Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Not a good day for surfing over in Holland....this stuff is coming our way.

netherlands-south-holland-Scheveningen2.
WWW.WEBCAMTAXI.COM

This live streaming HD Webcam shows the old pier and the promenade of Scheveningen district, which belongs to the city of The Hague, in South Holland

Great cam that:)

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Enjoy the snow everyone that gets it and for those that havent yet dont give up hope.

Am off out for some sledging as its just hit 5cm here and the sledge and kids are ready.

Enjoy. This was 24th Jan in Gatwick, 3cms - more than enough for a fun two hours. And miles better than this snizzly, windy, horrible dross we have this morning. A bit of entrenched cold air and a nice warm front approaching from the SW falling with perfect timing into frosty ground. Gives you better snow too, that you can actually play with. Easterly’s are once in a blue moon spectacular but otherwise mostly hideous. 

D2C49C42-AB73-4B91-BD8A-131A97E49121.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, musehead said:

The 06z EURO4 is not accurate for my area (Wandsworth, SW London) in the short range. Indicating around 2cm of snow depth, whereas in reality it's too warm to settle at all so far.

Currently snowing lightly, no sleetyness since about 9am.

euro4_uk1-45-6-0.png

Am just a bit east from you around the south circular and starting to see a heavier spell. Things taking their time today, hence why that chart is probably a good 3 hours out.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Why were people here expecting to see feet of snow by this time today? lmao. It was clear early this morning that there was delay in the band + colder air moving in. Many areas are seeing snowfall, don't think anyone is reporting rain. 

As colder air continues to dig in we'll see snow rapidly accumulating east > west. Coastal areas are seeing that now, Dover has been absolutely buried in drifts, as has parts of Essex. 

Colder air will continue digging in through this afternoon. This band will transition to widespread heavy showers/streamers later tonight and all through tonight & much of tomorrow, too. 

Relax. It's all going to plan (albeit slightly later)

snowing  very heavy still in ipswich  nr  4 inches  here

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nah your fine, I do remember you from many years gone by my memory is not that bad. Always the same little snipes here and there.

Put me on Ignore please because this is not the first run in we have had and I really cannot be a rsed with you much longer.

I know what areas get affected by what and what they are called, Again please put me on Ignore so we dont have to cross paths anymore on this site

• Thanks 1

Posted

Well I feel very lucky. It really hasn't stopped for last 2 hours. Must have 2-3cm at least. Still very windy. Not sure I'd like to be up the top of Detling, Bluebell or Boxley hills. Hope most people on here can experience some of what l have. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Howie said:

What is up with the temperature!?!?! It was meant to be below freezing already but it's just hover above instead, what is that about 

Agreed. I was looking forward to 4 ice days and was prepared for very little snow so am fine with that but really didn’t expect to be observing water today. Now it’s looking like 2 ice days and no snow 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Why were people here expecting to see feet of snow by this time today? lmao. It was clear early this morning that there was delay in the band + colder air moving in. Many areas are seeing snowfall, don't think anyone is reporting rain. 

As colder air continues to dig in we'll see snow rapidly accumulating east > west. Coastal areas are seeing that now, Dover has been absolutely buried in drifts, as has parts of Essex. 

Colder air will continue digging in through this afternoon. This band will transition to widespread heavy showers/streamers later tonight and all through tonight & much of tomorrow, too. 

Relax. It's all going to plan (albeit slightly later)

You think I get some more for my area then ? Been under pink for 2 hours but nothing ?

Posted

I am awaiting reports from likes of Great Dunmow and Chipping Ongar. If they report heavier snow its edging my way.

Posted
1 minute ago, londonblizzard said:

What are the chances the main bulk of precipitation is going to move out or rotate west?

Seems like i'm slightly too east currently.

413304199_Screenshot2021-02-07at12_28_22.thumb.png.b8ef6760a80a4fbd6c55e9a8647e3eb1.png

It will kinda, but it will decay and weaken so its not going to look anywhere near as impressive as it does right now. Given your location there will be some snow around I'm sure as your not too far west from where it is at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, ptow said:

Agreed. I was looking forward to 4 ice days and was prepared for very little snow so am fine with that but really didn’t expect to be observing water today. Now it’s looking like 2 ice days and no snow 

Hugely frustrated but people are saying to have patience so we'll see

Posted

some heavy  stuff now coming  over

Screenshot_2021-02-07 Rain Alarm.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow , Extreme weather events

I see that the area of snow that has been to the east of Ipswich all morning has now moved slightly westwards and so does now suggest that areas to the south and west of London which up until now have only seen a flurry or two will eventually get some of the heavier more persistent snow which hopefully by then (given the colder uppers) should begin to settle 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

It's been a pretty steady 5 hours of light (occasional moderate) powdery snow now and everything has a good dusting apart form paths and roads. Looks very pretty. 

Feel for the peeps nearby who seem to be having a different experience.

I'm convinced the amount of green space around here helps in marginal situations. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Definitely delayed progress.. but a certain pep gaining.. as well as migrating westward...late afternoon/evening.. looks to be ripe!!!..for those further west of the region!

DC496F19-D10F-45FE-BAD6-F27F582E6BE7.png

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
5 minutes ago, Marie said:

Thank you , it’s trying to stick here on certain surfaces 

It's been trying to settle here just up the road in Hassocks for the last hour but still big wet flakes. But noticeably colder now so could be some hope for us nearer the south coast!! 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

Definitely delayed progress.. but a certain pep gaining.. as well as migrating westward...late afternoon/evening.. looks to be ripe!!!..

Taking way too long ugh

Posted

Snow easing off here in Hampstead after hours of light snow.

IF this is a bust, doesn’t it look dry mostly for the rest of the week other than snow showers?

Enjoy the snow everyone further East. Pray for everyone out West please

• Like 1