Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Quickly improving picture here in East Suffolk. Now 0.1C, wind is getting stronger, snow has got a bit heavier, and now readily settling. Radar picture also improving.

For anyone despondant about the situation this morning, I would suggest catching up with the BBC forecast on BBC Breakfast. Confimation that things are expected to turn to snow more widely and also lots of talk about showers leading to good accumulations tomorrow, perhaps well inland too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
10 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Looking at the northern part of the PPN its still pushing west nicely 

I don't see it - the wind is NNE and I can't see anything other than a Kent streamer until that flow becomes ENE.

Posted
1 minute ago, RJM said:

My god. That from someone in Maidstone! Used to live there. Never again

I was gonna say the same...but didn’t wanna haha! Maidstone has a good ring road tho... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Light snow blowing in the wind in Brentwood, very light covering on cars 

temp 1.2c

Edited by simonhall6
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Its so strange out there, very windy clouds moving fast but big breaks  in them, looks like the sun could pop out any minute lol not even raining!! 

Temp 1.3

Dp 0.2

Feels like -4

Posted
Just now, StLuke said:

Temp down another notch 1.3, light to moderate snow blowing in every direction.

Not in this part of Leigh On Sea Lol

Enjoy

Posted
Just now, winterfreak said:

Really? you think that's it? Jesus wept....

Theres still probably enough left for a small further west motion, but not too much more from the looks of the radar.

Surrey said 10-11am based on the Euro4, that may well be the case for the absolute most westerly point, but I think that drift westwards will be slowing from now on.

Its kinda hard to explain how it looks but on radar its clear whats happening once you know where all the key players are and the direction.

The good news is thats what tou want to call it is the lower level flow is forced back more ENE later this evening which will force what convection forms in the wake of this frontal system westwards across the region. 

So even if this band doesn't make it, there should be plenty of line convection to work with later on today.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, SHM040519 said:

I was gonna say the same...but didn’t wanna haha! Maidstone has a good ring road tho... 

Yeah. Only problem with Maidstone is the Luftwaffe missed it during 1940 only joking Maidstonians. Went to grammar school there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

As the transition to snow was delayed does that mean we have missed out on snow as it fell as rain 

Or

Were the DP related to an area of precipitation that simply took longer to reach us?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy here to start the day.

Snow becoming  more extensive later today. As showers or bands of snow push into northern and more western parts of the region.

Euro 4

anim_wsj9.gif

Still going for some substantial totals (20-30cm) in the east and towards Kent.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
21 minutes ago, EML Network said:

Last 2 hours and the Brighton Snow shield is clearly working... i give up.

Screenshot_20210207-071252_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210207-071258_Chrome.jpg

Yup! Even my post pessimistic view last night for hour area has proved too positive!

Cold wind and light drizzle here just now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

0.9c quite a fast drop what temp do we realistically need to freeze up the ground do we reckon? 

20210207_073459.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Tiny snow particles blowing around in the wind. Temp dipped to 1.5 degrees from a balmy 2 degrees an hour ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Theres still probably enough left for a small further west motion, but not too much more from the looks of the radar.

Surrey said 10-11am based on the Euro4, that may well be the case for the absolute most westerly point, but I think that drift westwards will be slowing from now on.

Its kinda hard to explain how it looks but on radar its clear whats happening once you know where all the key players are and the direction.

The good news is thats what tou want to call it is the lower level flow is forced back more ENE later this evening which will force what convection forms in the wake of this frontal system westwards across the region. 

So even if this band doesn't make it, there should be plenty of line convection to work with later on today.

Well, i'll hold my breath.Oh hang on, maybe not.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
4 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

I don't see it - the wind is NNE and I can't see anything other than a Kent streamer until that flow becomes ENE.

It is,if you put radar on animation 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Come on..

1364582296_Screenshot2021-02-07at07_37_40.thumb.png.ce73b6da2740374ded054d309169a0f4.png

Living in Rochester I will be absolutely FUMING if this ends up being the western extent, it's so close! Just a little further Darcy.. come on..

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Not in this part of Leigh On Sea Lol

Enjoy

I'm at the home half of my location, southchurch park area, getting heavier as I type.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Netweather Extra radar grab at 07.25. You can see the alignment with the isobars. I can confirm light snow at my location and in the last 15 mins it's started to settle on car and shed roof.

271373354_RadarSun07Feb07_25.thumb.jpg.bcdd2a3b0c79f38fa2cc4686c0869912.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Snowing lightly here on the Isle of sheppey north Kent absolutely bitter in that gale. 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Met4Cast said:

Come on..

1364582296_Screenshot2021-02-07at07_37_40.thumb.png.ce73b6da2740374ded054d309169a0f4.png

Living in Rochester I will be absolutely FUMING if this ends up being the western extent, it's so close! Just a little further Darcy.. come on..

Ahh Cute

Your in the NO SNOW Jackpot zone atm with us further north

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Cloudy here to start the day.

Snow becoming  more extensive later today. As showers or bands of snow push into northern and more western parts of the region.

Euro 4

anim_wsj9.gif

Good loop there.

You can see the dynamics well.

Looks at the LP over France, you'll notice at some later today the convection start looping back west around the LP. That is the lower level flow which switches towards ENE which pushes the convection westwards, whilst the steering currents keep the streamers on a NE-SW heading as they work westwards in the flow.

Ir will come westwards and the ARONE/ARPEGE is quite keen on still giving pretty decent snowfall to SE Essex, etc, drops somewhere in the 10-15cms for the Southend region from this evening through to the next afternoon during about 2-3 longish convective bands.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
1 minute ago, TN26 said:

As the transition to snow was delayed does that mean we have missed out on snow as it fell as rain 

Or

Were the DP related to an area of precipitation that simply took longer to reach us?

Your dew points are lowering slowly but getting to a level where snow is the more likely outcome it will be a slow burner for you but I think one with a good outcome for your area