Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
7 minutes ago, Ols500 said:

why is this snow in grains? 

Colder and drier air. Wet snow usually clumps together in bigger flakes, often  on weather system boundaries/fronts etc.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
4 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

If only it could be a bit more evenly spread! We did do pretty well a couple of weeks ago where the east missed out so I guess it’s only fair but still...huff!

I've not done well in either, I stayed up all night, its been snowing here since 3am, and i've at long last got a slight covering on the decking, I never seem to be in the right place lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
2 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Hopefully - The colder -10c isotherm is moving into the region now, should help aid N Sea convection. 

Split on here is getting mad now

Can we split off Kent for a while? We are looking positive while Sussex is not!

• Like 2

Posted

Poor return for south west London but expectations were low!  Let’s see if we catch a shower overnight.

It just hasn’t been cold enough with temps between 1 to 2 degrees all day. 

Edited by mulzy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.af91f21866cb78ca5b8185dbb6d18518.png

Manston at 10 cm!

I'd hazard a guess and say its the highest snowfall total since Feb 2012. Jan 2013 only had around 6 cm and BFTE only had 7 cm.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah thats very true, but still, I wouldn't mind even a dusting to be honest. Just something to join in whilst others eventually get way above that we got a couple of weeks ago.

UKV that Paul just posted gives me literally nothing as well.

When N.Somerset gets more snow than myself on an easterly, yeah thats not great!

Even further east most places have had much less than expected. Here we have a couple of CM's on the grass but nothing on any surface that has contact with the ground and I was in the main warning zone. Ground temps were too warm so most of what fell has melted.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Just checked the BBC forecast for tonight, heavy snow showers, absolutely no chance, might get a few flakes in the wind, it’s embarrassingly bad how far out they are. The other sites all say no snow.

Posted

Just been round the corner at half-time, boy its just that bit more bracing than earlier. Snow's still coming down and blowing. Roads are going to be an ice-rink in the morning.

Posted

Any thoughts please on this clear slot south east of London.. it seems to some barrier for what has been heading into the area from essex..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What's people thoughts for SW London/Surrey for tonight and tomorrow then? 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jason M said:

Even further east most places have had much less than expected. Here we have a couple of CM's on the grass but nothing on any surface that has contact with the ground and I was in the main warning zone. Ground temps were too warm so most of what fell has melted.

I think things will look very much better this time tomorrow, especially since we will have a much colder night than we did last night which will help to cool the surface and also cool the air around as well which will make the snow settle easier I'd have thought. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Wow snow all day but zero settled, silly climate. Doesn't even feel that cold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mal_UK said:

Not holding up much hope! If a streamer sets up right we could do ok. 

Posted

It’s been a fab day. Started with worry earlier but now got a good covering. It’s relentless, just as it eases it starts again. Madness! Main roads starting to whiten up and turn very slushy. Here’s a pic in town and the Dane John. 

DDAD3667-EA29-4B2C-90F1-9FE2A82160EE.jpeg

0234CF13-8792-40F1-AF3F-ABE81D9ADE2F.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Mal_UK said:

Very light snow showers tonight maybe, probably won't amount to much.

As the wind shifts E a better chance to get some moisture into your area, your far enough east IMO to be able to latch onto any streamer though it maybe starting to weaken.

However no guarentees on the streamer part, its an option though and its very much a wildcard option. Deeper into Surrey and it will probably start to fizzle quite quickly *unless* it goes stronger, but there is literally no signs of that happening and nothing on the models suggest that either, that is about 5% risk IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Just had a gritter come down the lane......with a snow plough attached

• Like 2

Posted

Still absolutely throwing it down in Sittingbourne. Only small fine dry flakes but we are at around 12 cm in places .  The question is will the streamers also get going.....?

39CD79DC-66D9-4EF3-8016-29F2F2B675B0.jpeg

33332A5A-6D94-452A-A498-AD533432F0CF.jpeg

Edited by jright35
  • Like 7

Posted

Well we are below freezing now in Reigate with a thin covering that will be rock hard in the morning! What do people think of streamers or shower activity tomorrow and into Tuesday - the forecast certainly thinks there’s chance for something and it’s not forecast to be above freezing until the end of the week...

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

I think things will look very much better this time tomorrow, especially since we will have a much colder night than we did last night which will help to cool the surface and also cool the air around as well which will make the snow settle easier I'd have thought. 

Yes. Timings were not great with it taking longer to get the temperatures down and sun already up by the time anything meaningful was happening. I'm not sure much will fall over the next couple of days tbh. A few will do okay, but each set of runs I view seems to tone things down a bit more. Maybe a couple of CMs here, but I'm not expecting much (although hoping I'm wrong).

Would be good here to see the cloud break for a couple of hours just to reduce the ground temps. Where it settled on the grass today it was blowing around in the wind, but wet on most surfaces. You don't usually see dry snow blowing around and it not settling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

South east BBC Weather update -

Amber warning remains for lot of Kent 

The headline in the weather, it’s easing off. Light snow to follow but the heaviest is over.

Severe ice and frost. A few more centimetres of snow overnight but easing into tomorrow afternoon. Most dry and cloudy for tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1