Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
3 minutes ago, magicpatch said:

Just had a peek outside, pretty much nothing going on. It's windy and cool for sure, but little to nothing of the stuff they call snow. 

Crazy, we're in the same town... it's been snowing up here from about 07.15, then we had a brief mini flake blizzard and now back to the odd flake blowing in the wind. It's slowly making it's way west so you should get some soon 

Posted
1 minute ago, k66yla said:

It’s not that good in Ashford, very little wind and the snow isn’t very heavy though it has laid on everything except concrete.

It's still quite marginal. The snow is only settling on the higher ground (mainly, apart from where it's hoofing down in east  Kent to settle in places like Canterbury at 20 metres altitude 

Posted

Still heavy here however still reluctant to go on pavements and roads. Hopefully will in the next hour or so! Defo a slushy layer but not snow covered yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Starting to settle very slowly on some surfaces..... I guess if it does keep up all day and into tomorrow, as the MetO is still optimistically suggesting for this location, we may end up with a couple of centimetres. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Maidstone marginal said:

It's still quite marginal. The snow is only settling on the higher ground (mainly, apart from where it's hoofing down in east  Kent to settle in places like Canterbury at 20 metres altitude 

We are currently getting battered in headcorn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

It's not even that good in the good areas! The usual suspects of grass and cars.... roads next to nothing

Posted

Light snow blowing about at dartford station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer
16 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Should be able to make a snowman in roughly 15 years, but it's also very lightly snowing in Strood.

Is it where in Strood 

just rain where I am 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

I blame the talking lion! 

Talking of lions, it's snowing nicely in the lion enclosure at Port Lympne safari park (few miles west of Folkstone).

england-kent-lions-port-lympne-hotel.jpg
WWW.WEBCAMTAXI.COM

This HD Live streaming webcam shows you the lions at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, located in Kent, England

• Like 2

Posted

Can that heavy band move please I beg lol just a few dozen miles lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Intensity of tiny flakes picking up again here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'm under the heavier band of precipitation and it's rubbish!! Stop start, stop start. If this carries on will be lucky to cover the roads 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
16 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Orpington Kent. 0.9 temperature a drop of 1c in under an hour.

Very fine snow just starting to form slush on cars on drive 

Is north west Kent set good ?

I am 0.2 here at Locksbottom and only 1 mile from you.Light snow and settled on cars and roofs but think this will be another bust from the main band.tbf met office look quite accurate with it keeping quite well east although they got timings badly wrong imho even at 12-18 hours out.They clearly expected snow transition at about 1amish but for most it wasn’t till 6-7am-And that is at such short notice!Just proves with hundreds and millions of pounds worth of sooper Dooper computers it is only Mother Nature that has the answer.

Onto the 2nd bite of the cherry now(streamers)-I am lucky to have a ticket for that raffle but will it be a bottle of champagne or a cheap bottle of plonk!Way things have gone down here this winter I know what I think will happen

stay safe and best of British to those who are in sweet spot today as it is those same places that so far have been snowless❄️still got all this week of very cold weather so surprises may pop up for rest of SE THREAD

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, k66yla said:

It’s not that good in Ashford, very little wind and the snow isn’t very heavy though it has laid on everything except concrete.

Dual carriageway in ashford is covered in snow apparently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Bit of patience needed I think/hope.

Just relieved we’ve gone from rain and sleet to snow here. Next challenge is for it to settle but we know that can change pretty quickly with falling temperatures and/or dewpoint.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Crazy, we're in the same town... it's been snowing up here from about 07.15, then we had a brief mini flake blizzard and now back to the odd flake blowing in the wind. It's slowly making it's way west so you should get some soon 

Just started here, very fine flakes at this moment, but can't see it laying as it's so wet! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Wynter said:

I just want to know if those calling out the likes of @Ian Docwra as a troll or a pessimist because he dared to say this moving more SE than projected, are going to apologise this morning. Some of it was ridiculous. 

I never called him out but did put a post in here earlier probably around 430am saying his hunch about it not being that far west and a clipper was probably right, but its hard to congratulate someone when you are 4 hours into a 30 hour event 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Morning all! Slightly hissed off....what happened? Is Darcy delayed or changed course?

Moderate fine snow blowing around like crazy here, slushy deposits on car windscreen etc, temp 0.2C.

Is this as good as it gets??

Darcy got held up in customs with humungous amounts of paper work and has decided to look as though she will only bury Kent in her fuming state (cant blame her),  oh and all that forecasting stuff from yesterdays chat has gone completely belly up as per usual.

Ie-: all models cant predict the weather when its coming from the other way!

• Like 2