Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
2 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Apparently it's your body mustering an immune response - so in a way it's a good thing as it means the vaccine is working! I have heard that if you don't have this reaction with the first vaccine you are more likely to get it with the second - this is what happened to my mum who didn't even get a sore arm first time round. Much better 24 hours' misery than end up with Covid.....

Yes exactly what I was told , it’s a good thing , it shows your immune system is doing what it should . I always get a sore arm with the normal Flu jab , I’m not bothered if I feel a bit rubbish for a few days just grateful I got the vaccination 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

I've already rebooked my first jab from next Tuesday, putting it back to next Thursday, but not sure these country roads (and I have to go cross-country to my Centre) will be drivable even by then!

That's the trouble with living in the depths of rural Suffolk, but wouldn't have it any other way!

Edited by bbtablet
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
4 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Shame I can’t go to mum’s for the weekend due to lockdown! ?‍♂️

F698E6C0-F143-49B1-90EA-2A43D82C61C1.png

Given your own location @windsor.. you yaself could do well= Very  well.....tomorrow s outs/forecasts may mirror this!!!!

Edited by tight isobar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
23 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Sadly not good @ coastal significance!!!.. however I’d expect 50 miles or so inland from the coast-and as per previous post from say reading eastward... the amber alert extension.. as we gain.. @24/48hr window!.. 

I Agree I think amber will extend I'm in the amber zone but my dad and sister 5 miles west of me are in yellow zone I think SE London particularly Outer boroughs like Bromley will do well too

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Sadly not good @ coastal significance!!!.. however I’d expect 50 miles or so inland from the coast-and as per previous post from say reading eastward... the amber alert extension.. as we gain.. @24/48hr window!.. 

Lovely evening  hear  in Maidstone ,before the snow at the weekend 

20210205_161705.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Anyway back to the Snow Risk

Will get a Mod to move all those posts above into the Covid Thread 

• Like 4

Posted
53 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Oi Thats my car and I am clearly seen in the drivers seat lol

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

I love this! Used to watch storm chasers and still follow Reed on Twitter and FB.

Doing a NW storm chase is on my bucket list for sure!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
7 minutes ago, Carl Honeysett said:

Lovely evening  hear  in Maidstone ,before the snow at the weekend 

20210205_161705.jpg

That green will be in a deep white blanket... soon enough @maidstone kent .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The only significant snowfall I remember in my lifetime was around March/April ish in either 2007/8 where we got a streamer, and in December 2009/January 2010. 

We got a few flurries in 2018 with the beast from the east but the snow amounts was nothing noteworthy in my books.

Hopefully, we’ll get a stonking  streamer that sets itself up to bury the south coast in snow. This would go some way for Mother Nature to repair the mental damage she did on me last year, with a measley one or two claps of thunder throughout the entirety of 2020. 
??

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

I love this! Used to watch storm chasers and still follow Reed on Twitter and FB.

Doing a NW storm chase is on my bucket list for sure!

And when its safe to do so would love to take you out there on that Unique of all roadtrips with some Giant Hail and Spinning Water Vapour thrown in.

Theres also a chance on down days we go into the Rockies and do Snow Angels even in June - See storms and Snow ALWAYS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What’s the current situation looking like for here in mid norfolk, i feel like i’m too far north now for Sunday and then too far south and north for the shower and streamer activity that could be happening Monday onwards! 

really hope i’m wrong, but i think it’ll be a push to get anything significant here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm always mindful of 1987 in these kind of set ups.

I remember it being bitterly cold and we did have have some snow initially but only a couple of centimetres, and that was all, despite it being one of the coldest spells ever!  Meanwhile, travelling south to the office in London you could see the snow depths get a little higher.  Some of my colleagues from south of the river had so much snow they couldn't get into the office.  So hoping to do ok this time around, but those memories leave a scar!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Hopefully, we’ll get a stonking  streamer that sets itself up to bury the south coast in snow. This would go some way for Mother Nature to repair the mental damage she did on me last year, with a measley one or two claps of thunder throughout the entirety of 2020. 
??

I remember visiting Worthing over the summer during the heatwave, there were some amazing storms just to the north over the Downs but yeah by the south coast there wasn't really much convection to speak of during that period, it was all inland when it formed. 

Great hot spell though even down by the coast, to get 32-33c right on the coast was very impressive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
11 minutes ago, Paul said:

Can we steer this away from covid please, many people come into the weather threads to escape that subject and we have a dedicated area for discussing it elsewhere. Thanks. 

Would just like to apologise as I was the one that posted that I had received my Jab , I didn’t want to upset any members in here . 

• Like 2

Posted

Its going to be Interesting to see where this spell sits in my top Easterly Periods and see if it can get into the top 5

1. 1987

2. 2010

3. 1991

4. 1979

5. 2018

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Can't help thinking its all gone bust here in North Norfolk. Only threat we have is from some occasional showers. Time will tell 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

And when its safe to do so would love to take you out there on that Unique of all roadtrips with some Giant Hail and Spinning Water Vapour thrown in.

Theres also a chance on down days we go into the Rockies and do Snow Angels even in June - See storms and Snow ALWAYS!

I'll be doing one too...wanted to do one in 2019 but my pops passed away after caring for him and had to clear out his house.

I take it the chases are off the agenda for this year Paul?

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Anyway back to the Snow Risk

Will get a Mod to move all those posts above into the Covid Thread 

Seems fair enough. I am happy being in either thread but it is nice to come to this one for a bit if light relief. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Its going to be Interesting to see where this spell sits in my top Easterly Periods and see if it can get into the top 5

1. 1987

2. 2010

3. 1991

4. 1979

5. 2018

Yes. But I don't recall 1979.  Putting that to one side I have a realistic expectation that I would replacing 2018 in 5th with 2021.. if we get 5 ice days from Sunday, frontal snow as well and streamers Monday and Tuesday and hard frost throughout

Outside bet at 10s for me is nudging 91 down to 4th.  For that I would need any breakdown pushed back until 2nd half of weekend

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers
1 hour ago, Kentspur said:

I've only just woken up after my night shift care to share the images as there's way too many posts for me to catch up whats the rough estimates? I've just seen im inside the Amber warning zone just about! ?☃️

Screenshot_20210205-155217_Gallery.jpg

You're in it and I'm just outside grrr

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Weather related posts in here please. This is NOT the thread for Coronavirus discussions, that can be found here. Thank you.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
Just now, Hurricane Debby said:

My app is showing heavy snow for Sunday ! 

Fingers crossed! I might walk to Hastings way if we get a good covering