Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Widely 5cm or so on the 00z by the end of Sunday night through London eastwards. Absolutely pants for here 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Latest from UKV has frontal band much further NW which did appear to be extremely isolated with being so SE. It’s interesting that convection could also enhance snowfall it’s evident on this run through Thames Estuary.

A80401E6-B974-4D50-AA49-032CEF72D5DF.thumb.png.2fc400e797f5060bbddcebcd7f886d32.png66EC3635-25C4-4456-8092-FB93990EC18E.thumb.png.07fa27792f879d6e5d2931f0cb4830d7.png

Could be great for me in N/W Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
7 minutes ago, londonblizzard said:

Hi Nick, at what time do the 00z become viewable on NW extra?

Not sure I'm afraid. I use our internal website at work to view the models! @Paul would be best to answer things like that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
50 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

It's all about Luton and places north. Onwards and upwards 

A lot of the precip models have your area and further north and east in the jackpot zone atleast if the wind veers NEly as opposed to E or ENE your area does well unlike further west

Posted
13 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

How about a classsic and less rare  mid Kent streamer from faversham to Eastbourne  

Let's go. Let's imagine that th

e God of cold is sprinkling  chances across the south and east ok

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

A lot of the precip models have your area and further north and east in the jackpot zone atleast if the wind veers NEly as opposed to E or ENE your area does well unlike further west

I was trying to avoid being a nimby. I'm deffo not in Bedfordshire. I'm in the ruins of west and mid Kent 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!
23 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Yeah I'm sick tbh @Kentspur, been working over in Ireland the last six months, usually reside in Rochester near the Airport, would have come back for this if it wasn't for covid

?‍♂️.

Not really essential . . . .

Shame because I think N/W Kent will get buried. Had some great events over the years, can see bluebell hill, boxley, detling, stockbury, meopham, gravesham, hoo peninsula and parts of medway in a bit of trouble come early next week. Can only see warnings being upgraded nearer the time. Hope you all enjoy the snow, some cracking sledging to be had for a few ice days❄✌maybe more . . . 

Edited by icykev
  • Like 1

Posted

UKV 0z updated now. For sunday morning a little bit tamer and precip further south-east than the 21z - surprisingly good for kent and sussex and not too great for home counties north of london. 

Edited by londonblizzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, icykev said:

Yeah I'm sick tbh @Kentspur, been working over in Ireland the last six months, usually reside in Rochester near the Airport, would have come back for this if it wasn't for covid

?‍♂️.

Not really essential . . . .

Shame because I think N/W Kent will get buried. Had some great events over the years, can see bluebell hill, boxley, detling, stockbury, meopham, gravesham, hoo peninsula and parts of medway in a bit of trouble come early next week. Can only see warnings being upgraded nearer the time. Hope you all enjoy the snow, some cracking sledging to be had for a few ice days❄✌

You are legend.  I rely on Boxley down to see snow.  It's 40 minutes walk from  Maidstone town centre.  I managed to see a snow cover on Boxley downs on Jan 16. But it rained after to remove 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!
3 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

You are legend.  I rely on Boxley down to see snow.  It's 40 minutes walk from  Maidstone town centre.  I managed to see a snow cover on Boxley downs on Jan 16. But it rained after to remove 

Yeah great area at the top of the downs @ the viewing area on bluebell hill, maybe a bit far of a walk in the cold from you, but well worth it! In better times the country pub will be open too. The Robin Hood, lovely spot good food/open fires. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, icykev said:

Yeah great area at the top of the downs @ the viewing area on bluebell hill, maybe a bit far of a walk in the cold from you, but well worth it! In better times the country pub will be open too. The Robin Hood, lovely spot good food/open fires. 

Boxley is close. Blue bell Hill involves walking through aylesford and andfeccles

Posted
1 hour ago, icykev said:

Hell and fire,, but yes I do miss the pub 

• Like 1

Morning gang, 

We have reached the day were we can start upping the excitement meter.. 

Not sure I fully get people that post the most depressing and sad posts.. Its like they want to ruin other peoples fun.. Looking for breakdowns and post  "oh no milder by Thursday" that was a week away yesterday.. Like to know where you purchase your crystal ball and I definitely wouldn't be using it to look for mild weather in a weeks time...its the same posters each year too.. They must live depressed lives or they hate snow.. 

The updated from met office for our region is peachy

Saturday:

Cloudy, with early showers turning to more persistent rain during the morning. Rain then turning mostly to snow during the evening. Winds strengthening, with gales on eastern coasts later. Maximum temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

A spell of persistent snow is likely on Sunday into Monday, turning more showery with brighter spells on Tuesday. Feeling cold in strong easterly winds, with gales on coasts.

I think by tomorrow morning with high res we will start to firm up on Sunday.. The rain to snow transition seems to be around midnight.. 

Be funny for some to go to bed and it's raining then wake up Sunday to a wtf moment

Good luck all I hope we all join in the fun this time round! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, londonblizzard said:

UKV 0z updated now. For sunday morning a little bit tamer and precip further south-east than the 21z - surprisingly good for kent and sussex and not too great for home counties north of london. 

If anyone can tell me where I can see the UKV charts Id appreciate it

1 minute ago, Snowman. said:

The closer in time we get to the 2nd making inroads the more I see it going under

image.thumb.png.34f4953fc26828a2e6e564a34cfdc319.png

Pretty normal affair seeing the models struggle with cold blocks.. There was once a really good poster on here who went through it all and how the models nearly 99% of the time struggle when it comes to this kind of setup over the UK . I don't remember much of the details or why but it was fascinating watching breakdowns get pushed back more and more.. 

Maybe come Monday/Tuesday we will see more details... Given we are currently struggling with Sunday I have no idea why people are taking Thursday charts for gospel 

Posted

Not expecting much here unless we get a streamer setup from which we could get lucky as we did back in 2009 or 2010(cant remember which) which dumped about 6 inches. Looking good further  East in the region for Sunday.

Edited by Cableguy
  • Like 1

Just now, Cableguy said:

Not expecting much here unless we get a streamer setup from which we could get lucky as we did back in 2009 or 2010(cant remember which) which dumped about 6 inches. Looking good further  East in the region for Sundwy.

Can I quote this post please come Tuesday... I think @Paul Sherman has a couple saved back as you are not far from me.. Lets see 

The Met office updates get better:

Tuesday 9th-18th February 

A cold start to the period with significant wind-chill, especially in eastern areas. Snow showers are likely across eastern Scotland, England, and perhaps eastern Northern Ireland, whilst plenty of bright sunny weather is likely further west. There is a small chance of a period of heavy snowfall across parts of southern England and Wales, most likely on Tuesday. As the period progresses, remaining cold or very cold with brisk winds. The best of any sunshine will be in the west. Snow showers and attendant wintry hazards continuing to affect eastern UK at times, especially at first, whilst the risk of organised rain and snow pushing into the south-west and across southern UK will slowly increase.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Can I quote this post please come Tuesday... I think @Paul Sherman has a couple saved back as you are not far from me.. Lets see 

You can, I'll go for a light covering (1-2" max for NW Surrey)

4 minutes ago, Cableguy said:

You can, I'll go for a light covering (1-2" max for NW Surrey)

Thats 2.5cm in new school money.. 

EDIT:

EURO 4 now has Sunday in its sights and my word 

The transition still looks around midnight ... 

1346594290_EURO41.thumb.gif.1016b22bc5117faccd6fd157c4e0aa74.gif

By the end of the run around 6am its still snowing

690724381_EURO42.thumb.gif.09462c9d58d36075504e97d78087877f.gif

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 9