Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

No sign of it settling here thats mad youre literally across the river from.me to my NE its even melted now quicker on cars and roofs than a hour ago!!

That’s strange! I haven’t the meteorological knowledge to know why that might be I’m afraid lol! Good luck tho still plenty of time.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

The bulk of the streams of heavy showers I saw on the BBC forecast this morning at about 1000 were well to the North of the SE (across the Midlands to Wales and the Peak District, etc.), with only a few smaller ones draped across the south.

Really ?? What are these then ?

snow.png

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

Thought you said it’s a Kent clipper lol

It is Lol, its a Mid Kent Clipper which runs down the Coast of Suffolk, Essex and through Mid Kent

What part of that dont you understand ??

Must send you some books on Airflows and basic Meteorology as you struggle even with Storms in the summer as well. You can learn this stuff online you know

F14573B6-2CA6-46D4-A1B4-4F7AA1B065B3.jpeg

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Heavier burst again. MarvellousF14573B6-2CA6-46D4-A1B4-4F7AA1B065B3.thumb.jpeg.e5a71080f6ba1a0ee67421ebda06b74d.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

IMO, it's the intermittent brightening of the sky that is impeding settling, and once the sun starts to set, surfaces will readily freeze over... We are, after all, more than halfway to the Vernal Equinox?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Had heavyish big fluffy flakes for an hour or so now light little flakes. Radar grab, looks to be more to come...hopefully!

Screenshot_20210207-115823_Messenger Lite.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
1 minute ago, Darkcloud said:

My little girls first snow! Bless her, she kept watching the fat flakes and then pouncing on them as they landed!

20210207_110911.jpg

What a beautiful cat  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, danm said:

It’s all gone a bit meh over London in the last hour or so, however radar returns south of Norwich are intensifying and moving SW:

6B86C232-B44B-41F3-9601-8E375DB2B88A.thumb.jpeg.b30daeb492699a94adf8f15ca6d5029c.jpeg

Beat me to it, you can clearly see the energy moving into this streamer now. Looks like the meto prediction has hit the nail on the head.

B3322775-1376-4958-9149-E9A8506CAE96.png

Posted
6 minutes ago, danm said:

It’s all gone a bit meh over London in the last hour or so, however radar returns south of Norwich are intensifying and moving SW:

The heavier radar returns near Ipswich are also pushing further west than before:

You can actually see the bands starting to already become a little more discrete on the front edge there.

Also if you look at 2hrs ago and compare it to now I don't think it can be denied that the system is starting to weaken when looking at it overall. This process will slowly continue as it starts to become dominated by the stronger convective bands. which will then give a short burst of snowfall for those further west which won't be giving too much as the bands further west outside of that heavy zone are pretty modest at this point and there is no obvious reason why it would get more intense at this point unless an embedded streamer kicks in, which as of yet no real sign.

Posted

Just for Steve as he really struggles with this

When the Wind is from the NE or NNE you get a Kent Clipper or a Mid Kent Streamer.

When its from the ENE you get the Thames Streamer

The clue is where the wind comes from

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Matty J said:

Really suprised that the roads and paths are still just soaking wet. Everywhere else is covered and it’s pretty heavy here again now.

Even when had a dusting a few weeks back the roads and paths covered easily ??‍♂️

Same here. Maybe it's a bit of residual warmth left in the concrete surfaces as it has been fairly mild with little frost over the last week. If the temp drops a little bit more and or the intensity picks up a bit it should start to settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
6 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Here's hoping the small Uxbridge gang on here can see something a bit more intense throughout the day! 

Looks a certain thing.. patients needed..

32D4FB00-CF79-4ADC-B82D-089485981F5B.png

F45DD07F-5367-481C-AD48-DA7209221DED.png

• Like 2

Posted

Just gone in from my walk - 10k in the end - that'll suffice. One thing that is noticeable is at height - its seemed to me to be more powdery in nature than towards the lower part of Folkestone town especially the seafront which had more wet snow than anything. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Light snow here now. Temperatures seem to be dropping back towards 1c now, IF this continues later on I think things could start to get more interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.

Bit of a frustrating day here really. Been snowing all morning but very light. Small amounts settling on windward facing sides but nothing on the ground. It's simply too wet.

The heavier stuff seems to be passing just to the east of here (Southend/Leigh) but moving in a NE > SW direction.  I keep looking at the radar for signs of westward movement. It seems to be a little bit, but I'm not sure if it's simply hope vs reality!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers

Ok, getting a tiny bit concerned with the refusal to stick on pavements & roads now, other than the temperature being only just at zero (and I know it's gonna drop a little bit more still too) are there any other factors at play here...I've seen snow settle on wet ground before easily so it can't just be that either??

• Like 1