Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
12 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

My uncle lives in Ipswich. He sent me these. He’s done pretty well...

02DEBB5A-7298-4FA6-89F7-56C2580D05CB.jpeg

3AE64E9A-9ECF-4D64-9F8C-777E5951F347.jpeg

1229B98D-15D4-47C8-87F9-015C80F19E90.jpeg

Proper. Actual proper snow that you can legitimately call an ‘event’. Will there be more of this before the amber is out? Something has to notably change if so. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Beggining to stick nicely the next few hours we may see the levels rapidly rise as almost double d in the past half an hour. 

16127175966843757735678695219899.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Marie said:

So thoughts on tonight ? Any chance of seeing some more snow ? I know that’s a difficult question to answer lol .All stopped  here now can see clear sky’s 

BBC say "

Cold and windy tonight, with snow showers, most frequent and heavy in the east and southeast."  So fingers crossed. Then we have tomorrow to look forward to

Ps your pic hurts my neck.  

• Like 5

Posted

Still light snow but starting to settle on all surfaces. A little heavier and we’d be all white! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

We've been stuck under some slight divergence looking at the winds which has killed off anything getting close to our area, hence why we've had some sunshine as well as its helped to break the cloud up a little.

That zone is going to shift out of the way eventually but the winds aren't favourable at all for our neck of the woods apart from a brief window on Monday night, early Tuesday morning.

Other than that we are going to be feeding off tiny weak convective lines which will basically be blown about and out of the way.

I still can't believe I had sleet though, shows how much damage has been done by the sunshine earlier.

Surely, over the next 5 days, we will see at least a small covering of snow....And if we miss out on the streamers (I mean we're not *that* far west so anything lined up and potent, we're in with a shot) we may see some frontal snow Thurs into Fri perhaps? It's still all to play for, but I'm probably looking at this more positively, but less realistically, than you are. We'll have to wait and see! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Is so ironic when no one gets anything, but if it was rain or showers , your town or village gets deluge lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
3 minutes ago, Biggin said:

BBC say "

Cold and windy tonight, with snow showers, most frequent and heavy in the east and southeast."  So fingers crossed. Then we have tomorrow to look forward to

Ps your pic hurts my neck.  

Thanks , I can’t change my pic ?‍♀️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.
14 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I wouldn't complain, thats a dusting more than I have at the moment, and a dusting more than I'm going to get as well this week!

12z ARPEGE really going to town it has to be said again throughout the amber zone, still a widespread 10-20cms to come so for places that are over 10cms we won't be far off 30cms by the end if things go well.

If only it could be a bit more evenly spread! We did do pretty well a couple of weeks ago where the east missed out so I guess it’s only fair but still...huff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Snow stopped falling here for the first time today. No sign of any melting in what has already settled.

Clouds appear to be moving almost due South, let’s see what the next few hours have to offer...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
15 minutes ago, Honey said:

Am I right in thinking of the wind direction shifts more east than north east we have a better chance of a streamer type scenario setting up for north Kent ?

Yep!

By 1am we should be very much in the game here looking at the 700hPa steering winds, until then a slight lull. Probably a good thing, let the ground temperature drop & dry out a little bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Winter wonderland here. Jumped up nearly 2 cm in an hour. Could have 10 cm by tomorrow morn.

20210207_170911.thumb.jpg.6ab1f1df9b93d974ddca881929eb19f9.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, UKSupercell said:

Surely, over the next 5 days, we will see at least a small covering of snow....And if we miss out on the streamers (I mean we're not *that* far west so anything lined up and potent, we're in with a shot) we may see some frontal snow Thurs into Fri perhaps? It's still all to play for, but I'm probably looking at this more positively, but less realistically, than you are. We'll have to wait and see! 

I'm honestly not convinced,

1: Any precip tonight is going to be real weak here, I suppose we might scrape a slight dusting from it but lets not pretend thats some sort of victory, its not.

2: I don't think there is enough instablity to get a true streamer this far west without it starting to rapidly decay, and I don't see any signs its going to be that potent sadly. Its not going Feb 91/09 for sure in our neck of the woods. Probably dandruff snow and cloud whilst 10-20 miles upstream will be proper coverings

3: We are highly likely to be too far east, I reckon it will be lucky to get past Somerset, they usually don't make it this far east when facing down a strong block.

Sorry that sounds bleak I know, but I'm not really seeing much to be positive with. The areas of snow that the models bring through look weaker in reality at the moment than forecasted by the high resolution models. For example the band to our west gives 1cm to our region on ARPEGE. No chance thats happening.

Just now, Met4Cast said:

Yep!

By 1am we should be very much in the game here looking at the 700hPa steering winds, until then a slight lull. Probably a good thing, let the ground temperature drop & dry out a little bit. 

Do you expect these showers to be of higher rates as well? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
1 minute ago, Mr Brown said:

Do you expect these showers to be of higher rates as well? 

Hopefully - The colder -10c isotherm is moving into the region now, should help aid N Sea convection. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, NYCSnow said:

If only it could be a bit more evenly spread! We did do pretty well a couple of weeks ago where the east missed out so I guess it’s only fair but still...huff!

Yeah thats very true, but still, I wouldn't mind even a dusting to be honest. Just something to join in whilst others eventually get way above that we got a couple of weeks ago.

UKV that Paul just posted gives me literally nothing as well.

When N.Somerset gets more snow than myself on an easterly, yeah thats not great!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Met4Cast said:

Hopefully - The colder -10c isotherm is moving into the region now, should help aid N Sea convection. 

Hopefully the wind goes more easterly for a thames streamer-kent have had loads lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Yep!

Thx ! It’s all stopped and we barely have a covering in cliffe despite it snowing since 7am.... hoping for something tonight. Probably a good thing it’s stopped to give what we have chance to freeze  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
7 minutes ago, craigore said:

Raging blizzard ar manston now..

Heaviest all day.

Temp -2.1

Yep just hit here as well, pathways covered now!