Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
58 minutes ago, greenhithe said:

does not look good for looks like the snow stays in the north, complete change since yesterday i wonder if the forcast wil flip back for us to have snow

Are you looking at last weekend's runs ?

Posted

Have they ever tried regional model threads. You often feel the one model thread derails in to upgrade, downgrade and confusion especially in advance of a cold spell, moreso due to location. It then becomes harder to follow.

Difficult one for the owners, SE and EA members outnumber the other regions I would guess, so perhaps those other regions would feel like they lose some good input and lose interest if no single model thread anymore and vice versa to an extent obviously some great input from those outside SE and EA.

Posted
1 hour ago, greenhithe said:

does not look good for looks like the snow stays in the north, complete change since yesterday i wonder if the forcast wil flip back for us to have snow

Nothing has changed really in regards models at least from yesterday. Today's 12z important for weekend confidence as are indeed tomorrow's. 

Posted

Don’t know if anyone uses the Dark sky weather app but that so far show doesn’t show a hint of any snow. Usually pretty good their forecasts. Be interesting to see when and if they come on board. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Don’t know if anyone uses the Dark sky weather app but that so far show doesn’t show a hint of any snow. Usually pretty good their forecasts. Be interesting to see when and if they come on board. 

Yeah, that will be interesting although often I find their rain forecasts are a bit iffy.  Forecast for the next few hours shows just overcast then rain suddenly arrives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Interesting MO update. It says last updated early morning but I’m sure the wording’s changed since then.

Seems quite a bullish upgrade to me, “very cold” mentioned which I’m sure wasn’t the case this morning. What’s also striking is there’s been much talk (from the usual suspects) of this being a brief cold snap but the MO seem to be seeing cold right throughout the whole of Feb. Sure, some will scoff at the reliability of the MO but I’ve found their mid and long rangers this winter pretty damn accurate thus far.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
40 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Pigeons trying to trash my broccoli plants. Will have to rig up a Chris Packham scarecrow. That should put them off. He certainly puts me off.  

Bloody pigeons, they rip everything to shreds. When I had my allotment, I basically had to net everything. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Bloody pigeons, they rip everything to shreds. When I had my allotment, I basically had to net everything. 

Got a few that have decided they like the area, bloody things are a menace, I used to have all sorts of birds on the decking, and in the trees, now I have nothing, as these pests scare them away, can't put anything out, as these greedy shizers just eat the lot in 30 seconds, anyway, I have drizzle

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Snipper said:

The Dark sky weather app is owned by apple and use the GFS for their forecasts ( hence the no snow for the SE at present) let’s hope that changes in the next hour or so

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

After a wet start, its now glorious sunshine and quite mild, can we keep this please, no more rain, dont need the snow, just warm sunshine to dry everything up and lift the spirits, wishful thinking I know.

We have sun and mist here. Probably fog later if it stays clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
29 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Interesting MO update. It says last updated early morning but I’m sure the wording’s changed since then.

Seems quite a bullish upgrade to me, “very cold” mentioned which I’m sure wasn’t the case this morning. What’s also striking is there’s been much talk (from the usual suspects) of this being a brief cold snap but the MO seem to be seeing cold right throughout the whole of Feb. Sure, some will scoff at the reliability of the MO but I’ve found their mid and long rangers this winter pretty damn accurate thus far.

yes, they used the term 'rather cold' yesterday' which, itself, replaced 'very cold' from Sundays update

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Have they ever tried regional model threads. You often feel the one model thread derails in to upgrade, downgrade and confusion especially in advance of a cold spell, moreso due to location. It then becomes harder to follow.

Difficult one for the owners, SE and EA members outnumber the other regions I would guess, so perhaps those other regions would feel like they lose some good input and lose interest if no single model thread anymore and vice versa to an extent obviously some great input from those outside SE and EA.

We can and do discuss them here. I think it's partly the reason for regionals. And to contain rows when somewhere gets weather, storms snow something unusual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter
52 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

yes, they used the term 'rather cold' yesterday' which, itself, replaced 'very cold' from Sundays update

Has to be one of the best long term forecasts i've ever read for Cold ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Got a few that have decided they like the area, bloody things are a menace, I used to have all sorts of birds on the decking, and in the trees, now I have nothing, as these pests scare them away, can't put anything out, as these greedy shizers just eat the lot in 30 seconds, anyway, I have drizzle

Shame about the other bird species. Wood pigeons seem to have vastly increased in number in recent years, or is that just my imagination? They are greedy and destructive, more than once I wished I had a shotgun on the allotment lol (and know how to use it!). Probably not a good look. In the end, I spent a lot on netting and could relax

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Writings on the wall now yet again for our region if snow is what you are looking for.

And to make it worse the same areas that have already seen huge amounts of snow this year look set to get more, whilst us here on the South Coast have to endure the very worst weather of all....cold, wet, damp miserableness.

Winter 2020/2021 has been the worst in my entire life for weather.

Roll on spring and summer im done with "winter" ...I mean a very long autumn

Edited by EML Network

Posted
8 minutes ago, EML Network said:

Writings on the wall now yet again for our region if snow is what you are looking for.

And to make it worse the same areas that have already seen huge amounts of snow this year look set to get more, whilst us here on the South Coast have to endure the very worst weather of all....cold, wet, damp miserableness.

To be fair, South Coast is prob one of the hardest places to get snow after the SW. I feel here in East Kent we are in prime location. HOPEFULLY!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
14 minutes ago, EML Network said:

That's based on GFS though...UKMO looks like it could give us some of the white stuff 7th with increasing cold though looks like the real deep cold and associated uppers and convectional stuff might be sliding away, we'll see what the ECM throws up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
3 minutes ago, MAF said:

RIP Capt. Sir Tom. I tip my hat to you

Stand down Sir Tom.  You have earnt your rest ♥️

• Like 6