Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
5 minutes ago, Easily sled said:

Sun shining in TW13 along with some minuscule flakes blowing in the wind, not the day I expected but still time for that to change......

I said before that anyone west of C.London is going to struggle this entire week, I stand by that as well, we might get lucky and get a light dusting at times if the showers do manage to inch far enough across but other than that our only real hope in the next 10 days is from ant stalled out front situation...

But to be brutally honest, I think that front is never making it past Somerset so we may have to wait for a renewed surge from the east should it happen (far from certain.)

Otherwise, enjoy the cold, and ANY snow we get, especially this evening and tonight, treat it as a bonus.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Marie said:

Still snizzle here , will we get proper snow ? 

Perhaps later, unfortunately we’ve been stuck right on the edge of the first band of snow for hours now. Not that it’s cold enough right now to lay anyway, got a friend in Eastbourne who says it’s been pelting with snow at times mixed with sleet when it gets lighter and nothing aside from slush on cars and roofs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Very light and patchy, certainly took it's time to change, i've had 2 hrs kip, so it's time for this to get busy lol, cmon, you can do it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

My friends and family back in blighty (Ipswich) have about 6cm after a few hours - so if this carries on all day and night then fun times ahead. Very jealous from a hot Sydney!

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, emf0778 said:

I don’t know where @bobbydog is but I’m right behind Horsham station and when we do get snow it’s sideways.  None settling.

I'm in Hills Farm Lane area, none settling here either, just steady light (sideways) snow

Posted
9 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Officially not a bust here with light snow falling. Much, much earlier than forecast.

Is that signs of a wash Streamer starting on the radar? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Its still sleet here in East Dene and the flakes are getting much bigger, that means its warming up. Small flakes when its dry and cold, big flakes when it gets warmer, read that in my Ladybird book of weather when i was much younger. I hope you all enjoy your sleet and snow, take care and the very best of health to you all.

Posted

Proper flakes here now (after a morning of snizzle), quite heavy too, but still won't bloody SETTLE.  Argghh!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat
1 minute ago, Weathizard said:

Perhaps later, unfortunately we’ve been stuck right on the edge of the first band of snow for hours now. Not that it’s cold enough right now to lay anyway, got a friend in Eastbourne who says it’s been pelting with snow at times mixed with sleet when it gets lighter and nothing aside from slush on cars and roofs

Ok thanks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Going much better than I expected here! Currently heavy, powdery, driving  snizzle here that’s sticking to everything exposed to the wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It keeps melting when the snow gets lighter so when it picks up again it has to recover. Not really getting anywhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
16 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Better here. Moderate snow and with that i'm signing off to enjoy it. Good luck to all of you, hope you see some Snow 

So pleased you finally got there !! Enjoy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Chin up, another few days of negative temperatures we've only just started 3 hours in and settling Snow another 20 hours for places like where I live perhaps more in other places even light snow with the winds hopefully slowing down a bit will settle quite well, late today we're getting a good Thames Streamer set up and as @TomSE12 has told us, there have been many great Streamer events and due to how long it'll last and the fact that we have some frontal snow before it, I expect this could be a great streamer event. 

Xander

Posted

Snowing steadily here and a lovely wintery scene. Patio has finally succumbed to the snow and has a covering.

Temp fluctuating between -0.6C and -0.8C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
2 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Going much better than I expected here! Currently heavy, powdery, driving  snizzle here that’s sticking to everything exposed to the wind.

I appear to be in a tiny void 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Deffo around Woodingdean, spent my childhood ther, used too get cut off for days  with deep drifts and with no buses.