Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Really starting to get heavy here. With the wind it's blowing about. I can see it starting to pile up against the window. Maybe just under a cm. Which is pretty rubbish but the fact it was wet at 8 this morning it's amazing!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

‘Some places likely to miss the showers altogether’. I wish I got paid for being so non-commital. Yeah, yeah, shower activity and all that. 

I think it's good they put that. It's to stop people getting the impression that snowfall is guaranteed. The amount of "snow shield" and "couldn't make it up" comments you see on here justify it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Down to zero degrees. Amazing what difference that drop in temperature makes. Moderate snow and settling nicely now.

D06E6149-0F0C-46F2-A2E4-FFE36685ED93.jpeg

688B60D5-2681-4BFB-A385-AAD752F15238.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Storm That Lasts 3 Days
3 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

4 hours difference, what a joke for anyone where I am.

61E7E300-C431-4A70-9640-3A1B50A75C55.jpeg

6441DC2C-89BE-4A81-8CB5-6C9B7B65ABC2.jpeg

It’s almost like we have an invisible shield so the bands of snow cannot approach

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 minute ago, Angus Mcoatup said:

Where are you in kings lynn,I’m just the other side of the river, no snow here

South Wootton area. Only a light flurry, but it was getting blown around by a very strong easterly wind now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Still heavy here but no settling on hard surfaces. If/when it dips properly below freezing though, I think it will stack up quickly...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Light snizzle for the last 2 hours here in SW London. Looking forward to potential streamers later as we are not going to get anything settling from this frontal band. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Still holding some hope for tomorrow

Posted

Greater intensity and presumably ever lowering temperatures now have hard surfaces becoming covered. Gradually... 

Everything else nicely white.

Posted
2 minutes ago, turkishfella said:

It’s almost like we have an invisible shield so the bands of snow cannot approach

Indeed, so bloody annoying watching the radar, I guess someone somewhere had to be unlucky, I’m not bitter at all that it’s us....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jason H said:

I think it's good they put that. It's to stop people getting the impression that snowfall is guaranteed. The amount of "snow shield" and "couldn't make it up" comments you see on here justify it.

Not saying they shouldn’t say it, more that it’s indicative of this type of set up - and by extension therefore whether it justifies an amber warning at all. But this is a world where a forecast of 1-3 cms gets a yellow warning, so. However did we cope in the 20th century without the internet to tell us what’s not going to happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
15 minutes ago, Dami said:

friend in Eastbourne just sent me a video of her falling snow.

Yeah been snowing since about 8.30 here. But sadly it hasnt settled yet. Even in the heavier bursts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Darker clouds arriving now and looking at the radar the first few flurries. Convection is shallow at the moment so a “blowing in the wind” job at the moment. However as thicknesses fall and 850s drop a little these should become heavier.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice big fluffy flakes falling, going to go out for a walk now and then pull my 11month daughter round in the sledge in the garden lol will report back in later with snow depths.

Have a good day all and enjoy 

• Like 1

Posted

good morning hit the jackpot here from 7-30am, blizzards and heavy snow, cars covered trees etc, looks gorgeous but viciously cold and gale force winds -9 with wind chill. Power ok at the moment but flasks filled and candles plus torches on hand for tonight, on amber warnings till lunch time tomorrow. Very luckt to have big picture window to watch it from, take care everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 minutes ago, Honey said:

Is anyone’s snow actually sticking ? Moderate here but melting soon as it hits the ground.  

Yes it's on its way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Winters & Warm (Not Hot!) Summers
31 minutes ago, barmybint said:

How strange!  Also Rochester and although it is snowing nicely and has been for the last 45 mins, there is nothing on pavements and roads in my bit - although cars and grass getting a covering.  Just shows how it can be so different 

It took a while but definitely settling on all surfaces now although where there are puddles it's taking a bit longer!!! Yeah it is strange how it can vary over short distances but I'm sure you'll catch up as it keeps piling in for our area