Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

I suppose not really weather related but I just wanted to say thank you all so much.  I've really really enjoyed following the posts today.  I am awaiting Open Heart Surgery sometime this year and you have really taken my mind off things.  Thanks again everyone.  I really mean that.

You've just made the post of the year and it's only February

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

New streamer lining up!

• Like 1

Posted

From my Viewpoint out into the Estuary looking east can see some cracking snow showers drifting from North to South, sky keeps going orange behind the lights of Southend and can even see the fall streaks in the darkness of the Snow. So tantalisingly close but an area just between here and Herne is going to get clobbered for a while

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

So tantalisingly close but an area just between here and Herne is going to get clobbered for a while

That's the streamer moving through whitstable, there's another streamer coming into the far east, which is slowly moving west,south west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Latest Met Office forecast show snow showers continuing to stream into East Anglia and the SE overnight and Monday

It's not over yet! ❄️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Small flakes falking from a clear sky showing just how windy it is out there. No snow shovels required just yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Well this has to go down as the biggest let down ever for down here.

A whole week spent getting excited for absolutely nothing.

Ive seen more 'white' on the ground on a frosty October morning than I hsve on the ground here and I cant see anything more coming this way going by the radar return.

Whoever does get snow though is going to be able to enjoy it for the next week at least.

I wont be radar watching tonight as theres no point, aint nothing coming this way.

GFS has consistently modelled Tuesday as being a day of potential here so I think thats the next day of opportunity, even a 10 minute heavy snow shower would give me more than I have now so ill see what happens then...after which it will be looking to see what happens with the LP on Friday from off the Atlantic.

A week full of potential, but tbh thats all it ever is down this way, potentials that never materialize.

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Is this still not the front that’s been producing all day? If you look at the Dutch radar it looks like it’s part of the same system?

• Like 1

Posted

Medway Massive well and truly missing out the good stuff to our east !

wind back to NE here

806E0CD2-9CCF-4E77-B764-59B90F9AB0E3.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Where???

Run the frames from the past and check NE EA by Great Yarmouth, you see a sudden burst in PPN forming to the lines we have seen for those over Kent.

Posted

couple cm here now, less in open areas like the roads as the wind is just sweeping and swirling it about and drifting it up to other places. still under a steady stream of activity but going to stop posting here for the night and update in the morning with how we get along.

good luck everyone

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Latest Met Office forecast show snow showers continuing to stream into East Anglia and the SE overnight and Monday

It's not over yet! ❄️

Blimey that even shows snow in Cambridge, something must be wrong

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

From my Viewpoint out into the Estuary looking east can see some cracking snow showers drifting from North to South, sky keeps going orange behind the lights of Southend and can even see the fall streaks in the darkness of the Snow. So tantalisingly close but an area just between here and Herne is going to get clobbered for a while

Fresh dusting getting going here mate. Covered roads nicely. Fine powder with mini twisters dancing across the roads

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Ian Docwra said:

Yes, 'Darcy' was never going to cross/sit over us, but many were claiming that its frontal snow was going to be very significant across the region.  It missed us completely and moved away to the east.   You say "our region has been sub-zero", but only parts of Kent and significantly higher areas elsewhere have been - the region is the whole SE, from Oxfordshire to Kent and most of that has been in the range +0.5C to +3C, whereas it was widely predicted here that the whole region would be <0C today.  While the sky remains cloudy and the wind is strong, yet with a high dewpoint, there is no reason to suppose that the temperature will drop more than a fraction overnight, unless a different flow is expected.  The latter may be the case, but it isn't apparent, which means that more of the same might be expected - i.e. lying snow above, say, 100m, and slush/wet below.

Not sure how I ended up reading posts from so many hours back, but this isn't really right. Dew points pretty much across the UK are several degrees below zero, and temps are widely around zero or below and dropping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Got very windy here and snow blowing around but nothing worth a real mention.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
2 minutes ago, Honey said:

Medway Massive well and truly missing out the good stuff to our east !

wind back to NE here

806E0CD2-9CCF-4E77-B764-59B90F9AB0E3.png

Still might spin....

Keep the faith 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jright35 said:

Is this still not the front that’s been producing all day? If you look at the Dutch radar it looks like it’s part of the same system?

it is im watching it come in on the netherlands radar is small flakes but heavy and the wind is blowing it everywhere cant imagine it will add much to the total but its replacing what my daughter used for her snowman earlier

• Like 1

Posted

The wind has really picked up here. Can hear it howling down the chimney. Blowing the powder snow off the roofs.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

Fresh dusting getting going here mate. Covered roads nicely. Fine powder with mini twisters dancing across the roads

Just had that too, wind had it going sideways.

• Like 1