Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Who needs a lamppost?! Laying on the sofa watching the Superbowl on TV with my own light on view. Comfy! 

16127453460806614170446738400305.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

There's no way im doing another all nighter, I just hope I can get under a streamer, salvage something out of this rather disappointing event for me, still snowing here, im talking 1 flake an hour. In fact it's probably the same flake doing the rounds. I can't believe after hours and hours of snow, I've barely got a dusting. Im sure 1 day, I'll witness another dec 2010, or march 2013, my last proper snowfall to date

No snow, are you serious? That's incredible. You're about 10 miles from me, and there's another guy on here in Salehurst, which is smack bang in the middle of us, about 5 miles from us both.

We have a dusting on roads and paths and 1-2 inches on everything else.

You have almost nothing.

The guy 5 miles from us both, right in the middle, has 5 inches level covering everything...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
7 minutes ago, spayne said:

I had a sore arm and a bit of swelling around the injection point , also was itchy too.!! I’m watching the band moving slowly towards N London, fingers crossed for a little more than today.!!

Oh I had proper flu symptoms, in bed for 36 hours high temperature , shivering uncontrollably , achy joints .Was horrible !! Anyway back to the weather fingers crossed we get a good dusting tonight

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Had an almost blizzard-like graupel shower here for about 10 minutes. Probably around 1-2cm on the ground at the moment.

P1080811.JPG

P1080812.JPG

P1080817.JPG

P1080818.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
6 minutes ago, Marie said:

Heard a lot of people have had reactions to the jab , rather have a few days of feeling crap then get covid though . I hope to stay up lol but if I can’t make it I wish you get the snow we deserve good luck x

Likewise here and yes definitely better to not catch that for sure! Hoping to stay up for a bit too and wish you good luck with getting some snow also. Been a little light on snow here in our area its fair to say so we deserve a bit tonight!x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Have very light snow here now dusting the surfaces

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

As expected it's decayed a lot over this part of kent, and there's no snow falling. So on that note, time to sleep! Such a shame it didn't hammer it down at night rather than during the day yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Finally finally!!! 21 hours later than expected I have my first covering in Gravesend since 2018 and its lovely proper powder type snow blowing everywhere the poor fox keeps chasing the little drifts up and down the road not.settling properly as its drifting so much there's huge piles I can see at the bottom of the road carparks still very scarce wheres its falling off down the cliff on the new developments but even that's white now ?❄

20210208_005225.jpg

20210208_005558.jpg

20210208_002842.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
4 minutes ago, spayne said:

Watching and waiting....hopefully in 30/60 mins time

It's snowing here in Hastings & settling on the concrete now the wind has picked up to . I just checked the mad thread , looks like this cold isn't going anywhere soon

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

As expected it's decayed a lot over this part of kent, and there's no snow falling. So on that note, time to sleep! Such a shame it didn't hammer it down at night rather than during the day yesterday

I'm still getting lucky, but it's only light stuff. Going to get some shut eye too now, I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
Just now, lassie23 said:

Has anyone had more than icing sugar dustings?

Estimating about 1-2cm here, difficult to tell because the wind is blowing it all over the place

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, 2810lollypop said:

It's snowing here in Hastings & settling on the concrete now the wind has picked up to . I just checked the mad thread , looks like this cold isn't going anywhere soon

Some where getting worried about it flipping but it was an outlier whatever that is lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep.

you are in the  amber warning zone aren't you?

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Very light snow blowing about in the city

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Right think it’s time for bed as some saying it’s decaying , not sure it would have got here anyway !! Night guys good luck 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I think we're good.

It's gradually moving westwards & convection will continue as winds shift, earlier MOGREPS run had the westwards shift stalling around Chatham/Rochester/Medway area. 

Stuff over EA perhaps heading towards London. As convection kicks in & wind shift completes, areas further west will get in on the game too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Based on this im 7/8 on Murr scale. If flakes were bigger then def a 9 to 10 at times full coverage complete bow despite the drifting 

Screenshot_20210206-020355_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-020352_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Has anyone had more than icing sugar dustings?

Lots of people in East Suffolk, East Essex and East Kent. The sweet spots have seen around 15cm already with a night of snow showers to come

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, dallas said:

Very light snow blowing about in the city

You should have a nice surprise waiting for you in Greenhithe as your halfway between me and Dartford where they have light snow  here its quite heavy but small flakes roads completely white now though