Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold with frost & snow in winter; hot and dry in summer

Very light snow falling in Dunstable now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Update on the big music festival expected here today.....while a couple of the support groups have shown up, it's now thought the main band has decided not to travel here....  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

so glad I didn't' waste last night lamppost watching.

On the other hand it probably still would have been better than sitting through 'Inferno'.... a truly awful film, one I cant believe Tom Hanks ever agree to take part in!  

Steady light snow here bu nothing settling yet much.  Was thinking Spurs v WBA at 12pm would have to be played with an orange ball based on what I was expecting but I can't see there being much of a need for that now.....

I feel asleep when a heavy burst went through, that was all snow, thinking it's transitioned now. Woke up and realised it must have been a sleet snow sleet snow night. But all is good now.

Posted

Under a heavy pulse now and coming down quite thickly - even settling on roof... and yet roads and paths still resistant... Guess we just need a real spurt to get them settled.

Met office has removed some "heavy" snow for today (although 7 hrs still left supposedly), but still shows snow for most of tomorrow and 8 hours of "heavy" snow.

So decent convective activity definitely still anticipated. Worth waiting patiently if it hasn't happened for you yet. The snow will also only get colder and better.

• Like 1

Posted

We're reached that magical moment when the snow starts to settle on the leaves of evergreens and then on the tops of grass and all of a sudden trees begin to glow silver.

Edited by andreas
ivy is not coniferous
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

It’s getting quite bright and the suns showing itself here in the West of our region! Temp and dp rising slightly now too! The radar shows the snow fairly close but I doubt that’s really falling as proper snow!

trying to find motivation to get some housework done! 

im moving to Scotland next year as my parents have recently passed away and left me their house, it’s going to be tough, my family have lived in my house for 200 years but I’m so looking forward to a new start and some snow!!)  x

(Farnham, Surrey) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
Just now, wellington boot said:

Under a heavy pulse now and coming down quite thickly - even settling on roof... and yet roads and paths still resistant... Guess we just need a real spurt to get them settled.

Met office has removed some "heavy" snow for today (although 7 hrs still left supposedly), but still shows snow for most of tomorrow and 8 hours of "heavy" snow.

So decent convective activity definitely still anticipated. Worth waiting patiently if it hasn't happened for you yet. The snow will also only get colder and better.

It's all over the place isn't it? Bit of a joke in all honesty.

Posted

Within the space of a few minutes all just settled on pavements and road here, transitioned in about 5 mins!  Marginality here in Maidstone, but the right side of marginal.  Guessing the ground finally got cold enough as air temp is still 0.0

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Think the Water Table is soooo high its just not got a chance to settle, that or get stuck under some yellow on radar for about 30 mins. Colder weather still to come in think Uppers get to -11c around Middday

I’d say we have 1cm here now on all but the roads. Moderate 10p flakes.

Posted

Heavy and getting deeper by the minute here in Pakefield. That area of snow is now pushing a bit further west on the latest net warnings. We are bound to see some drifting here in strong to gale force winds.

46E2F8D0-14E4-4559-AB7B-B724920BEC46.jpeg

60832946-3FAD-4B5B-B706-6F4B2A5145AD.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Dandruff bits in Worthing. 
either snow properly or don’t snow at all, Mother Nature!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Think the Water Table is soooo high its just not got a chance to settle, that or get stuck under some yellow on radar for about 30 mins. Colder weather still to come in think Uppers get to -11c around Middday

Will this help with streamers?

Posted
4 minutes ago, SHM040519 said:

Amber warning extended till 12 tomorrow and bit of Norfolk added. 

644C0EC9-9BFD-4AC7-B863-E11EA1200B35.png

Did not see this coming, i’m now under the amber! is it going to head north-west and teach here then? very confused!

• Like 2

Posted

Is anyone’s snow actually sticking ? Moderate here but melting soon as it hits the ground.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

So, after a massive delay to the start of the snow show, it's finally settling here in Maidstone tarmac included. 

Disappointing that we couldn't get more out of the front last night, but convection may come and save the day!

For those not in it atm, plenty of opportunities to come this week