snowfall out of this spell even if it’s via a few heavy snow showers that stick around a day or so with daytime temperatures close to zero I think many will be happy. Fingers crossed for everyone next week! ? ⛄️ 

Guess you didn't see the lunchtime forecast then

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Guess you didn't see the lunchtime forecast then

C.S

Ooo what did it show?! ⛄️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 minute ago, Joe Snow said:

Ooo what did it show?! ⛄️ 

Stalling low over many parts of the region and Midlands with snow from Saturday through Sunday mentioned the words significant disruptive snow could occur she did state the uncertainly as usual though 

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Stalling low over many parts of the region and Midlands with snow from Saturday through Sunday mentioned the words significant disruptive snow could occur she did state the uncertainly as usual though 

C.S

So that'll correct to around the Wash then? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Thanks for those. I was going to ask members how good Feb 1991 was in Western parts of our region. Looks like it was decent on that chart. I lived in the Midlands at the time and we ended up with around a foot and a half of snow from memory.

Did a post on it last week, 6 inches of powder snow and still remains my favourite cold spell to date.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Met Office appear to be coming round to the idea of snow reaching as far west as my little western outpost now. 

'Placeholder Snow' from 6pm to 6am on both Saturday night and Sunday night 

Edited by Frosty the Snowman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Somewhere near the Fletchers Arms?

Near to dane bank primary school 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

The BBC forecast was fantastic however the Met have just put warnings out that miss the West 

Screenshot_20210203-150246_Met Office.jpg

The warnings miss us but if you check your local forecast there'll likely be some snow on it.

I think the warning is being put out for the East now because snow is absolutely nailed on for them either way - they get a load of Easterly Showers if everything else doesn't pan out, where as we need a slightly more specific scenario. They'd probably put any warning out for us on Friday night. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Taken from the Beebs website updated an hour ago.

Again not to be taken literally as it's only Wednesday but not bad for the more Southern & Central parts of the region.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday

Showery rain on Thursday night.

Friday looks like being a generally cloudy day with occasional rain or showers.

The easterly wind will pick up on Saturday - spells of rain will increasingly fall as snow, even to low levels.

Much colder on Sunday with a strong easterly wind, bringing snow showers at times.

8260753_Screenshot_2021-02-03Wallasey-BBCWeather.thumb.png.97da92f83f225270d72e14439fb063a3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Again not to be taken literally as it's only Wednesday but not bad for the more Southern & Central parts of the region.

The easterly wind will pick up on Saturday - spells of rain will increasingly fall as snow, even to low levels.

Much colder on Sunday with a strong easterly wind, bringing snow showers at times.

8260753_Screenshot_2021-02-03Wallasey-BBCWeather.thumb.png.97da92f83f225270d72e14439fb063a3.png

Mind the gap

mindthegap.thumb.jpg.33ad8d50ddcf524124b6db6a8ac6dcaa.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I saw the lunchtime forecast on the BBC, I was pleasently surprised at the graphics showing snowfall across the whole of the NW,normally those pesky Pennines stop any easterly flow this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

Even I have a snow symbol this far west for sunday night so it should be interesting for some of us in the NW at least

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
46 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Radar image from New Year's eve night 1996, it was virtually continuous snow. 

BBk1m73.jpg

Remember it well but all for the wrong reasons as it was a relative's funeral that day. If we hadn't of had a 4x4 we wouldn't have made it all the way down to southern cemetery in south Manchester.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

The maps are distorted, Cumbria is shown small scale and no snow, misleading...

Posted

image.thumb.png.64af87df1fe3e20d8eab9133ebe4124e.png<< These sort of updates make me happy  , better not let me down again!  - all looking good so far though so fingers crossed 

• Like 1