Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Sudden uptick in intensity on the radar to the east and northeast, the band seems to really be getting its act together, and it's still marching West. Really coming down in Clacton-on-Sea now, getting heavier by the minute.

• Like 1

Posted

Well what went wrong?.. was hoping to wake up to a least a few cm of snow.. nothing but rain as I speak. and net weather radar saying it should be snowing. 

So i supposed a lesson learnt here... IL keep to what Alexa says from now on, she's been bang on so far this week  and today occasional rain, snow flurries later.

I don't know, you forecasters lot and all your models and little dot in my corner out performs million pounds worth of computers 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning. Woken up to this in the centre of Folkestone. Didn't think it would be laying just yet based on numerous reports, so if it's doing that here - I will be very intrigued by what it's doing up towards my old mother's place at the bottom of Dover Hill. Not to mention Hawkinge especially. 

Pleasantly surprised. Hope you all get what's deserved. 

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, masked_firefly said:

Hello fellow Kesgravian! I'm also in Kesgrave

Got a very eager 10 year old wanting to test his new sledge out. Hope we can get it to settle out there!.

Howdy neighbour. My 8 year old is looking forward to sledging on the heath as soon as the snow is thick enough. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun or heat
3 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Models for us still look relatively decent despite the radar so I'm holding out hope!

Plus I told everyone on Facebook snow was coming so... 

Snap, feeling pretty sheepish now ha ha, that gap is more impressive than what was expected really!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

Yep it's a shame that it wasn't mangled in 1940. I'm not originally from here. I'm an east Kent man of old

Pity about eastern side of Canterbury city though. Still that was the Luftwaffe Baedeker raids for you! Used to live in Penenden Heath which I liked 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning all

Hope you got some sleep! Woken to the birds singing, rain has stopped and the temps are dropping! 

im guessing looking at the expected course of the PPN it’s not going to get this far west! I saw a bit of snow 2 weeks ago so that’s ok! 
Going to make a big roast today and maybe a sponge pudding and custard so all ok! 

id like to see some snow fall but who knows really! have a good day!

Farnham, Surrey 

Temp 2.6

dp 1.6 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, SHM040519 said:

East Kent really is beautiful, each town is so different! Quirky Margate, peaceful whitstable and historical canterbury! Still a whiteout here, pavements and road slowly caving in and going white.

Yes but I  grew up in Hythe, which is the most lovely town in Kent end of. And it used to snow there 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Finally ❄☃️

• Like 3

Posted

Well it’s all rather disappointing. Did think there might be a dusting here but only now do we have a few flakes in the wind. We will see how the day pans out. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Southender said:

It’s coming....flakes now falling here Paul.

It's gunna take a year at this intensity to make a thimble sized snowman 

That wind though Jeeeez

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freak

I actually kept having really vivid nightmares that I was going to wake up to rain last night, I will never admit that to anyone but you guys! I have maybe an inch of very fine snow here so far, so relieved to wake to white! 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Surrey said:

7am to now compare.. 

Screenshot_20210207_074607_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.4dd8fa613a53eb20a96115bae1fcf909.jpg Screenshot_20210207_074615_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b356bab63746099906595859ea41c1aa.jpg

Good god it’s close! Come to Cambridge and surprise us! 

Posted

10 mins of heavy snow now going to need this for atleast 3/4 hours to start building a foundation to lay a good amount I would think 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Looking at the current radar + the high res models this is my rough estimate. We're not quite done with the westerly extent yet, quietly confident the heavier precip will setup roughly in the biggest box.

ME.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Later today really is going to be a case of seeing how that band behave as the models show this breaking up into bands. I can see why those in the west are forecast to be dry. I can see the edge of the frontal band and the convection underneath at the moment is shallow (stratus). That said at least then cloud is broken enough to probably allow a little sunshine.

Posted
1 minute ago, Bazza118 said:

Well it’s all rather disappointing. Did think there might be a dusting here but only now do we have a few flakes in the wind. We will see how the day pans out. 

Very disappointed here. Is that band moving east now