Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Here's the Newhaven update and wow. Just wow!

T 0.9 D -0.4.

The heavy drizzle has turned to heavy snow. It's not laying yet but give it an hour and it will. This is a special spell of weather, enjoy it if you can

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Bill4321
Duplicate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
8 minutes ago, hurricane-anna said:

Heya hope ur well, what kinda timescale are we thinking for thickness and 850s to fall? Showers coming off the wash starting to lift my spirits here, fingers crossed a streamer will form and turn heavy xx

They will fall throughout the afternoon so showers should become heavier as time progresses. Tonight looks promising I must admit but putting a sweet spot is going to be difficult. An area downstream from the wash could get 5-10cm overnight, but only localised spots whilst elsewhere maybe just a dusting. The 2018 event is a good example, I only got about 1cm, Wittering just up the road recorded 18cm.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Is it drifting??

Definitely - you can see the grains collecting on the edge of the shoe-print.... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers
3 minutes ago, Hellboy said:

I hope you're right! ME2 here. 

Don't take my word for it, check the netweather radar lol! The streamer is very narrow though so if I'm honest I'm not sure if its even gonna stretch to all of the Medway towns lol but we're still all under the heavier bit of the main band so even without the extra heavy streamer slither we're all good...it's all very messy this event isn't it!!! 

Posted
Just now, SF-02 said:

Pretty poor show almost 12 hours after rain was supposed to turn to snow. London barely seen anything settled anywhere. 

I have to agree, especially with the Amber warnings in my area.  Unless it massively ramps up in activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

A couple of hours of light snow here, settling on roofs/trees and grass but nothing sticking to the ground or cars. Very pretty to sit and watch from window though. 

I'm just south of Maidstone at 125m altitude - started settling around 7am and has snowed quite heavily since then. It's piling up along our east facing fence. 

In 2018 we got about 20cm so I think my location usually gets lucky in this setup. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Really Lamping it down now

Screenshot_20210207_111121_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210207_111140_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Finally your snow shield has been broken, just needed that heavier precipitation to finally drag the snow level down enough to allow it to start settling.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Lighter snow now - about 1 inch where it has settled. Roads and pavements still wet. 

If the streamer makes it down from Medway it should pep up again in about 20 mins or so. 

Yup. After roads/patio/paths briefly settled and covered over, I'm a little surprised most of that has melted with the decreased intensity. Wish I had a weather station to look at DP - can't be far off where we need it.

As you say, when we get back into the green stuff I'm hoping we'll kick on to the next level, because everything else is lovely and white.

Surprisingly not feeling too cold at the moment, temps down to 1.1c

Glad to see those that haven't seen any snow for a while finally getting in on the action.

Here's hoping some Westerly movement and streamer activity later, think us folk in West London aren't too far from seeing something decent later.

Ultimately it looks like the charts did quite well so far?

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

it's sunny. \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

OK finally beginning to get somewhere now, snizzle is slowing turning into light snow, not expecting anything to settle but it's a step towards decent snow and the sky is slowly getting whiter and whiter. I think I might head off out for a run shortly

• Like 3

Posted

Sounding like a broken record, same old here, lots of snow falling from the sky but as soon as you look down, it just looks like it's been raining for hours and hours. Radar suggests a more heavier section might pass over us shortly, but behind that just looks like more of the same. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Really Lamping it down now

Screenshot_20210207_111121_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210207_111140_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

We are half that in hullbridge just abit more westward movement please. Didnt think it was going to happen this morning. Seen some great photos of southend settling on the roads...

Posted

Yep Finally

All areas have now had a taste of wintry weather and settling for this winter I think.

2020/2021 delivers

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Morning peeps

Light snow been falling here in Walthamstow since 9 am still coming down  but nothing settling. Awaiting for this to get heavier

Don't hold your breath. Just had an hour of heavy snow here and nothing settled on pavements

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben M said:

Don't take my word for it, check the netweather radar lol! The streamer is very narrow though so if I'm honest I'm not sure if its even gonna stretch to all of the Medway towns lol but we're still all under the heavier bit of the main band so even without the extra heavy streamer slither we're all good...it's all very messy this event isn't it!!! 

Finally hit 0c now according to my phone. Which of course could mean anything between -0.4 and +0.4 - but trending in the right direction!

• Like 1