Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days
1 minute ago, Aaron Roberts said:

They must be incompetent, Norfolk is pretty much flat isn't it? We drive up and down 1/4's in Yorkshire.

I'm glad you guys are getting snow!

Trust me, it may be flat but most people these days can't drive to the conditions.

Mostly walking pace shunts especially on new housing estates with twisty roads, you turn the steering wheel but car continues straight into kerb etc and breaks steering/suspension.

Despite the conditions people will still be demanding we pick their car up immediately and provide a courtesy car.

Our claims have been pretty much normal throughout lockdown which begs the question of how many people are flouting the rules, this weather will affect us for several weeks. The owners will be happy!

• Like 1

Morning guys light snow falling here again.. 

Incredible really we were on the edge of the main stuff yesterday and light snow all day although didn't settle a soild 10 hours of light snow.. 

Then that little band came through last night and gave us a bit of a dusting.. now light snow again... 

Everything now frozen solid and my DP is a cracking -4!

Hard to pin point any details today... Everyone is at risk of catching a shower or 2 and streamers etc.. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Well from the supposed 12 hours of snow the Met App and BBC forecast for my area , we just about managed enough snow to make a bowl of Cornflakes look like Frosties

• Like 1

Posted

Been up all night too excited to sleep, now getting ready for a long snowy walk  

• Like 2

EURO4 kinda picking out the shower activity... The AROME is... Very nice charts for the region... The actual met warnings now suggest quite widely 1-3cm with anyone caught under a streamer or streams of showers 5-10cm these are daily accumulations as well.. so by Wednesday some people in the East might be over 30cm!!

623265850_arome1.thumb.jpg.1c4bc96eb2a0384f702189a5cf0bb025.jpg1206237011_arome2.thumb.jpg.e021c022a6b08fc3bae348abdb08fa4e.jpg1374259124_arome3.thumb.jpg.12eddd416792de67064e46b3fcb05c0d.jpg976710410_arome4.thumb.jpg.dbd41e734b2457ab9db2a77b139977cd.jpg2073600291_arome5.thumb.jpg.69fcac924885e82b018c102c7d7329ad.jpg817999316_arome6.thumb.jpg.f0785c43bf56d9e86a57ee9eb4aca761.jpg

Is it being over active with the shower activity? I don't think so given the setup from today ..

-10 uppers and even some -12 uppers approaching stiff NE - E wind which becomes even more favourable through today  

The flow looks to become less favourable for showers from Wednesday morning as it veers round more northly.. So a solid 2 days of showers.. streamers and surprises.. 

ARPEGE SMELLING THE COFFEE

799699227_ARPEGE1.thumb.jpg.93575212aa707da1794a9438b15735b5.jpg1937414809_ARPEGE2.thumb.jpg.dad22ec0c951f3cc026b094719ff5399.jpg1800957015_ARPEGE3.thumb.jpg.e57a7498f2804077b1bf51d1fc092a9a.jpg8786770_ARPEGE4.thumb.jpg.78b06db1048503114af0c5432e503bd7.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like a few more cms has fallen overnight, the road and pavement now filled in. Snowing lightly now and the wind still blowing it around.

Another good update from the met office with chances of snow today, tomorrow and Friday. Drier Wednesday and Thursday.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Delka said:

Been up all night too excited to sleep, now getting ready for a long snowy walk  

Wow. Went to check the latest Euro4 update and saw this for fresh snow in Norfolk  

DBBCABF5-DA78-4B2C-90E8-93FE76487C62.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

It's crap here, too, though maybe a couple of inches has accumulated -- its not present on some surfaces (paths). So its shitey -- not enough to cause a snow day, but just enough to be bloody dangerous to travel in. I'd rather it either snowed properly, or not at all.

Edited by abovefreezing
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Wow. Went to check the latest Euro4 update and saw this for fresh snow in Norfolk  

While it wont look like that next run its not out of the realms of impossible in some places out east.. will be sheer pot luck where showers train better than over other areas... it will depend on the depth of convection and if we can get showers going like further north.. thats true north sea convection there 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Still coming down here , laying everywhere apart from the roads , it’s blowing around a bit so seems patchy in places .I’m hoping we can get a little more for people to enjoy but don’t want to be greedy  

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

i’m in the southern part of dereham so i’d be very happy if anything like this were to come off i wish! looking like an east 10cm+ fell overnight but i’ll update everyone once back from my walk 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Just went out for a walk - saw a couple of polar bears and a few brass monkeys!

It is frozen out there, that wind! Snow is in drifts with scoured sheet ice on the rest of the surfaces. Hoping for more snow to cover the ice and provide a walking surface!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just dug car out.

Worse once you get outside.

Showers intensified here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

How's this for a snow shield!

Screenshot_20210208-062827_Chrome-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.
14 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Oh to live just south of Derham!

Posted
6 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Don't be sorry, it's just snizzle, anyway. Nothing significant.

Was thinking the same thing! 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, stromanis said:

Looking good for the north of the region.

image.png.68ecbbe42c51aef2710f012eb3aac557.png

am i allowed to shout bank? ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
10 minutes ago, abovefreezing said:

Don't be sorry, it's just snizzle, anyway. Nothing significant.

3 minutes ago, Snowkim said:

Was thinking the same thing! 

Mizzle will take that snizzle as she's seen nothing yet!

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Surrey said:

While it wont look like that next run its not out of the realms of impossible in some places out east.. will be sheer pot luck where showers train better than over other areas... it will depend on the depth of convection and if we can get showers going like further north.. thats true north sea convection there 

Indeed. It does look a bit extreme but somewhere around that area could reach strike it big! It brings through a prolonged streamer that doesn’t move around very much.