Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
Just now, Uxbridge90 said:

I see it's very slow expanding slightly westwards but the intensity looks extremely weak.

Looks dark pink on radar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Bit of a let down, tiny flakes blowing in the wind and the main band of heavy precipitation looking very narrow.

The met office app looked correct when I went to sleep. No snow until 8am then light patchy snow all day.

Update, opened the blind now and it's a little heavier. App now says it will ease off this morning and get heavier for a while this afternoon. 

Let"s see what happens...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Doing OK here atm, heavier stuff forecast from around 11am for a few hours, sticking to everything apart from the roads and pavements

IMG_20210207_083450.jpg

IMG_20210207_083500.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Morning, Snowing in Croydon. Settling on cars at the moment. Temp is 1.6C. It's a start image.png.b9f7637ee9ca4aa90e29dfcb7d7a0ba6.pngimage.png.0aa32a0158cda55adf245f78a857f413.pngimage.png.e2502606a3958c92b07d788435a98f45.pngimage.png.04d337909fb42549ed781f975087db9a.pngimage.png.b18d293191a025ac9c559b9922d4eeb0.pngimage.png.b562b683573c80d6e92ed5824f3db446.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I see that it's begginig to get heavier here now, still a slight wind but very good conditions for laying as it has begun to.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
24 minutes ago, kevey said:

Heaviest it’s been here, whilst met office says just cloudy right now for me.....

I’m not too far from you, snowing here in NE London, settling on grass and roofs. Looks nice and powdery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Not a great Update from Weatherquest on Twitter just now

Seems only Suffolk and Kent they are thinking for anything settling and accumulating

I'm very much in Norfolk and things are settling and accumulating as I type

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A comparison of the radar image at 07.20 and 08.20 clearly shows the progress west with the heaviest band pepping up and the colder temps digging south. The BBC weather presenter has just said the heavier band straddling the East Anglia coast will move west over the next 2 hours to lie over east Suffolk and Norfolk. She also said Kent in the firing line.

07.20 484303125_RadarSun07Feb07_20.thumb.jpg.b6af2b5290cf12135c2ce74e45be3191.jpg 08.20 1051301679_RadarSun07Feb08_20.thumb.jpg.0bfd21b47d37330ff11e018ea2e59187.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Oops. Progress west!!!
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of any kind
5 minutes ago, lewis028 said:

The heavier precipitation is agonisingly close off the Southend coast. Moving ever so slowly, will certainly build up some accumulation under that! Anyone in Canterbury or Ashford? Must be doing well at the moment!

Yep - I'm guessing around 3cm on the grass now here. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, dubmuffin said:

Bit of a let down, tiny flakes blowing in the wind and the main band of heavy precipitation looking very narrow.

The met office app looked correct when I went to sleep. No snow until 8am then light patchy snow all day.

Update, opened the blind now and it's a little heavier. App now says it will ease off this morning and get heavier for a while this afternoon. 

Let"s see what happens...

Look at radar,not app.

Looks pretty consistent to me? X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Moderate snow continues in Ramsgate/manston

Now sticking to every surfurce....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Don't be fooled by sodden ground mate I can see flakes already beginning to stick to features here in GRAVESEND temps have plummeted dramatically and the snows just picked up settling in cars for now

Was just about to say the same thing, KS; snow is now settling on the puddles!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I’m still waiting , not going to lie feel sad as was hoping to wake up to a winter wonderland , but hey that’s weather for you !! I’m laying in bed and it’s sounding windier out there .I hope we still have a chance for some snow but I’m not optimistic now . Good luck to those that are getting snow , enjoy 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Gonzolio Martinez said:

I'm very much in Norfolk and things are settling and accumulating as I type

Thats good to know so Norfolk, Suffolk and Kent ticking it off the list.

So is it just the South and Mid Essex areas and North Kent near the Estuary who have not had a covering since March 2018 ?

Anyone else out there in this 35 month barren spell

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Marie said:

I’m still waiting , not going to lie feel sad as was hoping to wake up to a winter wonderland , but hey that’s weather for you !! I’m laying in bed and it’s sounding windier out there .I hope we still have a chance for some snow but I’m not optimistic now . Good luck to those that are getting snow , enjoy 

I hate it when it snows whilst I asleep.feel like I missed it lol.much better being delayed as I get to see it unfold x

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Raining now and very blowy! 

temp dropping still but still 

temp 2.4

dp 1.1 

(Farnham Surrey) 

feels cold in here but we haven’t had heating for 2 years now so staying in bed for a while!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thats good to know so Norfolk, Suffolk and Kent ticking it off the list.

So is it just the South and Mid Essex areas and North Kent near the Estuary who have not had a covering since March 2018 ?

Anyone else out there in this 35 month barren spell

I'm just up the road from you Paul and the intensity is increasing all the time. There is still hope.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A comparison of the radar image at 07.20 and 08.20 clearly shows the progress east with the heaviest band pepping up and the colder temps digging south. The BBC weather presenter has just said the heavier band straddling the East Anglia coast will move west over the next 2 hours to lie over east Suffolk and Norfolk. She also said Kent in the firing line.

07.20 484303125_RadarSun07Feb07_20.thumb.jpg.b6af2b5290cf12135c2ce74e45be3191.jpg 08.20 1051301679_RadarSun07Feb08_20.thumb.jpg.0bfd21b47d37330ff11e018ea2e59187.jpg

They also said there won’t be a hurricane 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
3 minutes ago, danm said:

I’m not too far from you, snowing here in NE London, settling on grass and roofs. Looks nice and powdery.

Not settling here yet

Posted
3 minutes ago, danm said:

No chance of settling here currently. Chingford always does better from these set ups than my neck of the woods