Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
44 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I'm honestly not convinced,

1: Any precip tonight is going to be real weak here, I suppose we might scrape a slight dusting from it but lets not pretend thats some sort of victory, its not.

2: I don't think there is enough instablity to get a true streamer this far west without it starting to rapidly decay, and I don't see any signs its going to be that potent sadly. Its not going Feb 91/09 for sure in our neck of the woods. Probably dandruff snow and cloud whilst 10-20 miles upstream will be proper coverings

3: We are highly likely to be too far east, I reckon it will be lucky to get past Somerset, they usually don't make it this far east when facing down a strong block.

Sorry that sounds bleak I know, but I'm not really seeing much to be positive with. The areas of snow that the models bring through look weaker in reality at the moment than forecasted by the high resolution models. For example the band to our west gives 1cm to our region on ARPEGE. No chance thats happening.

1. At present it looks like you're right. But I'll hold you to it! 

2. Some of the snow charts from the last few days seem to suggest there may be snow round here, but we'll find out soon. 

3. I'm not so sure, but you're probably right. 

Cold and cloudy this week then I guess. Just like late Dec early Jan. Yawn! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Not sure if you can call it a streamer but we’re under that thin line of light snow snow just west of London which is now starting to lightly cover the rooftops and cars. Not great but best it’s been all day! 

Posted

Been snowing here non stop since 7am. Still snowing and sticking to everything. Gritters are out in force

• Like 1

Posted

Sky cleared here for about 10 mins and temp plummeted. There has been water on next doors flat roof all day, but it froze in 10 mins flat. Maybe it will just now tip the balance to allow anything that falls to settle.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
13 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Wind at City Airport has veered 50o Between NE and ENE any streamers will head more towards London, and Surrey and Kent away from the kent coast.. imo.

Wind is still veering mostly NE, not due to change to atleast the early hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@classylady It’s started snowing again! Looks like we could get further top ups tonight

• Like 1

Posted

Took these pictures just now, mainly for proof to myself that it had snowed if it has all disappeared tomorrow morning..lol

20210207_180409.jpg

20210207_180524.jpg

20210207_180404.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Edwardmjg said:

We have between 16cm and 20cm in the Elham valley and it’s still snowing. Easily the biggest snow event here since March 2013.

I suspect by the end of tomorrow there will be plenty of parts around the amber warning that will have similar amounts. You may well be on for 30cms, I'm sure someone will end up getting in that ballpark.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Southender said:

NE’ly staying until tomorrow evening I think. Well that’s what the METO app says. Hardly reliable I know!

Talking of wind

image.thumb.png.985cae56140148cb1331bc40efe7f173.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow
Just now, Robster said:

Certainly is coming down hard in Norwich at the moment. Roads and pavements are now being covered. 

Yeah, it's odd as the radar has us in a clear spot. Only small flakes though still, just lots of them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!
4 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

Not sure if you can call it a streamer but we’re under that thin line of light snow snow just west of London which is now starting to lightly cover the rooftops and cars. Not great but best it’s been all day! 

I call that a streamer.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Robster said:

Certainly is coming down hard in Norwich at the moment. Roads and pavements are now being covered. 

would love to know why the radar is doing such a bad job over Norfolk currently, but nice to hear that Norwich is finally in on the action!

been light snow in Dereham for over an hour now from a stream of showers, can't help but think no matter how much falls now the roads are going to be treacherous now its decided to stick on them!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well we ended with about 5cms in Locksbottom by 6pm so delighted with that and it matches BFTE 2018.All a matter of luck with streamers that will continue till about midday Tuesday if forecasts are right.Our heaviest snow was between about 2.30-4pm when the majority of snow fell.

Temp now -1.5 and dropped below zero from about 7am this morning so claiming it as an ice day ❄️

Good luck to those who haven’t seen snow today and really hope showers overnight and tomorrow penetrate further inland .

stay safe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

its trying to snow here, catch the odd flake on the cameras.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
19 minutes ago, FetchCB said:

Funnily enough the met office app (yes I know) has us having heavy snow overnight and into tomorrow morning 

The fax charts have convergence zones in and around the Wash and I'm wondering if that is what is forming off the coast of North Norfolk. 

As the temps drop inland that feature could penetrate further inland. 

Of course now that has been signalled by the Met Office app it won't happen

Fax charts picking these up for tomorrow night, Tuesday and indeed Wednesday 

image.thumb.png.5035833346a71940135415b7172961ba.png   image.thumb.png.47400c49e50467539107d3632d8ff82b.png  image.thumb.png.d9ee529a37e3c714f9d08b7c2ced2c23.png 

image.thumb.png.f4cfbeaa09dbbfaaef2d5ba84cb36962.png   

This suggests reasonable chances for a good chunk of East Anglia over the coming days, in fact the Euro 4 gives a covering for most of East Anglia (Some parts seeing over 10cm). Areas south west of London appear to struggle though.

End of run

image.thumb.png.f8c20d249a3be7d6b2574c6435080c18.png

Yes the model shows higher than I have stated, but at this moment it is better to be conservative and then be delighted if some spots see big totals. Still a solid 72 hours (Eastern parts probably the full amount of time, western parts probably seeing conditions turn sunnier through Wednesday).

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Been snowing here non stop since 7am. Still snowing and sticking to everything. Gritters are out in force

They've chucked so much grit in our street, its deeper than the snowgrains.. Grrrr.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh streamer out in north norfolk please please come here... must be mad but spent the last 2 hours in the garden sleeves rolled up soaking wet cleaning and refilling my hot tub soo gonna get my ass out there in an hour or 2 when its finished filling up for an ice cold beer and a couple of jagerbombs... snow falling whilst I'm in there would just be the cherry on the top of a bloody cold knackeringafternoon... please please weather gods... I'm not greedy... just some falling snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Epic scenes in Chessington  now .

5A2DEC2C-29ED-4A12-A764-01154640F8CE.jpeg

041B006A-2F73-427C-A94A-3CB571C03232.jpeg

7C863FF9-75B6-42C9-828F-667804D9EDB3.jpeg

CF4E92B6-17E8-447D-9B08-32EE1CAFCC09.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
3 minutes ago, Natty68 said:

Bit worried about the snow east of me on the map, it looks like it could be pretty deep.

If it snows all night I dread to think how deep it'll be in the morning. Pretty but deep.

20210207_175354.jpg

I think you’ll find quite a few on here would like to have that problem.

Light snow again here, that isnt really adding much to what’s still on the ground. Hoping it might pep up somewhat during the evening and night.

Regardless, we’ve done OK here today, not as much as I’d hoped but not bad compared to some who’ve missed out so far.