Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, Stu_London said:

Looks like the temps and dewpoints have started to flatline also - predictably just the wrong side of marginal.

Although lower upper temps should push them down eventually. 

It’s race and catch up.. the overheads eventually will be fine .. it’s formatted gain that’s dwindling..@system sinking.. it’s struggling to make inroads preety badly atm!!! We’ll have to see !!??..

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

There will be plenty of convection around for prime spots, especially by tomorrow evening, fully expect to have a Kent streamer in play by then.

This event has a whiff of the Feb 05 fail thus far with regards to the front if anyone who has been around long enough remembers!

Edit - should still be fine for Kent, SE Essex and Suffolk though, watch for a pulse between 6-8am.

When was the Feb 05 fail in relation to the March 05 success? I remember we had 7 inches here on 2nd March from a little feature which curved through the SE'ern corner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Just not getting heavy enough ppn to drag down them temps.

The echoes in the n.sea are nothing special  .

Unless I'm missing something where is the the heavy stuff?

Temps around freezing now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Drizzle in Sevenoaks, no wind really either, has this all gone wrong or is it still on but just later? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im going to bed lol

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

There will be plenty of convection around for prime spots, especially by tomorrow evening, fully expect to have a Kent streamer in play by then.

This event has a whiff of the Feb 05 fail thus far with regards to the front if anyone who has been around long enough remembers!

Edit - should still be fine for Kent, SE Essex and Suffolk though, watch for a pulse between 6-8am.

hope you are right, so disappointed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, wellington boot said:

When was the Feb 05 fail in relation to the March 05 success? I remember we had 7 inches here on 2nd March from a little feature which curved through the SE'ern corner.

Nah it was from a front moving in from the east. Was predicted by the models to give 4-6 inches but came in far weaker than expected. This meant temperatures didn't go as low and it sleeted lightly nearly across the board.

Sounds a little familiar at the moment?

Of course this time we've got a whole load if convection that may well make up the difference over an extended period.

• Like 1

Posted

What are you lot on about, for those in the amber area it was never forecast to get going till early morning.. The warning only starts from now .

Edited by zubzero
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I'll keep the faith for now there seems to be sudden back building going on around the area ive circled 

20210207_040152.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

I've stayed up all night to see a bit of snow fallling , I've seen it & it's doing sod all to settle so I'm going to bed ?‍♀️. Night all , good morning . We are all bloody nuts

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

I'll keep the faith for now there seems to be sudden back building going on around the area ive circled 

20210207_040152.jpg

Stuff in the estuary starting to look a bit more robust as well - perhaps all is not lost. Could do with losing a degree or two off the air temps and dewpoints however. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Come on guys, don't get disheartened yet!

I posted around 9PM saying a downgrade for tonight was on the way. Temperatures/dew-points for widespread snow has been pushed back to 06:00 now (two hours away). As per recently issued Met forecasts, snow will push inland and become persistent later this morning and last through the afternoon, overnight and into Monday.

I make no promises for the west of the region, but see no reason whatsoever why eastern parts will miss out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm calling bust, right under heaviest precipitation in country. Been snowing for an hour or more, just not cold enough and very muddy outside with water pouring down gutters still. Time to kip!

Posted
4 minutes ago, zubzero said:

What are you lot on about, for those in the amber area it was never forecast to get going till early morning.. The warning only strata from now .

Yeah I still think the main areas will be ok in the end, it's just taking a little while to get there.

You can see precipitation strengthening in the north sea and that area should build into coastal parts of Essex and Suffolk in the next 2hrs.

Kent shows there is some energy present there, just gotta give it time.

Btw the LP at mid levels is a fair bit further west than GFS 00z expected at this point judging by radar.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

As others have been reporting - slowly making the changeover here now with small flakes starting to appear.
Temps dropping painfully slowly right now, but it'll get there1.4c/0.9c 

Enjoy all

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Come on guys, don't get disheartened yet!

I posted around 9PM saying a downgrade for tonight was on the way. Temperatures/dew-points for widespread snow has been pushed back to 06:00 now (two hours away). As per recently issued Met forecasts, snow will push inland and become persistent later this morning and last through the afternoon, overnight and into Monday.

I make no promises for the west of the region, but see no reason whatsoever why eastern parts will miss out.

Oh us out further west have basically near 0% chance of anything more than a dusting. 

I agree with you though, it's pivoting still and give it another few hours of cooling aloft it will get there. The pivoting should be good enough for areas in the amber zone but not sure it goes much beyond that point, so for those it's down to showers as the front breaks up later in the day and moves away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
2 minutes ago, Jamie M said:

Looks like sleet? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well, I was going to go to bed, but im normally up around 7, think a doze in the recliner might be in order instead

• Like 1

Posted

Oh well. The new sledge looks like it’s going to have to wait for it’s first outing!