Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Each season has its own merits but, since you press me, heavy snow
4 minutes ago, Gonzolio Martinez said:

You couldn't make it up, it's like it's trying to avoid me now

image.thumb.png.e91d1e924a91ce88c20d0e1b156cb841.png

Same

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Great Plum said:

Well we are below freezing now in Reigate with a thin covering that will be rock hard in the morning! What do people think of streamers or shower activity tomorrow and into Tuesday - the forecast certainly thinks there’s chance for something and it’s not forecast to be above freezing until the end of the week...

Its possible for sure, I think based on what I can see you should be close enough to the source. I wouldn't expect it to be very strong though, insatiability looks very modest. IF it does set up there maybe quite a sharp drop off in any intensity once you get past the M25 into Surrey and Berkshire.

Of course, its possible nothing forms at all as well!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
22 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Yep!

By 1am we should be very much in the game here looking at the 700hPa steering winds, until then a slight lull. Probably a good thing, let the ground temperature drop & dry out a little bit. 

How about for snowless Gravesend/Northfleet hope I'm not too far west still can't get over how Dartford and Bluewater have snow but not here can't win either direction lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, throwoff said:

South east BBC Weather update -

Amber warning remains for lot of Kent 

The headline in the weather, it’s easing off. Light snow to follow but the heaviest is over.

Severe ice and frost. A few more centimetres of snow overnight but easing into tomorrow afternoon. Most dry and cloudy for tomorrow. 

I pray Feb 2021 doesn't turn into a dry, grey, cold, grotfest like 1986 did... I was sure glad when that month ended!

Posted

Dry slotted now in Southend and probably our fun done for today. Can’t complain. 5cm on all but roads. Good luck to everyone else yet to see much. Looking forward to a proper sleep tonight

Edited by Southender

Posted

Wind direction has changed from NNE to NE now... hopefully it will shift a bit more E in the next few hours so the Medway folks can get some ❄️♥️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
20 minutes ago, Ols500 said:

Hopefully the wind goes more easterly for a thames streamer-kent have had loads lol

Nothing in my part of Kent still not a single covering of snow since 2018 must be the only place away from south coasts surely

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, essex sunshine coast said:

14cm here in Clacton as of 5pm.seems to be that odd ball snow/hail now

PXL_20210207_163752281.jpg

PXL_20210207_163811753.jpg

Yeah I found it hard to measure here in Flatford Drive, Clacton. 12cm on my car, between 0 and 20cm in my garden due to drifting. Still hammering down with tiny flakes and lots of drifting. If it carries on like this overnight we'll have a few more cm.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, General Cluster said:

I pray Feb 2021 doesn't turn into a dry, grey, cold, grotfest like 1986 did... I was sure glad when that month ended!

I'm with you on this. Does look increasingly likely though. Don't you just love the UK, too warm to snow but when it gets colder it dries up!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

The red dot is me,  feels like the music from jaws should be playing in the background 

streamer.thumb.jpg.d1c4fbcfb1c30381aaf2a74c6aac024b.jpg

Looking good for you in an hour or so. I’ll just keep looking at the radar and conceive some logic as to why I am in the middle of two shower trains despite being currently directly down wind from the Wash.

Probably some form of karma

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Well we are below freezing now in Reigate with a thin covering that will be rock hard in the morning! What do people think of streamers or shower activity tomorrow and into Tuesday - the forecast certainly thinks there’s chance for something and it’s not forecast to be above freezing until the end of the week...

I hope so but I'm setting the bar low with regards to hopes.  If only the snow and temperatures had arrived as forecast at 11pm -12pm last night we would have had a decent covering instead of these scraps. Hope the ground freezes up a bit the footpaths are mud baths

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Captain Shortwave said:

Looking good few your in an hour or so. I’ll just keep looking at the radar and conceivable some logic as to why I am in the middle of two shower trains despite being currently directly down wind from the Wash.

Probably some form of karma

I'm hoping that this will sweep down to Bedford if it stays strong. Fingers crossed. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Dry slotted now in Southend and probably our fun done for today. Can’t complain. 5cm on all but roads. Good luck to everyone else yet to see much. Looking forward to a proper sleep tonight

That's an unusual turnaround.... Normally Clacton gets very little while Southend is on the northern edge of streamers and gets a lot more. This time we've actually ended up with more!

Hopefully you'll be in on the action a bit more overnight with a more ENE flow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Rough guide to tonight/tomorrows streamer.

1139151943_Screenshot2021-02-07at17_29_33.thumb.png.a20fcc1bb77a934763673aa31a6fefee.png

Winds become more favourable midnight-1am.

• Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, throwoff said:

South east BBC Weather update -

Amber warning remains for lot of Kent 

The headline in the weather, it’s easing off. Light snow to follow but the heaviest is over.

Severe ice and frost. A few more centimetres of snow overnight but easing into tomorrow afternoon. Most dry and cloudy for tomorrow. 

Def was an over exaggerated amber zone then for our areas yellow at best would have been sufficed literally gutted 3 years and so much promise still snowless even places so close to my area have atleast small coverings ....

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Showers are rapidly decaying, get a lot of light snow flurries now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
Just now, Met4Cast said:

Rough guide to tonight/tomorrows streamer.

1139151943_Screenshot2021-02-07at17_29_33.thumb.png.a20fcc1bb77a934763673aa31a6fefee.png

Winds become more favourable midnight-1am.

Looks a bit similar to this morning? maybe NW Kent/Sussex getting in to the act a bit more, so no Thames Streamer and a ENE wind?

• Like 1