Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Hi Paul.

Why do you say Essex and Suffolk on the no snow list? Snowing in Suffolk and 0.6C now (down from 1.0C at 5.30am). Radar also now starting to show some heavier precip appearing off the coast of Suffolk and Essex. Not still all to play for?

I wouldn't pay much attention to anyone saying anything definite. We're a few hours into an extended period of snow, no-one knows anything about whether we will or won't get snow. Especially with convection etc etc.

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

You’re not looking at radar well enough. 

Ah ok

Thanks for that, thought I knew what I was doing all these years. Must go back and learn radar thanks

Any ideas of amounts for me then by say noon ? Seeing as I have no clue how to read radar some advice would be nice. 

could you help me with whats going on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Expected to see a winter wonderland when I opened the curtains this morning. Nope, just a bit of sleety rain. Glad I didn’t stay up lamp post watching, though tbh that wasn’t going to happen with the amount of I downed last night

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Can see why they put an amber for this section of Kent.

Wind is truly blowing a huge gale.

Hi Jamie. Ramsgate here. Yea I reckon it's only just beginning 

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Absolutely classic. People writing off an event right at the start No patience! You only have to look at the radar to see it won’t be a non-event ?? 

It's what you would expect from a nursery school playground.

Funny to read but gets frustrating after a while.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, winterfreak said:

Im still waiting for the "bitter' temperatures... Think some furious turd polishing will be going on later though i'm more than happy to be proved wrong!

Temperature and dewpoint should fall within the next couple of hours

But, I'm not sure we are in the sweet spot this time unlike previous events 2013/2018

• Like 1

Posted

Let’s have the discussion about who was right after the event shall we. It’s literally hours after it was meant to start snowing. It’s delayed. It’ll happen. Just look at the radar over the last hour. More pinks, more intensity and filling in over the west. Keep the faith. 

AEC65051-C338-466A-921F-ECDDD4A4476C.jpeg

D93F3C71-CF0E-4200-84D8-D5C1ECAFBBE5.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowblizzard said:

Updated BBC forecast Susan Powell

Still going for significant snowfalls across SE through Sunday

Streamers Monday although probably not in SE!

The BBC are using really old data  they are sometimes up to 24hours behind the times

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ah ok

Thanks for that, thought I knew what I was doing all these years. Must go back and learn radar thanks

Any ideas of amounts for me then by say noon ? Seeing as I have no clue how to read radar some advice would be nice. 

Clear to see Paul. 5am and 6:20am.

798CF806-960E-4298-BD67-3E7122D9ED80.thumb.png.d3dae4ddbfb7e032b54e774046f1ca89.png487A8355-22D3-49F5-878A-F81A1FFB0234.thumb.png.b37a5077f7879b90e358480e3eb7f8cd.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Absolutely classic. People writing off an event right at the start No patience! You only have to look at the radar to see it won’t be a non-event ?? 

It's been moved back and back. Its great to sit where you are and scoff at others but, if you're honest, it's hardly the 'day after tomorrow scenario' which some other members tout. You'd have to be a bit thick to believe we were getting that but it's pretty poor thus far. You can't blame others scepticism, not the first time a talked up 'event' turns out to be a wet fart...

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ah ok

Looks like a few things number one sea modification of temps around the coast was probably slightly under done for the start of the event but coming down nicely now... Places in Kent seeing snow and settling now

System delayed slightly judging by running through the high res this morning and comparing them to the radar.. Position seems to be the same although I have not checked properly across Europe and the state of play with the system in full... 

Will look now 

• Like 1

Posted

Infact this delay due to it being further north could actually benefit those who are complaining, keep the faith people❄

• Like 1

Posted

I think the disappointing aspect for many is probably the temps and dewpoints.

Hopefully this is just a delay - the radar is actually stonking now - at 3am it looked like the whole was fizzling out.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

Clear to see Paul. 5am and 6:20am.

798CF806-960E-4298-BD67-3E7122D9ED80.thumb.png.d3dae4ddbfb7e032b54e774046f1ca89.png487A8355-22D3-49F5-878A-F81A1FFB0234.thumb.png.b37a5077f7879b90e358480e3eb7f8cd.png

So thats strange as my radar has nothing north of Clacton wtf ??

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

It's been moved back and back. Its great to sit where you are and scoff at others but, if you're honest, it's hardly the 'day after tomorrow scenario' which some other members tout. You'd have to be a bit thick to believe we were getting that but it's pretty poor thus far. You can't blame others scepticism, not the first time a talked up 'event' turns out to be a wet fart...

6.30am on Sunday and people are writing off an event that has barely started and is set to last at least a week. That’s what’s thick. Happens every time. People are desperate to have a moan, knock forecasters and write things off immediately.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted

Ok I take back my previous concerns about Clacton. There appears to be a mid level circulation over NW France which is pivoting the axis of the precip quite quickly towards the East Anglian coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)
1 minute ago, Coopsy said:

Let’s have the discussion about who was right after the event shall we. It’s literally hours after it was meant to start snowing. It’s delayed. It’ll happen. Just look at the radar over the last hour. More pinks, more intensity and filling in over the west. Keep the faith. 

AEC65051-C338-466A-921F-ECDDD4A4476C.jpeg

D93F3C71-CF0E-4200-84D8-D5C1ECAFBBE5.jpeg

I’m STILL. not convinced this will be as widespread as a lot of the hyperbole forecasts suggested.  Still time for that to change but I think there will be many disappointed people on here later.  Lots more chances to come for all in the coming days though that’s for sure. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Got much heavier in canterbury with some slight signs of it beginning to lay. Hopefully next hour or two will have a nice covering! The wind is very strong! Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, EML Network said:

Your using the wromg radar, its not getting to us. I can see a stramer setting up around seaford area though...they always seem to be in the sweet spot there.

Im giving up on this, total non event AGAIN

I know the feeling ! 

What radar do you use ? Thanks EML Network

Posted
Just now, Easily sled said:

I’m STILL. not convinced this will be as widespread as a lot of the hyperbole forecasts suggested.  Still time for that to change but I think there will be many disappointed people on here later.  Lots more chances to come for all in the coming days though that’s for sure. 

And I think that’s a fair comment - there’s always that concern. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

All of a sudden from 75% rain 25% sleet were now at the opposite and its more intense in Gravesend  temp 1.9c has remained steady for last 25mins since I've been home

• Like 1