Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Does seem strange that Height above sea level seems to be affecting this precip, thought it would be uniform even down to sea level but once again the higher up you are the easier it is to settle

Posted
18 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

It's settling in Maidstone Town centre now. Must be a proper white out up there

Yeah its coming down much heavier now, from where I live looking north you usually see the downs but can't see anything it's like thick fog! The strong winds have eased off now too so it should start building up nicely.

This view is towards Maidstone Town 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, boydem87 said:

Could Cambridge take the unofficial title of the UK's Most snowless place? Too far east too far south and sometimes too far north this time too far west too far inland for showers wow we are so unlucky!

No Broadstairs. End of. I dont live there but it nearly always misses out even when rest of Kent get a covering 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Downpour said:

This currently ranks as the biggest bust ever. I got slammed last night for saying it, but I was right. 

Wrong.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, Downpour said:

This currently ranks as the biggest bust ever. I got slammed last night for saying it, but I was right. 

I'm sure I got blocked by some for mentioning the kink in the front, which was probably what slowed things down, guess it didn't phase out as thought. But it's gone now and the snow is here.

• Like 1

Posted

I got up a while ago to find a wet, snowless day.  This is pretty much what I expected, despite the huge hype, but I had hoped to be wrong.  I said last night that 'Darcy' was clearly moving away as shown by the infrared satellite secquences, and would only just clip the SE but I was assured that it would reverse/throw out "arms" and provide "epic" snow.   Again, I hoped to be wrong.  There seemed to be very little observation of the actual progress of the storm and a huge concentration on models supposedly predicting its movement (wrongly).  There now looks to be dribs and drabs of precipitation around while the activity is mainly over the continent.

I hope some people at least have some snow after all their wishing.  For the record, here between Dorking and Reigate we have +1.2C and snow flurries.  We had graupel briefly about an hour ago.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Does seem strange that Height above sea level seems to be affecting this precip, thought it would be uniform even down to sea level but once again the higher up you are the easier it is to settle

Still above freezing according to my weather station so until it cools down which it is expected to do according to the Met Office then it should start setling more.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Really struggling to settle on the roads, don't understand it! It's also not that great in terms of "BLIZZARDS"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter
2 minutes ago, EML Network said:

Well spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska, we have snizzle

Kryten? Is that you? 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Downpour said:

It’s going to be a damp squib. There is nothing but rain here. Accumulations, if they happen at all, will be minimal for most of our region.

You're a wind up merchant. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yep absolutely zilch settling after 3hours of snow in Gravesend- gutted but doesn't surprise me as ita often like this here when mid Kent etc have settling snow. I thought minus 1 air temp and sub zero dew points was enough I wonder what else is causing it?

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Looking very wintry in Clacton via Twitter

45 mins of light snow in SE London but too warm to settle. Still enjoying watching it blowing around in the breeze though.

• Like 3

Posted

heavy snow    in  ipswich

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme
2 minutes ago, TheMoonman said:

Kryten? Is that you? 

lol  yay ...A fellow Dwarfer  

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Betchworth Golf Club, still not really interested in settling but a few flakes aren’t melting on impact

IMG_7078.MOV

You're half a mile from me!