Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Possibly wrong thread but not sure I understand the logic of Meto putting a snow warning out on Friday through to Wednesday and then on text forecast say mainly dry Wednesday. 

Why even issue any warnings for Wednesday when even today the warnings are very likely to be adjusted for Sunday. 

In many ways even the warning for Tuesday possibly a little dubious for the entire region splattered with the warning.

Edited by Hammer
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, clark3r said:

Euro 4 is my favourite model at the moment, why? Because it gives me a pasting of snow ❄️ ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ I don’t know it’s accuracy though 

HA! Its probably everyone's favorite model at the moment.. It brings a risk for everyone.. Doesn't mean its right..far from it.. 

It will be radar from here on out now.. I don't expect huge changes on the 06z or 12z runs maybe some minor West East North South shifts to be expected.. 

The reason I like the Euro4 is as kold says its starting to highlight convection areas of PPN better than most other models. Its tieing in very well with the met Office warnings and its a very respected model..

But let's keep our fingers crossed and I pray we all have a decent wintry spell and everyone gets in on it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Possibly wrong thread but not sure I understand the logic of Meto putting a snow warning out on Friday through to Wednesday and then on text forecast say mainly dry Wednesday. 

Why even issue any warnings for Wednesday when even today the warnings are very likely to be adjusted for Sunday. 

In many way even the warning for Tuesday possibly a little dubious for the entire region splattered with the warning.

Snow and ice warning so assume it’s to cover the freeze the last couple of days, also showers coming in off the North Sea are something that could just pop up and give another couple of Cm’s and of course streamers aren’t out the question Tuesday and Wednesday so I assume it’s to just cover themselves 

Posted

Has anyone else noticed that the beeb forecasts, national and SE on Sunday show temps of +2 or 3c? In my experience that means snow NOT settling!? Why are they showing such high temps? 

Posted

Well, tomorrow morning is looking positive in Reigate...

The met office app also suggests that below freezing temperatures to continue here until Friday morning now!

98502EAD-6285-4E84-950A-7B0628760C4A.png

0FE57229-3174-4349-BB92-FCFBCC67E62F.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
Just now, Dazza9525 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the beeb forecasts, national and SE on Sunday show temps of +2 or 3c? In my experience that means snow NOT settling!? Why are they showing such high temps? 

I think Paul's mentioned this in past but the BBC have a habit of boosting forecast temps a good 2/3°C higher than they should be in winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
Just now, Dazza9525 said:

BBC are very behind, they haven’t updated my local page in 2 days, I wouldn’t really pay attention to them to be honest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
3 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

I think Paul's mentioned this in past but the BBC have a habit of boosting forecast temps a good 2/3°C higher than they should be in winter. 

I think the beeb do this because they WANT it to be!!!

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

Snow and ice warning so assume it’s to cover the freeze the last couple of days, also showers coming in off the North Sea are something that could just pop up and give another couple of Cm’s and of course streamers aren’t out the question Tuesday and Wednesday so I assume it’s to just cover themselves 

Sure but why not issue a more coherent warning for example issue just an ice warning closer to the time and therefore with more accuracy. Trying not to be to hard on them but just seems a little lazy.

Edited by Hammer
Error

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Well a beautifully cold and foggy morning as a precursor for (hopefully) some snowy times ahead. Have been checking temps since before sunrise and delighted to see that temp and dp have dropped in the past couple of hours: T -0.2°C / DP -0.3°C

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dazza9525 said:

Sundays temperatures are going to be totally dependent on whether you have either 

1: decent snow coverage on the ground (doesn;t have to be deep, just not patchy).

2: If your under the snow showers are a reasonably constant pace.

2-3c maybe possible in areas without either of those two, though 0-1c looks more realistic to me. Come Monday and I don't expect anywhere to be above 0c.

• Thanks 2

Posted
Just now, winterfreak said:

Even Central London will struggle to get much above freezing - the BBC forecasts are crud. I’d love to get a partial refund on my TV licence fee!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dazza9525 said:

That’s because they always do the temperatures I. Urban areas which are typically warmer - but I think they are overdoing it!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
7 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

I think that extends to these forums too. We'd all prefer to see what we want to see, especially with regards snow totals and can be dismissive of other data if it's not what we want to see.

That's human nature

Edited by Speedbird
added 'not'
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything exciting.
16 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

What's the darker desk pink mean. As I've no scale.

Big hail in Braintree 

Posted
1 minute ago, Speedbird said:

I think that extends to these forums too. We'd all prefer to see what we want to see, especially with regards snow totals and can be dismissive of other data if it's what we want to see.

That's human nature

True - but they are pros!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
Just now, Djdazzle said:

True - but they are pros!

i wouldn't go that far

• Like 1

Posted

Thoughts on adjustments to Meto warnings for Sunday a little later. Adjustment to Amber northern edge southwards perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
32 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well the EURO4 00Z out and its still peachy in fact.. brings forward the transition in some places and brings more people in the Western edges into the game

Still very much in line with Met office warnings

953429641_SAT8PM.thumb.gif.bc0adeacecd62b632c1baf058b06e01b.gif 672032129_SAT10PM.thumb.gif.4dfb504958d18b5262cd2079fcdc282a.gif1320725716_SAT00AM.thumb.gif.ac55be0f95b06443635ef9d97cda9162.gif 351303171_SUN8AM.thumb.gif.6bc96c2a9a57e1a4ae41b69b6b9e402b.gif 

1161824636_SUN12PM.thumb.gif.76fe4c891af6669f47c1c94558e4544e.gif 1380793053_SUN12PM.thumb.gif.8cb9190b046cdd80b6fcf00eb55a5a2b.gif  930259371_SUN9PM.thumb.gif.2900a9d64da25cb86a2d4d6046346cf9.gif

1306796300_TOTALSEURO4.thumb.png.88b297433602d3777715291a0385d911.png

Am I reading those right that a snow band could move through on Sat before the main event? (i.e. snow - rain - snow. )