Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The latest TFL jamcams have it now reaching Piccadilly Circus. Hopefully should be with me any minute.

tfljamcams.jpg
WWW.TFLJAMCAMS.NET

London Traffic JamCam Map - 900+ Real-Time TfL image/video feeds with Traffic Layer and Bus Stops. Ad-free and fast!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
1 hour ago, Blake Allen said:

Seems to be settling on Hastings Beach. Can see flakes falling from lampposts. More precip building heading that way.

SeaWithBoat.jpg
WWW.BEAMING.CO.UK

The Hastings coastal webcam takes in Hastings Pier, Hastings Old Town , Hastings Beach and the English Channel. Brought to you by Beaming, the business ISP.

I live about 2 miles inland from that webcam at a higher elevation and for practically the last 18=20 hours it's been an on/off snizzle fest here. I haven't seen anything I would consider describing as 'proper snow'  Just enough to give a light dusting to most surfaces. I'm surprised how light the winds have been as well. Still an interesting spell of weather though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
25 minutes ago, john w said:

Its interesting this, more than what was predicted...and there almost seems to be a more WSW component to it that I wasn't expecting. They will of course peter out as they head west, but seem to have NE/SW aligned bands pushing WSW to SW in places.

18z meto had a convergence zone ahead of the front and the flow perhaps just slightly more wsw than ssw. London generally could do very well a bit further west than the amber zone may intimate.

Ill watch 2 more radar frames then bed it I think. But may wake up to a bit more than the "dusting" I had resigned myself to. Will know in the next 2 frames or so I reckon.

image.thumb.png.7ded2f799c8a2bbe54b2824ce130dc30.png

So it perhaps is the upper cold front, looking at that, 

Posted
1 minute ago, Spraggyy said:

Just passed over me heading in your direction (I’m about 20 miles out) and it was quite heavy

Yeah I hope so. Thing is it looked very heavy and large at the point it went over you, whereas it's fizzled and changed shape now. It isn't a classic streamer formation - seems to have skidded on the ice and rotated and fragmented a bit. Hoping to see more consistent streamer action set up.

Posted

And it's just started snowing. Hopefully it will mean it this time!

Posted
Just now, wellington boot said:

Yeah I hope so. Thing is it looked very heavy and large at the point it went over you, whereas it's fizzled and changed shape now. It isn't a classic streamer formation - seems to have skidded on the ice and rotated and fragmented a bit. Hoping to see more consistent streamer action set up.

More of a front that’s a streamer I think ... streamer action will probably be tomorrow afternoon evening potentially ... more of a hunch than an educated guess

• Like 1

Posted

A bit heavier in the City

Posted

Got a bit of powder snow dropping out of the sky - mainly blowing around in the wind than accumulating. 

Frankly I've observed more powder going up peoples noses in a Soho pub on a Friday night. 

Disappointing how it has fizzled before it got here. Keeping an eye on the stuff coming from France / Belgium now 

• Like 1

Posted

The latest Fax petty much confirms the radar I think.

As I said earlier, think this will get a bit further west than perhaps thought.  That is, unless, the latest radar update is true and it really has vanished the whole lot in to thin air. 

If I had longer and no work tomoz I would stay up, but time calls it. enjoy what you all get (here it is windy, just had a very small bit of fine snow, but intermittant clouds and clear skies otherwise.)

image.thumb.png.59f26672817f429d80c6c3eed93e7813.png

Edited by john w
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, cookie27 said:

Kinda agree. Deffo part of Darcy than convection from the North Sea. Great also to see so much moisture in the North Sea, would be surprised if there were more surprises in the coming days. 

To be fair, the BBC forecast earlier did forecast something to come in around 2am, so good on them.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Got a bit of powder snow dropping out of the sky - mainly blowing around in the wind than accumulating. 

Frankly I've observed more powder going up peoples noses in a Soho pub on a Friday night. 

Disappointing how it has fizzled before it got here. Keeping an eye on the stuff coming from France / Belgium now 

this made me chuckle, where I am fizzle is a sorry term, storms from the south, snow from the north, north west, the "m4" snowline or the m3 stormline. Definitely some fizzling as it heads inland, to be expected. But I think there may be a few westward surprises by morning the more north of the region you are.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Instant settling 

It is here, falling on dry cold ground.!! Definitely inbound, just look at the sky.!!

6932AED6-D440-4A5C-890D-CDA5938558E3.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

If my location can just get under the stream, I might get an hour or two of powdery snow. Probably no more than a cm or two - but would be nice because now settling on roads and paths. 

It is literally about 5 miles from me and hasnt moved much in the last few frames. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun or heat

Scene in Medway at 2am... we have some BIG puddles from building work which seem to have frozen over too.

Hope we can pull in a bit more before the night is out! 

20210208_021502.jpg

Posted
Just now, spayne said:

It is here, falling on dry cold ground.!! Definitely inbound, just look at the sky.!!

6932AED6-D440-4A5C-890D-CDA5938558E3.jpeg

3-5cm I'd say for North london