Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose not really weather related but I just wanted to say thank you all so much.  I've really really enjoyed following the posts today.  I am awaiting Open Heart Surgery sometime this year and you

Oh my f**king god. How many times does it need saying? 1. The amber doesn't expire until tomorrow midday 2. Widespread heavy showers & streamers are going to follow later, tonight,

Evening. Here's my estimated #snow depths for England and Wales that I expect until noon on Monday, using a blend of high resolution models.

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 15c (the sunnier the better!)
    15 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Shift in the wind noticeable here with temperature readings,

8.7c to 8.0c 

image.thumb.png.edab138ec70c69571c00922551225e8c.png image.thumb.png.7b7ba1b582c74538fc43b68ca15efc38.png

Good afternoon, ah yes the first sign! 

May I ask whether the data hhere is from a person weather station or a public website? I used to use weathercast but it's now changed. Please don't feel like you need to respond if you're busy haha, thought I'd ask 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
    27 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

Just moved recently and hadn't marked out the designated lamppost. Schoolboy error. Just spotted the one I'll be using. Can relax again. 

It was one of the first things I noticed here when I moved in. A lampost just outside the bedroom window 😊

• Like 3
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, Mr_Pessimistic said:

Well the met app was showing 4hrs of heavy snow for Sunday this morning, then it changed to just 1hr heavy snow Sunday!   Now it shows 11hrs of heavy snow, plus 4hrs heavy on Monday too!   I'm ALMOST starting to believe I might get a couple of inches here in north Suffolk!

You’ll be changing your username at this rate! 😂😂

• Like 4
    Posted

Question now is how early can the rain turn to snow, would like a dusting for the main stuff to lie on would be great

Posted
    4 minutes ago, Always Upsidedown said:

I will be interested to see how this snow depth chart would look if were to be updated right now. I suspect a significant downgrade. I hope not but certainly for my area near Stansted i cant help feeling that snow depths will be o more than 3-4cm by the end of Sunday.

image.png

I’d be shocked if that’s all you get.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
    2 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Question now is how early can the rain turn to snow, would like a dusting for the main stuff to lie on would be great

Not until midnight atleast

Posted
    1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

I’d be shocked if that’s all you get.

I really hope that you are correct. Maybe i am just being a bit glass half fullish. Speaking of which Rugby starts soon so better get a glass of something sorted out.

• Like 3
    Posted
    9 minutes ago, Long haul to mild said:

Noticed this earlier; big difference in the lying snow amounts between the 18z and 03z UKV.

Accumulations on 03z in EA small and only near the Suffolk and Essex coast, whereas North Kent gets plastered. 

Rogue run or a trend? I suspect these charts aren’t necessarily to be relied on, hence the mention of experimental but that’s quite a big change.

86EA45CC-C67E-44EF-98E2-51410584612F.thumb.png.bb176b068fcb669c37d747628f6b947b.png7C74F664-D630-473E-BC7E-D083AC026F9B.thumb.png.cf5c4b86e06a6766b1ce0bbdb0d7febd.png

Goodness me, that looks dire for the majority 

• Like 1
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, Long haul to mild said:

Noticed this earlier; big difference in the lying snow amounts between the 18z and 03z UKV.

Accumulations on 03z in EA small and only near the Suffolk and Essex coast, whereas North Kent gets plastered. 

Rogue run or a trend? I suspect these charts aren’t necessarily to be relied on, hence the mention of experimental but that’s quite a big change.

86EA45CC-C67E-44EF-98E2-51410584612F.thumb.png.bb176b068fcb669c37d747628f6b947b.png7C74F664-D630-473E-BC7E-D083AC026F9B.thumb.png.cf5c4b86e06a6766b1ce0bbdb0d7febd.png

Poor if not very poor charts. Would be a complete bust for our region if those came off. 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, WheresTheSnow said:

Goodness me, that looks dire for the majority 

Can’t be right - anyway that run is nearly 12 hours old now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Afternoon all , is it still looking like 1 am for the turn ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
    7 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Good afternoon, ah yes the first sign! 

May I ask whether the data hhere is from a person weather station or a public website? I used to use weathercast but it's now changed. Please don't feel like you need to respond if you're busy haha, thought I'd ask 

image.thumb.png.fda0fd74f296fc3dc6c4d85199e87b7c.png

It's from my station setup in the garden. MeteoShield accuracy apparently is better than a Stevenson screen.

WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!
    1 minute ago, gooner265 said:

Afternoon all , is it still looking like 1 am for the turn ?

It was showing the sleet starting at 1am here, but checked just now and it's been brought forward to 11pm so maybe it's arriving a tad earlier? 

• Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

Rain has just nudged in from the east here in SE Kent and with it a small drop in temperature. So hard to believe it’ll snow tomorrow when it’s like this now!

BE5AB2DF-6606-42DF-9547-1C03C24165B6.thumb.jpeg.e23bbce92c7b759b2f9dd19bbda05d9f.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers
    5 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Would be interesting to see what the more recent runs showed, but I haven’t been able to find them posted anywhere yet.

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Fingers crossed. I am becoming borderline obsessed in the hope  that the models are incorrect in the amount of snow for my part of the world tomorrow , no matter how unlikely that is 😂

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I've just been out and bought a garden floodlight so I can lamppost watch from the back room, otherwise I get up and down every few minutes to look out the front!

• Like 5
    Posted

The highlands today. If only eh!!!!!

90F51817-D311-4E2E-9164-A3F7AAD0ED93.jpeg

B0F6DF12-953F-4648-8F08-12B9174935DD.jpeg

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days
    2 hours ago, Delka said:

On the other hand, if this came off remotely like this for norfolk i’m going to pretend i never had my little moan.. please please please pull through!

Won't need much with the winds forecast, won't need much to drift about

Posted

Lots of talk and panic buying at Tesco maldon currently, although hearing conversations from colleagues and customers no one actually believes it will snow lol

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days

Do you guys think Brighton will get snow tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I promised last time a spell like this was imminent not to obsess over the MO APP snow symbols but I can’t help myself! Anyone else have the same, rather pathetic, problem? Now has me down for light snow all the way from 4am tomorrow to 9pm Monday.

• Like 1