Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/ hot not mild muck!

Anyone from the norwich area? What do you think our chances are as the day unfolds? Been a massive disappointment so far!

Posted
10 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

I need a drink ...@ any excuse aye

A cup of tea or something stronger TI ?

Posted
Just now, jules.p said:

Anyone from the norwich area? What do you think our chances are as the day unfolds? Been a massive disappointment so far!

I’m in north west Norfolk, no snow here yet today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Saw the BBC weather earlier and they're going for 20 -25cm+ to those areas nearest to the east coast.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
3 minutes ago, Swilly said:

Nothing in ringmer@ Tom Jarvis but  you always get it if theres any going up on Ashdown forest  hope to get some tonight also nothing settling on the southdowns  either

A cm or two here, so just shows how hit and miss it is. Though very light snow only at the moment the sun’s trying to break through and a bit of melt going on. Looking forward to getting through till it gets dark now. I think a degree or two drop in temperature will make a big difference to accumulations, as long as there’s still some precipitation still around.

• Like 1

Posted

The latest NetWeather radar shows a big drop in precipitation amounts - down to blues and greens everywhere from the yellows and oranges of several hours ago near the Essex and Suffolk coast.  +0.2C here with moderate snow and wet ground, still, but with some settling on grass, etc.  I can now see Box Hill dimly through the snow and can see that it is white up there - 300 feet makes all the difference at these temps.

Edited by Ian Docwra

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, Biggin said:

A cup of tea or something stronger TI ?

Turps/meths pal should cut it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
25 minutes ago, snow blind said:

It’s only 1 degree in Worthing too...

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IWORTH60

snow is coming down moderately, but not currently sticking. it does at some point

Seems like it's dropped there now too. Zero here now and still wet snow,only a slight covering over the downs this side! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freak

Lovely scenes here, temp definately dropping as the day goes on. Snow has completely frozen on my washing line. 

20210207_124424.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
4 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I think we were taking the mickey out of those laughable ECM/GFS... accumulation charts?

R J Smith last night wasn't messing 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/ hot not mild muck!
1 minute ago, Angus Mcoatup said:

I’m in north west Norfolk, no snow here yet today.

Let’s hope something changes later to bring us into it a bit

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, nanu said:

Met office cannot forecast snow... end of, always been like that since this forum started. 

Perhaps you should offer your services?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Howie said:

If there's one thing about our part of the world and snow, it's that if I can go wrong it will go wrong. Literally everything was looking good and one last minute tweek has scuppered it

Unfortunately these things happen.

There is certainly some similarties to 26h Feb 05 and the snow that never was. That was a real let down for me as it was my first time dealing with a true bust.

Posted
1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

Saw the BBC weather earlier and they're going for 20 -25cm+ to those areas nearest to the east coast.

Well we currently have about 3cm on the cars and tables. Most of the paths and roads are slush or clear. I am right on the far East coast of Kent, at sea level. Where I work seemed to have a greater accumulation earlier and that's a few miles inland, but we're going to have to have many more hours of continuous heavy snow if they're going for those figures

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Agreed - people have had snow.  My point was about those who were claiming that it was "nailed on" to get well below-zero temperatures everywhere and that there was nil chance of any melting - "everything coming out of the sky will be snow and will settle" was the tenor of so many here.  It's one thing to have a stab at predicting what might happen, but to assume cast-iron knowledge that something WILL happen without question (and berate those who are more pragmatic) is unhelpful.  Many were talking earlier in the thread about 30-40cm being quite possible, red warnings, etc., - you know the sort of hype I mean. 

Then there were those who refused to accept (or possibly even check) what was clearly shown to be happening to Darcy last evening by satellite imagery - it was moving away from the SE and noticeably so, yet that fact was denied by many. 

BTW, I'm not saying speculation is wrong; it's the vehemence with which so many simply refused to entertain any other options.   If wishing made it so, eh?  My point about the seeming inability of any models to predict this outcome still stands, BTW, particularly as I, as an amateur, could see it happening myself.

I completely agree and nobody seemed to notice or put any importance on the predicted positive daytime temperatures either. I'm also an amateur /enthusiast but the way today has turned out hasn't surprised me one bit! 

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Unfortunately these things happen.

There is certainly some similarties to 26h Feb 05 and the snow that never was. That was a real let down for me as it was my first time dealing with a true bust.

I'm definitely moving to Canada after this, can't take any more disappointments 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Interesting watching the Euro satellite view, seems to be a plume sprouting off the main low which is feeding our SE snow.

image.png.b7f741bfb84af6d86ccd98a16096b77b.pngimage.png.b7f741bfb84af6d86ccd98a16096b77b.pnghttps://en.sat24.com/images/player/trans.pngimage.png.b7f741bfb84af6d86ccd98a16096b77b.png

trans.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Marie said:

Starting to lay here on grass cars etc 

Don't you have a sofa you can use instead

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1