Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Don't you love when people try to tell you what the weather is like in your area 

Large part of East Anglia at or below freezing.

EAlol.thumb.png.cd9d37ff62c99721d7df8dc79642ccbf.png

In that case, the Met Office data is wrong.  However, many in EA seem to be reporting melting snow, which doesn't happen below freezing.  Who knows?

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

Man the abuse/anger via my social media inbox-PM.. and even a few em-mails.. with people demanding their snow ❄️.. and borderline outright abuse I’m getting is crazy ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️.. it’s incredible what /how the weather certainly effects the mood -all round...anyway... I’m certain that again this is all a little delayed and most will have their fill .. over coming hours....

I love your enthusiastic TI, you always give it your all. But come on mate, very rarely do we get what you predict. Even you've got to admit that.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Everyone

Dan at WeatherQuest is trying to keep a database of Snow Depths from this cold spell. Would as many people as possible if you have time upload your depth to the following link. 

You can update it hourly if you want from your Postcode even if you have nothing at all just upload the depth, it gives Dan a better idea of where snow has fallen etc (Much like his Lightning Strike Maps in the Summer) 

Link Below

WEATHERQUEST.CO.UK

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Well, in that case, I'll go with my ability to distinguish what's frozen solid from what isn't. And, anyway, I wasn't commenting the temperatures, in other parts of East Anglia? 

How's the 40cm's treating you? closer to the 4cm's that you joked at no doubt?...a tad underwhelming in my opinion.

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow continuing here. Temp at lowest yet -0.9C DP -1.2C.

Posted

The heaviest it’s been all morning but just grass and tree the snow is sticking too.

not expecting more fun and games . Have to wait what showers develop tonight hopefully we still in a chance of a Thames streamer setting up @kold weather ?? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Wynter said:

I love your enthusiastic TI, you always give it your all. But come on mate, very rarely do we get what you predict. Even you've got to admit that.

Very rarely we get what the MetO predict! 

Posted

More snow to come in the UK's SE sector according to the Dutch Radar

image.thumb.png.00b626ea1139cc86f5d3f5f0d2c94ffa.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Is it settling where you are at the moment?

Only a little, mainly on grass and some other surfaces. Nothing on concrete. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Hi Everyone

Dan at WeatherQuest is trying to keep a database of Snow Depths from this cold spell. Would as many people as possible if you have time upload your depth to the following link. 

You can update it hourly if you want from your Postcode even if you have nothing at all just upload the depth, it gives Dan a better idea of where snow has fallen etc (Much like his Lightning Strike Maps in the Summer) 

Link Below

WEATHERQUEST.CO.UK

0 centimetres snow depth in Hampstead. Not sure if you wanted non existent snow depths though

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Not a huge fan of that fact that it’s been snizzling for over 30 minutes, melting the small amount of snow that was settled. Hopefully something a bit more substantial soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The met weather stations are showing a steady fall in temperatures. Generally between -1 and +2c at the moment.

@General Cluster Reading near you seem to hovering around freezing. You might need some heavier bursts to move through and yes if the sun is getting through that frontal cloud (is possible) then it might be enough to melt the current accumulations a little. 
I must admit for most I think it will be tonight where we get a more widespread covering of snow.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I just cannot get into the heavier stuff, very fine still, may even be a little sleety

Screenshot_20210207-130221.png

Posted
1 minute ago, yamkin said:

More snow to come in the UK's SE sector according to the Dutch Radar

image.thumb.png.00b626ea1139cc86f5d3f5f0d2c94ffa.png

Thanks Yamkin

to be honest us in this part of the world probably do better than front moving away and allowing Thames streamer setting up as so far it’s been pants 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rapid melt going on here. Unless the temperature plummets and the snow picks up significantly then this has been a bust. I don't think I can even class it as layering or a proper snow event as it just hasn't settled properly!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
5 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

Pathetic isn’t it, light snow with medium sized flakes and it might as well be raining out there! Much as I love snow, non settling snow just infuriates me.

Think Brighton could be in with a good chance around 4-5 when the temperature drops but it is unknown the intensity of the snow at that point.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Biggin said:

Temp -1  DP -2 Whats not to like.

Yh here as well

Temp is -1.3c

Dewp is -1.5c

You only have to go on XCWeather and see Southend Airport is also showing Minus readings

• Like 1