Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Best snizzle of the day at the moment which isn't saying much,  the slightest of dusting on garden furniture. Once passed over that'll be us done.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Sidsnake said:

I suppose not really weather related but I just wanted to say thank you all so much.  I've really really enjoyed following the posts today.  I am awaiting Open Heart Surgery sometime this year and you have really taken my mind off things.  Thanks again everyone.  I really mean that.

Best wishes with that

• Like 2

Posted

Well I’m at a loss. The winds on various charts look NE. The temp differential is there but yet the showers aren’t popping up where I’d expect them and the intensity I’d expect. Maybe there’s some sheer. Still - they’re expected to form overnight so I guess they’ll start showing later ?‍♂️

Edited by Coopsy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Approaching the 11th hour of continuous snow here, and we have a nice dusting on cars/rooftops from the recent streamer.

So i'm pretty pleased with the event so far IMBY. It's been a lovely day watching the snow fall (well.. blow horizontally!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Been a bit hit and miss this one, very narrow bands of showers now, temps not as cold as I hoped, and the wind not nearly as biting as we were lead to believe. Somehow I was expecting Siberia to visit but it didn't quite make it up the garden path. 

Not many in here from my neck of the woods so guess we are all a bit worn out with the earlier anticipation/disappointment

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

I suppose not really weather related but I just wanted to say thank you all so much.  I've really really enjoyed following the posts today.  I am awaiting Open Heart Surgery sometime this year and you have really taken my mind off things.  Thanks again everyone.  I really mean that.

Good luck with your surgery hopemall goes well

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

We have an upgrade to 2 snowflakes on the Meto app, not sure if that relates to thickness of snow falling or if we are due 2 flakes. Looking like option 2 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Best wishes for that.......hope it goes well. 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Well I hope it all goes perfectly, keep us posted please! 

• Like 2

Posted

Well about 1hr before dark the temperature finally dropped enough to allow the roads and paths to be dusted after being soaked all day long.

All other sufaces have around 5cm but we had dripping all day so with a degree or 2 colder we would have been absolutely buried! Everything is now frozen solid and the wind is absolutely biting

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Edwardmjg said:

We have between 16cm and 20cm in the Elham valley and it’s still snowing. Easily the biggest snow event here since March 2013.

This does not surprise me one iota. Probably a couple of inches in the centre of Folkestone, possibly chance of another cm before that front dies away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Yayyyyyy patience is a virtue. The very long waited dusting of snow in Hertford. It snowed for about 5 minutes giving 2mm of snow. Me happy now. 

IMG_2023.thumb.JPG.cef25deb7391df1b80c35113fdebcaab.JPGIMG_2026.thumb.JPG.13bd1e775ea14e11700b897b9f485886.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

The ppn band Looks to be losing intensity now and shifting course..

Might lose our continuous 13 hrs of snow band by looks of things..

I'm just greedy . Want more..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

From seeing all the spindrifts blowing across the main road, I can see why the MetO issued an amber warning; if local councils don't work 24/7, the roads will all be blocked, come the morning!

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
13 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Starting to settle now in CB1. Streamer has lined up here well enough!

Good to see and agonisingly close! 

• Like 2