Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Jumping the gun...maybe,see tomorrows symbol ( although a 1130pm snow transition tomorrow is just about possible)

Over excited...definitely.

Although I haven't actually allowed the words it will snow in his earshot yet!

20210205_091749.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

he sounds like he hasn't got a clue what he is on about 

This one was better lol

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot
20 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

I'll be heading up onto Farthing downs, or possibly up to Kenley airfield, although the snow does pile up quite nicely in Happy Valley, when we get a decent fall of course.

Times like this I wish we were still living in Old Coulsdon... some fantastic snow events from there up to Caterham when I was growing up. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

IMBY post alert but is the far south east about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?   Will this stay as rain for all of Saturday night and the early hours of Sunday?   

image.thumb.png.3a5bf269fe63396c7abe5f055c6f4b36.png

Naaa!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

This one was better lol

if that was the truth then everyone would be happy except the very last one with the world blowing up

also its funny but also a little worrying at 0:20 that its showing a heatwave but those are normal temperatures nowadays in our summer, now a heatwave is a number of days above 35 Celsius 

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

Does my memory serve me right, was that the same year we saw freezing fog for days on end and somewhere around a 125 car pile up on the A12? 

Oooh dont remember the big crash on the A12 but sounds plausible given the conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
Just now, jamesgold said:

Right, amber warning bingo? I reckon east anglia, Essex and Kent for sure today. Less sure about London at this point but fingers crossed

I am plumping for something like the below for our region.

SE MAP.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, jamesgold said:

Right, amber warning bingo? I reckon east anglia, Essex and Kent for sure today. Less sure about London at this point but fingers crossed

I bet if it does appear I will be about 5 miles outside of the warning zone. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

IMBY post alert but is the far south east about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?   Will this stay as rain for all of Saturday night and the early hours of Sunday?   

image.thumb.png.3a5bf269fe63396c7abe5f055c6f4b36.png

Naaa!

It will turn to snow by 3am ! Here’s the 7am chart. All ❄️ 

85F14D7F-F4A0-4991-80EB-40B5A13BCFE8.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

mm I have no idea what weather i will get in the next few days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
29 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

he sounds like he hasn't got a clue what he is on about 

He was right though! 
There was over a foot of snow, I remember it was so deep my bike wheels were getting stuck in the snow.

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

mm I have no idea what weather i will get in the next few days. 

I suppose the one thing we do know is that it will be subzero from early sunday through to thursday at least. Quite remarkable. I guess we will all see some snow at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

After a horrific January, isn't it nice to know in just 36 hours it's eyes down for the radar. And it's a proper, non-marginal, once-in-a-blue-moon event.

I don't put too much stock in the automated apps of course, but the MetO one has geared up for my neck of the woods to 12 hours of heavy snow and light snow right out until Monday night. Also showing a sniff of shower potential into Tue/Wed but too far out to bother about. Maybe the 7-10 cms I called here might have been a little conservative, but it's luck of the draw I suppose. Could be anything from 5-15 I reckon.

Somewhere is going to get plastered. Got everything crossed for the region, we definitely earned this one!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Shame that all that rain on Saturday isn't snow, we'd be buried

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Amazing to think this is going to start pretty much to the hour from the 1991 spell almost exactly 30 years ago to the day 

I remember that Thursday on the 7th Feb 1991 being sent home from work around Midday and leaving London which had a dusting and getting pretty much the last train out of Liverpool Street to get home to about 5cm that had already fallen at the start of that spell.

Does anyone have the charts for the 7th Feb 1991 ?

yep some of us at Natwest that travelled by trains were sent home as we were based in aldgate east - leaving us that lived in inner london to work the shift out . Never forget the work home not seeing so much snow since Jan 87 and the biting winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Good to check in again to the SE thread - was starting to think I'd never get the chance! OK, now I am properly excited - the MetO has me down for heavy snow most of the day on Sunday and light snow right the way through Monday too..... how long is it since that happened? I must admit I am slightly concerned though for OAPs with vaccines booked - hate to think of them having to struggle through snow with the inevitable injuries that will follow. We should all keep an eye on our neighbours and offer them lifts to the vaccination centres where necessary (if, of course, we can get our cars out of the driveway....) Re 1991, I remember that well - we were sent home from work early, but the train ground to a halt several stops from home so I had to get out and catch a bus - which only made it half a mile before the road was impassable. So walking was the only option, and not expecting the severe weather I had totally unsuitable smart office shoes on. Crossing Blackheath was quite an experience - fell over several times, but there was so much snow it was like falling into a marshmallow. When I reached home I literally looked like a snowman - my hair was frozen solid. The shoes were, needless to say, a write-off.

Edited by kate1
  • Like 1

Posted

METO are certainly onboard and I am only seeing upgrades for this area at present....  hope it upgrades for you all further West and those heavy showers push further inland 

Edited by Timstar1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

If you wrap up properly with scarf, hat, gloves, double socks and a decent jacket, you won’t feel it much

I'll be in doors anyway enjoying the nice white outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
48 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

The greatest forecast I’ve ever seen.....As a teenager living in Essex I was going bezerk. The nonchalant manner he describes temps rising from minus 11 to minus 5

I love that pause before he says “it’s all downhill from here”. I’m not sure if he wanted to laugh or cry!

• Like 5

Posted
6 minutes ago, southbank said:

yep some of us at Natwest that travelled by trains were sent home as we were based in aldgate east - leaving us that lived in inner london to work the shift out . Never forget the work home not seeing so much snow since Jan 87 and the biting winds

Lol Small World

I worked for Natwest back then at Kings X House and we were sent home at Midday on that Thursday, maybe it was a group idea to send home all the employees

Small World eh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well the yellow warning has been cancelled for Sunday. To be replaced by what I wonder!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, SnowBear said:

Has anyone indentified the type of birds? 

I can't speak for what birds are flying east, but probably allsorts, as we seem to have lost lots recently from here. Been really quite a few around till this week.

• Like 1