Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Yes for regions to the West of London. The Met Office only has intermittent light snow now.

I'd not worry about those apps at all frankly at this point.

Stick with what the radar is showing you and compare to what the high resolution models are showing at the time. That will be the way forward from now on.

I *strongly* suspect a Thames streamer will set up at some point within the next 72hrs, the exact angle of the wind will determine the exact zone of highest risk but I've seen enough hints (and thats all it will be at this distance in time) to suggests its a realistic possibility. May only have an hour or two lead in time to know its going to happen and the models may well miss it even then.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, danm said:

Yep I’m not expecting huge amounts from the front here, although we’re far enough east to hopefully get some. The showers/streamers are the big unknown at the moment and could deliver a lot potentially, so long as we have more of a E/ENE element. Could also deliver

Im hoping we get a lot of convection kicking off across the region rather than one or two narrow bands. 

We want a cheeky Feb 2015 style streamer to smash the Forest, albeit in absolutely Baltic temperatures

Posted
1 minute ago, NewEra21 said:

The cold is getting almighty close....

IMG_20210206_175331.jpg

Yes, I did notice on one of the hi res models showing some early ppn around 2am for our region which was showing as snow as today's rain clears, not sure if there would be enough to settle though..

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

I'd not worry about those apps at all frankly at this point.

Stick with what the radar is showing you and compare to what the high resolution models are showing at the time. That will be the way forward from now on.

I *strongly* suspect a Thames streamer will set up at some point within the next 72hrs, the exact angle of the wind will determine the exact zone of highest risk but I've seen enough hints (and thats all it will be at this distance in time) to suggests its a realistic possibility. May only have an hour or two lead in time to know its going to happen and the models may well miss it even then.

How are we looking Kold. IM over in Godalming about 10 miles towards the snow from you.  Im thinking our best changes are 8am to Noon tomorrow ?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

All this talk of downgrades , I’m sorry I’m just not seeing one .  Here is euro 4 out to the end . 

033C66F6-ACDD-4869-A41A-98FDADD94593.png

Can you find me any other hi res that shows that kind of widespread ppn?  As I can't...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
10 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m just off long lane so classed as Uxbridge ( Hillingdon crew) ✋

North hill kill.. an all that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

All this talk of downgrades , I’m sorry I’m just not seeing one .  Here is euro 4 out to the end . 

033C66F6-ACDD-4869-A41A-98FDADD94593.png

Yep, I think some are expecting too much from later tonight. It's once those showers get going from later tomorrow that will bring a lot more people into the game!

• Like 1

Posted

Well in my nearly 20 years on this forum I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect this part of london over the next few days - seen to many busts over the years to know not to go into ramp or tell the kids yet 

fingers crossed we all get something over the next few days 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
12 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m just off long lane so classed as Uxbridge ( Hillingdon crew) ✋

Harefield road Uxbridge.. near the nick

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

Im hoping we get a lot of convection kicking off across the region rather than one or two narrow bands. 

I think at first there will be plenty of convection but probably will band pretty quickly and spread westwards. Exact angle and speed of that transference depends on the exact location of the low between 900-700hpa. The further south it is the quicker we shift into a ENE. If it stays further north it keeps a more ENE for the wash area and keeps the winds over the SE more NE which favours Kent and Suffolk, etc.

So basically, if your in Kent, maybe E.Sussex, SW/WSW of the wash and Suffolk you want a moderately more northern low. If your inland to any great extent (London, Surrey, W.Sussex, Hampshire) then you'll want it to be a touch further south as that introduces a ENE wind faster and also forces the showers out east inland faster on Sunday, combined with the streamer risk obviously.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Cod Massala Curry with Rice for us 

Home made recipe blooming luverly

Ragu here and a nice glass of vino.

• Like 1

Posted

Reading 25-30CM with big drifts and heavy winds for you lot in the east of the region I’m not jealous at all I’ll be happy with 5cm here, haven’t seen any lying snow since 2017 I think 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, Mr_Pessimistic said:

Can you find me any other hi res that shows that kind of widespread ppn?  As I can't...

Sure Harmonie is quite widespread too , Granted not as much depth but it runs out 6 hours less but the theme is the same .

8CB538F3-FD99-47E6-B54D-60120B425797.png

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Downpour said:

We want a cheeky Feb 2015 style streamer to smash the Forest, albeit in absolutely Baltic temperatures

Jan 2013 was one of the best. We were up in High beach all day sledging. 
it snow all day, had about 8 or 9 inches of snow and my dog was pulling by daughter on her sledge.

22F3471C-0EBD-48E4-B3F0-6AE103CFC388.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Is it wrong to have the sheep all fed and happy, wine open and be beyond excited.  Very best of luck everyone.  Lamb and Pork defrosting for a mega roast dinner tomorrow as the flakes fall......   That's without the roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and various condiments.... and the pigs in blankets.. I'll see myself out.  Contentment overload.

Edited by Sidsnake
Add words
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
26 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

No, look at this

anim_vxc1.gif.6de5e05e08d3e4ac953e52a8fa

I think that IS a downgrade on what we've seen being talked about. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Ragu here and a nice glass of vino.

Korean noodles and a can of Irn Bru, for me...

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Chilli con carne here, turned out lovely.

The first batch of rain is moving through here. Touch and go whether any more precipitation arrives here before the showers arrive later tomorrow.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
Just now, john mac1 said:

Jan 2013 was one of the best. We were up in High beach all day sledging. 
it snow all day, had about 8 or 9 inches of snow and my dog was pulling by daughter on her sledge.

22F3471C-0EBD-48E4-B3F0-6AE103CFC388.jpeg

I was living in Ealing in those days. Remember a great day up on Horsenden Hill. That was that weird French system that tracked almost due north across the Channel as I recall? Great event. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
2 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Reading 25-30CM with big drifts and heavy winds for you lot in the east of the region I’m not jealous at all I’ll be happy with 5cm here, haven’t seen any lying snow since 2017 I think 

That all? 2010 here, it's been over 10 years since I've seen anything decent. A dusting here or there, but very poor overall.  Hence my signature :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Time to bale out!

Trolls, negativity, pessimism.... can’t deal with it.... but I’ve been waiting for it! 

I’ve been happy for everyone else the last few weeks, seeing their photos and happiness...... hopefully our time now after two years of nothing! 

But time to get out of here and will rely on window watching! Thanks guys who have been excited and made this a great forum the last 48 hours! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

Chilli con carne here, turned out lovely.

The first batch of rain has moved through here. Touch and go whether any more precipitation arrives here before the showers arrive later tomorrow.

Snap!