Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, Steve Kent said:

Were you in Maidstone in Feb-Mar 2018? Here in Allington it was incredible. 30cm in drifts!

I'm on about the several hours of rain potentially turning to drifting snow. 2018 event began as snow on dry frosty ground 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 minute ago, Marie said:

It’s snowing yay , lovely to see , I’m happy  

Still plain old rain in Dartford goes to show how the Thames/low lying and Urban heat effect really gets us if places further south and west of here are already reporting sleet and snow, its reminding me of my horrific Sunday when everywhere to my west had snow a couple weeks ago!But I have faith in you guys this will all transition eventually I wonder how my home location Gravesend is doing 6-7 miles east of here

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mizzle said:

I had a good feeling too! I'm not quite throwing in the towel - and still excited for the far SE as I have family there. 

And I still have orange sky to my East which has often proven more reliable than the apps.

I wish I had your optimism! My long experience with cold spells and close watching just leads me to think it's not our turn this time round. Can't always win.

I think we may end up with a bit of snizzle tomorrow, snowy drizzle that is so light it does t really settle. The models will show 1-2cms but In reality it's falling over such extended periods it will melt before it can actually settle fast enough since temps will be a little above 0c here under gray snizzle skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Temperatures and dew-points continuing to fall slowly across the region. Originally, most of us were expected to be at 0C around 2am, but that's been pushed to around 6am now.

00Z UKV and Met Office forecasts due before 3am, lets see if there are any changes 

temperatures-02z.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Well. I have no technical way of checking whats happening here but...my washing line has stopped swaying, ive just kicked the extra throw  off my bed, i cant see an orange sky and my cats want to go out ( always a bad sign when hoping for snow). Ive also nearly ran out of coffee and smoked to much while ive been " hanging on for just 10 more minutes" for the last 4 hours.  So im going to sleep in hope i wake up to a whiteout in a few more hours!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Kentspur said:

Still plain old rain in Dartford goes to show how the Thames/low lying and Urban heat effect really gets us if places further south and west of here are already reporting sleet and snow, its reminding me of my horrific Sunday when everywhere to my west had snow a couple weeks ago!But I have faith in you guys this will all transition eventually I wonder how my home location Gravesend is doing 6-7 miles east of here

I doubt gravesend is doing much better than here. It's even lower to sea level, but things will change soon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Seems to be a few hours slower.

I'm just on the edge of the stuff forming off the estuary. The uppers are only -4c atm, they will be -10c by midmorning. I think we just need to be patient.

Posted

Conditions gradually becoming conducive for snow across kent. 

Expecting most pink by around 3pm - based on various weather stations readings and the direction of travel of temps and dewpoints. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I will be the last place in Kent to see the transition I think as usual lol

20210207_020217.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
14 minutes ago, Maidstone marginal said:

From what I can gather Netherlands has been barren of snow for as long as South east England. That's why they are going crazy over it

Netherlands have a very similar climate to SE but do MUCH better for thunderstorms!

Edited by 95 Degrees
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu_London said:

Expecting most pink by around 3pm - based on various weather stations readings and the direction of travel of temps and dewpoints. 

Hope you mean 3am haha

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Def not here 5c here in Dartford the highest temp anywhere in SE/EA looking at that! Were a right little hot spot at this rate will take half of Sunday to lower to 0c lol

I'm def getting flashbacks of 2 Sundays ago when my friends near Woking and Herts sent me pics of snow while I was excitedly waiting for it only to see a bit of rain and sleet in the afternoon to my horror. I've a sneaky feeling rather than Miss Darcy the Monday Thames streamer will be far more productive once the properly cold air is in place unless I'm jumping the gun 

Screenshot_20210207-020414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
1 minute ago, Mr Brown said:

Hope you mean 3am haha

I do - I've become nocturnal what with the weather and the cricket - no idea what day or time it is most of the time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Temperatures and dew-points continuing to fall slowly across the region. Originally, most of us were expected to be at 0C around 2am, but that's been pushed to around 6am now.

00Z UKV and Met Office forecasts due before 3am, lets see if there are any changes 

temperatures-02z.png

I think we'll hit 0 before then, can't tell if it's still sleet or all snow now, it's just blowing past the lamp post at quite a pace. Can definitely see snow in it though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Def not here 5c here in Dartford the highest temp anywhere in SE/EA looking at that! Were a right little hot spot at this rate will take half of Sunday to lower to 0c lol

The guy probably has his thermometer too close to the house 

• Like 1

Posted

bit of a warm drift off the estuary I am guessing - you will need those falling uppers probably but they are in the post. 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Steve Kent said:

From Dutch weather service website, translated into English.

Looks like similar snow predictions to East Anglia / South East coastal areas. Very very strong winds. Not sure what their threshold is for a 'red' alert - it might be they have a couple of these every year.

dutch weather 070221.jpg

MetO is looking into this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Still heavy rain here near Maidstone,  the ground is so waterlogged.... if it turns to snow I find it hard to imagine it will be able to settle....