Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Signs that the low pressure is starting to pull away South Eastwards. Precipitation should start to pivot and the winds swing North Easterly then finally East North Easterly. Time to start looking for streamer set-ups.

• Like 3

Posted

My uncle lives in Ipswich. He sent me these. He’s done pretty well...

02DEBB5A-7298-4FA6-89F7-56C2580D05CB.jpeg

3AE64E9A-9ECF-4D64-9F8C-777E5951F347.jpeg

1229B98D-15D4-47C8-87F9-015C80F19E90.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.
2 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Same here in Surbiton. It's just wet on all the surfaces, flakes flying around and fairly cold outside but not what I was expecting in temperature terms as I was kind of expecting a freezing cold fierce wind that did not materialise. Sorry if I sound a bit down!

Has been very disappointing hasn’t it? There’s a dusting on the cars here now and it looked like a heavier band was coming through but it seems to have fizzled out now ☹️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Just had an awesome blizzard go through here, was starting to cover everything!

Then it *** stopped again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers

Streamer happening about 20 miles to my east while I'm stuck with microscopic dandruff flakes blowing in the wind...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Know what I've always loved about February snow? I can watch it, in daylight, until after 5pm!:santa-emoji:

• Like 5

Posted

not so much for here, but the wash streamer seems to be setting itself up well now! for here, got a small shower trying to backbuild giving me a dusting but not really any decent flakes yet so not expecting much more yet

Posted
2 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Has been very disappointing hasn’t it? There’s a dusting on the cars here now and it looked like a heavier band was coming through but it seems to have fizzled out now ☹️

I wouldn't complain, thats a dusting more than I have at the moment, and a dusting more than I'm going to get as well this week!

12z ARPEGE really going to town it has to be said again throughout the amber zone, still a widespread 10-20cms to come so for places that are over 10cms we won't be far off 30cms by the end if things go well.

• Like 2

Posted

worth noting that it’s having no real issue settling on pavement here even though it’s rather light, the main problem it’s having is landing without being swept away by the wind! i imagine later on where streamers do set up some drifts could be the bigger issue for some if this wind doesn’t die down 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

So thoughts on tonight ? Any chance of seeing some more snow ? I know that’s a difficult question to answer lol .All stopped  here now can see clear sky’s 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Just had an awesome blizzard go through here, was starting to cover everything!

Then it *** stopped again!!

It’s stopped here. I’m near the Outlet. I was expecting it to be really windy today but it’s been pretty calm apart from the odd breeze.

Posted

Am I right in thinking of the wind direction shifts more east than north east we have a better chance of a streamer type scenario setting up for north Kent ?

• Like 4

Posted

Looks like I’ve got a Kent streamer heading straight over the top of me for the next few hours

• Like 3

Posted

Well, I'd say that's about it then. Main front is breaking up, dry zone north of front looks to stay dry other than a few snow flurries.     Carrying on in the far south east for a while I expect for the lucky ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
8 minutes ago, kold weather said:

No, we are stuffed dude today, we are probably going to get about 10 flakes of dandruff snow and we will be made to be pleased by that,

Small chance of something on Tuesday morning as the winds shift ENE, could be a 3-6hrs window for a streamer.

Other than that...my last post before this sums it up quite nicely. 0.

Edit - I had sleet about 45 minutes ago!

Admittedly, I think you may be right. Indeed there was snizzle blowing about in the wind at various periods in the early afternoon, but we also had sunshine! It's a letdown given the MO's forecast was generally light snow all day today (with some heavy spells potentially last night or this evening) but that has chopped and changed so many times within the last 2-3 days. Although it was consistent in it's persistent light snow forecast, which of course has not materalised.....at least yet. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS
9 minutes ago, Jason H said:

Signs that the low pressure is starting to pull away South Eastwards. Precipitation should start to pivot and the winds swing North Easterly then finally East North Easterly. Time to start looking for streamer set-ups.

Looks to me like the streamers are showing signs of lining up already.. 

Posted

I hear there is talk of a streamer? Any likely to form? 

Bit of a lull in the snow here in Crawley for the last hour. 

BBC going for continuous snow from now till tomorrow afternoon whilst met office saying there will be nothing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
4 minutes ago, Honey said:

Am I right in thinking of the wind direction shifts more east than north east we have a better chance of a streamer type scenario setting up for north Kent ?

You are, I think Medway has a much better chance overnight than any point today 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, UKSupercell said:

Admittedly, I think you may be right. Indeed there was snizzle blowing about in the wind at various periods in the early afternoon, but we also had sunshine! It's a letdown given the MO's forecast was generally light snow all day today (with some heavy spells potentially last night or this evening) but that has chopped and changed so many times within the last 2-3 days. Although it was consistent in it's persistent light snow forecast, which of course has not materalised.....at least yet. 

We've been stuck under some slight divergence looking at the winds which has killed off anything getting close to our area, hence why we've had some sunshine as well as its helped to break the cloud up a little.

That zone is going to shift out of the way eventually but the winds aren't favourable at all for our neck of the woods apart from a brief window on Monday night, early Tuesday morning.

Other than that we are going to be feeding off tiny weak convective lines which will basically be blown about and out of the way.

I still can't believe I had sleet though, shows how much damage has been done by the sunshine earlier.