Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

So 10 year old has woken up, and despite no ' winter wonderland' that he had hoped for he's still fairly positive he will see snow today.

is it still set on? According to an app I'm at 1c here in Ipswich I only have apps to go on - can anyone assist me with a temperature and dew points please? 

ipswich (I'm about 4 miles outside of it) was right in the heart of the amber zone - really do hope it's still going to happen.

read some posts that the snow/cold is delayed? What may have caused this? If true?

• Like 2

Posted

Signs looking better here, after holding steady the temperature has started to drop with band approaching the mouth of the estuary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything
1 minute ago, Great Plum said:

Morning everyone - woke up to a lot of no outside ?‍♂️

Temps at 2.2c with a dp of 1.2c. Fingers  crossed we get something! 

The maps suggest we are right on the edge of the 24-hour continual flow of snow!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, IDO said:

The maps suggest we are right on the edge of the 24-hour continual flow of snow!

- that could be infuriating! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Its strange it comes in bursts it briefly goes to moderate wet snow then back to just a few flakes wind is so strong here by the Thames 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Yet another absolute flop for those further west to add to the rest of the flops this winter. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Maybe but most of us a lay people. I couldn't begin to understand the complexities involved. Look at a few weeks back when we were due that big event from the South West. Good snowfall touted. What happened? It slid way in to Northern France hardly dropping a flake. Its been a crap year, don't blame people for being disappointed. Great if it happens but people are tired of it going tits up at the last moment, and it can so often go tits up. Instead of mocking people maybe practice little understanding and reassure them eh?

Why would anyone need reassurance or understanding from a stranger on an internet forum??

Perspective needed here, its not a life or death situation - its grown adults throwing their toys out of the pram because it hasn't snowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Hi everyone just signed up. 

Anyway reading all the comments, i know everyone wants the snow lol. Dont worry its just dealyed, you can see clearly on the radar that its coming. The whole south east will see snowfall for many hours, just be patient. 

• Like 2

Posted

Horrible Gap setting up about 20 miles in width from Ipswich down through to South Essex.

Good to see Chelmsford is in the western precip band that should head down into NE and SE London

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
Just now, Great Plum said:

- that could be infuriating! 

Atleast you Surrey guys had snow in january and prob will get something from streamers though keep the faith only just started in Gravesend here first proper snow falling I've seen in 3 years! No way near settling yet though at 1.7c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp 3 dew point 2 according to local shoreham weather station , still to high here , very odd as we saw snow at 2pm , wet snow but it was still snow . I’m still hoping we will get some snow today , keep positive guys 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun or heat
3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Very close to me and I’m still not seeing anything!

In between you and @Kentspur, just off A2 in Strood...

Excuse my actual building site, hopefully you can see a few light flakes!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Atleast you Surrey guys had snow in january and prob will get something from streamers though keep the faith only just started in Gravesend here first proper snow falling I've seen in 3 years! No way near settling yet though at 1.7c

Enjoy, gonna start my journey home soon

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Horrible Gap setting up about 20 miles in width from Ipswich down through to South Essex.

Good to see Chelmsford is in the western precip band that should head down into NE and SE London

Yes it’s startinggghh

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine
5 minutes ago, IDO said:

Let’s hope so ??

• Like 2