Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

And a big shout out to everyone in here, that have lasted this long tonight, sending out virtual high fives to all, snowing here, but it's very light, and amounting to nothing as yet

• Like 7

Posted

The heavier PPN has really struggled to get west of the M20 for most of the night. 

There does seem to be a more organised pulse developing now - hopefully that will do the job!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
Just now, snowrye said:

And a big shout out to everyone in here, that have lasted this long tonight, sending out virtual high fives to all, snowing here, but it's very light, and amounting to nothing as yet

I’ve been doing the model night shift in the mod thread so I am somewhat use to these late nights now

lockdown really hasn’t done any wonders for the sleeping pattern

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, zubzero said:

What are you lot on about, for those in the amber area it was never forecast to get going till early morning.. The warning only starts from now .

Truth in this. We're currently 12 mins into the amber alert window, which lasts for the best part of two days... Also signs of activity increasing out at sea and temps moving in right direction, as observed by many.

The met office updates for my area now has snow non stop through to Monday evening, 0C within an hour, and 14 hours worth of "heavy" snow (which we know actually to mean very likely snow).

With that said, I don't love the way those stronger echoes are sticking by the North Kent coast and refusing to continue inland. However this is a minor concern at this point and was also pretty much forecast.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, snowrye said:

God Damn. I'm keeping hope still  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

1.6c DP here and lovely cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Snowing here! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

This proves what a hopeless waste of time it is to try and predict the weather. 

somewhere might get 1cm out of this but I doubt it will be IMBY now. 

Posted
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

So dishearted this looks like a bust again I am frustrated . Wasted my sleep to see nothing.

good luck for the 5 to 10  centimetres whoever is lucky to get the lottery . I am done 

good night all 

Why would you stay up for an event that was not due to start till the morning??

• Like 2

Posted

Wow. Looks like i was right to be jaffa cakesed off last night when the MO change their forecast.

But no, those who were on here last night said I was being impatient, and to only trust the radar.

Well how's that f'ing going for you?

Edited by Wynter
  • Like 1

Just now, Wynter said:

Wow. Looks like is was right to be jaffa cakesed off last night when the MO change their forecast.

But no, those who were on here last night said I was being impatient, and to only trust the radar.

Got a pretty good covering here in east Kent! It’s early days yet. Plenty of time for snow across the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Who poured hot water into the Thames?! Really struggling to get the temp down here whats the best site any links to see current temps /dew points #still light rain!

Screenshot_20210207-042310_Netweather Radar.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, Wynter said:

Wow. Looks like is was right to be jaffa cakesed off last night when the MO change their forecast.

Well its improved a bit in the last hour as some more banding features seem to be developing in the north sea.

However it's still a bit to marginal with the temps at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
4 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

I’ve been doing the model night shift in the mod thread so I am somewhat use to these late nights now

lockdown really hasn’t done any wonders for the sleeping pattern

Lockdown sleep patterns for weather nuts: I spend most days looking like this --> 

And this -->

But Husband has just come downstairs and told me that seeing as "there's no bl**dy snow" I really ought to go to bed.

So goodnight all and here's hoping those in the sweet spots get a winter wonderland

• Like 1

Posted

Deary Deary Deary me

This could go down as the Biggest Bust of them all

Absolutely shocking modelling from every single Model, when your expected Temperature at 4am is 5c too high and your dewpoint is 7c too high something tells you something has badly gone wrong

Think I said I would retire and leave the weather forums if this failed well looks like I might be on me way out

This will go down in History though bigger than THAT ECM

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, Kentspur said:

Who poured hot water into the Thames?! Really struggling to get the temp down here whats the best site any links to see current temps /dew points #still light rain!

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground’s WunderMap provides interactive weather and radar Maps for weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Plenty of 2s and 3s across Kent there.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Screenshot_20210207-042310_Netweather Radar.jpg

Southend Airport is 3c/2c bloody shocking

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
24 minutes ago, 2810lollypop said:

I've stayed up all night to see a bit of snow fallling , I've seen it & it's doing sod all to settle so I'm going to bed ?‍♀️. Night all , good morning . We are all bloody nuts

Posted

Just a quick reminder of where the 00z ARPEGE expects us to be by 5am:

8488_sky4.png

I'd say we are behind schedule BUT at the moment not so much that it can't be clawed back and the profile aloft is only cooling down still. I imagine there maybe a fairly widespread switch over to snow in the next 1-2hrs based on where we are seeing snow reports in the heavier bursts now.

If we are still struggling come 10am then we must worry, but too early to throw it all out for you guys in the amber zone.

Put it this way, I'd rather be where you guys are than where I am! At least you have a better than 10% chance of something more than a bit of a snizzle!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Chill out, the weather will do what it pleases and no-one can change it.

Despite your annoyance, the folks who said to trust the radar were absolutely bang on correct - if it shows nothing then that's what you will get.